• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Milano vs Fitzgerald suit

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Last year when I was still going into Brooks Brothers stores, I found it impossible to find more than one or two Milanos in the entire stock (I shopped at the DC store on Connecticut Ave.). The SA told me they are in extremely limited supply and that - in this DC store anyway - they don't move very well.

I was always interested in that suit, but I sure as heck wasn't going to buy one without trying it on. So I never took the plunge. Bought Ralph Lauren Black Label instead (and probably should have done so regardless - great suits).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ak622
Thanks clee! When I went in December they didn't have many 36S in the Fitz and the SA didn't mention the Milano 36R when I was there. I guess they didn't have any at that time.. I did order a navy during the post christmas sale but wouldn't mind picking up another in gray if it was at a good price.

The one I picked up was dark gray
laugh.gif
though you should call them to check.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
Last year when I was still going into Brooks Brothers stores, I found it impossible to find more than one or two Milanos in the entire stock (I shopped at the DC store on Connecticut Ave.). The SA told me they are in extremely limited supply and that - in this DC store anyway - they don't move very well.

I was always interested in that suit, but I sure as heck wasn't going to buy one without trying it on. So I never took the plunge. Bought Ralph Lauren Black Label instead (and probably should have done so regardless - great suits).

very different look between RLBL and this one.

I think there would be more people buying Milano cut if they actually bothered to advertise it..., I mean I didn't know about it until I randomly checked BB site one day.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
very different look between RLBL and this one.

How so? I don't doubt you, but I'm curious having never actually SEEN a Milano suit on a real, live person outside of the BB website.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
How so? I don't doubt you, but I'm curious having never actually SEEN a Milano suit on a real, live person outside of the BB website.

I wear 38 in RLBL and 36 in Milano, so might not be an entirely fair comparison on how things fits as far as pants and waist suppression on jacket, now after saying that I would say.

1. RLBL has a very strong padded shoulder, Milano's shoulder feels very little to no padding
2. Waist suppression, I wear 36 in Milano and that's more suppressed than a RLBL 38 but less than a RLBL36
3. Pants, the BB pants is actually tighter, though again not quite fair since I am taking RLBL38 then take in the waist to about true 30.5 (they advertise drop 7 on the trouser, but don't think it was ever 31 on RLBL trouser for 38 suit in reality)
4. Visually RLBL has a stronger chest and the buttoning point cuts lower

ak622

Reaction score
The one I picked up was dark gray
laugh.gif
though you should call them to check.

damn you!! haha jk.. I might just stop by on the weekend to see what they have. Its surprsing because the BB closest to my office doesn't have any signs that say they're having a sale on suits.. just the old Winter clearance signs.

jtheory

Reaction score
I'm getting the impression that i shouldn't buy BB becaues it still cuts too big. I couldn't find a thread for this question but does anyone know how the BB Black Fleece suits fit? I see that in the pictures the suits cut straight down and not tapered at all. what's up with that?

oaw01

Reaction score
I wear 38 in RLBL and 36 in Milano, so might not be an entirely fair comparison on how things fits as far as pants and waist suppression on jacket, now after saying that I would say.

1. RLBL has a very strong padded shoulder, Milano's shoulder feels very little to no padding
2. Waist suppression, I wear 36 in Milano and that's more suppressed than a RLBL 38 but less than a RLBL36
3. Pants, the BB pants is actually tighter, though again not quite fair since I am taking RLBL38 then take in the waist to about true 30.5 (they advertise drop 7 on the trouser, but don't think it was ever 31 on RLBL trouser for 38 suit in reality)
4. Visually RLBL has a stronger chest and the buttoning point cuts lower

I wear a RLBL 38. I tried on 38 Milano and it was too tight. The 39 felt better however the waist was too loose on the 39

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you people do realize you have to tailor suits correct?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jtheory
I'm getting the impression that i shouldn't buy BB becaues it still cuts too big. I couldn't find a thread for this question but does anyone know how the BB Black Fleece suits fit? I see that in the pictures the suits cut straight down and not tapered at all. what's up with that?

BBBF is cut like a box... its thome browne after all

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I wear a RLBL 38. I tried on 38 Milano and it was too tight. The 39 felt better however the waist was too loose on the 39

your shoulder is probably wider than me
eh.gif
? or your guts is bigger than my
laugh.gif

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jtheory

try Fitz and Milano, decent waist suppression, and you can always take in anyway..., wouldn't go for Madison though, more due to where the arm hole is than anything

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
BBBF is cut like a box... its thome browne after all

To me BBBF works if your leg are pretty long compare to your upper body, unfortunatelly not the case for me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ak622
damn you!! haha jk.. I might just stop by on the weekend to see what they have. Its surprsing because the BB closest to my office doesn't have any signs that say they're having a sale on suits.. just the old Winter clearance signs.

dumb question, what's the difference between sale and winter clearance if they both have mark down anyway?

ak622

Reaction score
dumb question, what's the difference between sale and winter clearance if they both have mark down anyway?

I just took a quick look inside before and didn't see any sale on the suits that's all. Or maybe I didn't look closely enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads