• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Milano vs Fitzgerald suit

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It says the Milano suits are made in Italy. Does anyone know the manufacturer and whether they are half or fully canvassed?

I don't understand why their only solid two-button suit in this line is black and a charcoal flannel.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I decided to email BB and ask if they plan to have their two-button Milano suit in any solid color other than Black. They replied and said no. This is very disappointing. It seems like the only solid color you can get in a Milano is going to be grey flannel and black.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
It says the Milano suits are made in Italy. Does anyone know the manufacturer and whether they are half or fully canvassed?

I don't understand why their only solid two-button suit in this line is black and a charcoal flannel.

Manufacture, no idea. Half canvassed. The charcoal grey is not heavy duty winter flannel, I would say close to 3 season, you should check it out.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I decided to email BB and ask if they plan to have their two-button Milano suit in any solid color other than Black. They replied and said no. This is very disappointing. It seems like the only solid color you can get in a Milano is going to be grey flannel and black.

Honestly I think Navy Pinstripe is pretty stable. That was my first suit
teacha.gif
I think you can kind ignore what BB says, they might change their mind by next season anyway...

Also the 3 roll to 2 looks good

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...uct_Id=1534977

might just find an alternative to my Polo II from PRL

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Manufacture, no idea. Half canvassed. The charcoal grey is not heavy duty winter flannel, I would say close to 3 season, you should check it out.

Thanks, that's good to know since I would prefer a solid charcoal suit. Hopefully my size becomes available.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to know since I would prefer a solid charcoal suit. Hopefully my size becomes available.

definitely look it in person though, some people just prefer finer wool in general no matter what

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After losing 30 lbs and down one or two sizing, I am in the process of replacing my suits and sport coats/blazers...

Noticed this morning that BB has expanded their Milano suit offering (they even have a solid Navy.)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...ction_size=&section_color=&sortby=newArrivals

Recently I tried on Regent and like the fit; just wondering if someone can share how Milano fits with respect to Regent.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ IMO/IME, Regent is a great fit if you have a broader shoulder....and the suiting trousers seems to be a little tapered vs the Fitz. I wear 40S for Fitz as well......Milano is just a tad tight to my liking because I am fat (32 waist) ...great if you are really skinny

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ IMO/IME, Regent is a great fit if you have a broader shoulder....and the suiting trousers seems to be a little tapered vs the Fitz. I wear 40S for Fitz as well......Milano is just a tad tight to my liking because I am fat (32 waist) ...great if you are really skinny

I wish I had known this years ago.l I dismissed the Regent without looking into in since I didn't think about shoulder fit versus the fitzgerald.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads