1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

BB Milano vs Fitzgerald suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blacklabel, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ak622

ak622 Member

The one I picked up was dark gray[​IMG] though you should call them to check.

damn you!! haha jk.. I might just stop by on the weekend to see what they have. Its surprsing because the BB closest to my office doesn't have any signs that say they're having a sale on suits.. just the old Winter clearance signs.

2. jtheory

jtheory Member

I'm getting the impression that i shouldn't buy BB becaues it still cuts too big. I couldn't find a thread for this question but does anyone know how the BB Black Fleece suits fit? I see that in the pictures the suits cut straight down and not tapered at all. what's up with that?

3. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

I wear 38 in RLBL and 36 in Milano, so might not be an entirely fair comparison on how things fits as far as pants and waist suppression on jacket, now after saying that I would say.

1. RLBL has a very strong padded shoulder, Milano's shoulder feels very little to no padding
    2. Waist suppression, I wear 36 in Milano and that's more suppressed than a RLBL 38 but less than a RLBL36
    3. Pants, the BB pants is actually tighter, though again not quite fair since I am taking RLBL38 then take in the waist to about true 30.5 (they advertise drop 7 on the trouser, but don't think it was ever 31 on RLBL trouser for 38 suit in reality)
    4. Visually RLBL has a stronger chest and the buttoning point cuts lower

I wear a RLBL 38. I tried on 38 Milano and it was too tight. The 39 felt better however the waist was too loose on the 39

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

you people do realize you have to tailor suits correct?

5. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I'm getting the impression that i shouldn't buy BB becaues it still cuts too big. I couldn't find a thread for this question but does anyone know how the BB Black Fleece suits fit? I see that in the pictures the suits cut straight down and not tapered at all. what's up with that?

BBBF is cut like a box... its thome browne after all

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I wear a RLBL 38. I tried on 38 Milano and it was too tight. The 39 felt better however the waist was too loose on the 39

your shoulder is probably wider than me [​IMG] ? or your guts is bigger than my[​IMG] ...

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

try Fitz and Milano, decent waist suppression, and you can always take in anyway..., wouldn't go for Madison though, more due to where the arm hole is than anything

8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

BBBF is cut like a box... its thome browne after all

To me BBBF works if your leg are pretty long compare to your upper body, unfortunatelly not the case for me.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

damn you!! haha jk.. I might just stop by on the weekend to see what they have. Its surprsing because the BB closest to my office doesn't have any signs that say they're having a sale on suits.. just the old Winter clearance signs.

dumb question, what's the difference between sale and winter clearance if they both have mark down anyway?

10. ak622

ak622 Member

dumb question, what's the difference between sale and winter clearance if they both have mark down anyway?

I just took a quick look inside before and didn't see any sale on the suits that's all. Or maybe I didn't look closely enough.

11. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

It says the Milano suits are made in Italy. Does anyone know the manufacturer and whether they are half or fully canvassed?

I don't understand why their only solid two-button suit in this line is black and a charcoal flannel.

12. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

So I decided to email BB and ask if they plan to have their two-button Milano suit in any solid color other than Black. They replied and said no. This is very disappointing. It seems like the only solid color you can get in a Milano is going to be grey flannel and black.

13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

It says the Milano suits are made in Italy. Does anyone know the manufacturer and whether they are half or fully canvassed?

I don't understand why their only solid two-button suit in this line is black and a charcoal flannel.

Manufacture, no idea. Half canvassed. The charcoal grey is not heavy duty winter flannel, I would say close to 3 season, you should check it out.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

So I decided to email BB and ask if they plan to have their two-button Milano suit in any solid color other than Black. They replied and said no. This is very disappointing. It seems like the only solid color you can get in a Milano is going to be grey flannel and black.

Honestly I think Navy Pinstripe is pretty stable. That was my first suit[​IMG] I think you can kind ignore what BB says, they might change their mind by next season anyway...

Also the 3 roll to 2 looks good

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...uct_Id=1534977

might just find an alternative to my Polo II from PRL

15. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Manufacture, no idea. Half canvassed. The charcoal grey is not heavy duty winter flannel, I would say close to 3 season, you should check it out.

Thanks, that's good to know since I would prefer a solid charcoal suit. Hopefully my size becomes available.

16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Thanks, that's good to know since I would prefer a solid charcoal suit. Hopefully my size becomes available.

definitely look it in person though, some people just prefer finer wool in general no matter what

17. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

After losing 30 lbs and down one or two sizing, I am in the process of replacing my suits and sport coats/blazers...

Noticed this morning that BB has expanded their Milano suit offering (they even have a solid Navy.)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...ction_size=&section_color=&sortby=newArrivals

Recently I tried on Regent and like the fit; just wondering if someone can share how Milano fits with respect to Regent.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  18. chriskl

chriskl Well-Known Member

Agree, I'd be interested in the Regent vs. Milano fit as well.

19. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

^^ IMO/IME, Regent is a great fit if you have a broader shoulder....and the suiting trousers seems to be a little tapered vs the Fitz. I wear 40S for Fitz as well......Milano is just a tad tight to my liking because I am fat (32 waist) ...great if you are really skinny

20. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I wish I had known this years ago.l I dismissed the Regent without looking into in since I didn't think about shoulder fit versus the fitzgerald.