• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Milano vs Fitzgerald suit

blacklabel

Reaction score
Can someone comment on the fit of these two suits?

On a separate note: does anyone know how much the BB's black friday sale will be this year?

junior varsity

Reaction score
milano line isnt an established line according to BB sales rep
they have no stock

rlx

Reaction score
There are Milano suits on the BB web site.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junior varsity
milano line isnt an established line according to BB sales rep
they have no stock

While my local BB store carries nothing Milano, I'm not sure what you mean by this. I definitely own a few pairs of Milano fit pants which I ordered online.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeahh....don't think Milano suits exist. Although, I wish they did!
bounce2.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whaaaa? Didn't know that. I thought milano was a new cut for odd trousers.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They call it their slimmest suit, so I guess it's slimmer than the Fitz. Other than that it has side vents, while Fitz has center. Both have flat front pants. It looks to me like the lapels are a bit wider than the Fitz, but I don't know for sure.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Anyone tried on a Milano suit? Not near a BB myself, and am curious/interested...

EZ

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just bought a Milano (1818, no GF in this cut that I can see) from the Madison store when I was in NYC (40% to 50% off?), never bought Fitzgerald, but just base on trying both in store (in the 36R/36S range for both Milano and Fitzgerald), I would say

1. Milano pants are definitely slimmer than Fitzgerald, like ball busting slim, had to let out a bit
2. All the Fitzgerald I looked at were center vent, and all the Milano I saw were side vent
3. Jacket is a bit shorter, but not by much, definitely more waist suppression, but again not excessive (would say waist suppresion is in between 36 and 38 RLBL)
4. Didn't compare the lapel size between the 2, but the ones on Milano is small for sure, not BBBF kind of small, but small nontheless

Would be interesting if someone compare this to the mad men edition (doesn't exist anymore I assume?), would guess Milano and Mad Men Edition are very similar

For reference I am between 5'7", 5'8" and weight about 145lb. I wear RLBL in 38S with a bit waist take in on the jacket, and defintiely waist take in on the pant. For Polo RL, I am a 36S on Polo II and Bradford/Garrison cut (need to take the jacket in on Polo II, fine as it is on Bradford/Garrison). For RLPL, I can wear 38S Custom fit with quite a bit alteration (jacket take in, shoulder might just be barely ok), and 36S in regular RLPL if I ever find one... For RL Signature I can take 38S with quite a lot work (jacket take in on the side and center), would definitely prefer if I can find RL Signature in 36S. Isaia is 36 on Base S, never tried Base G, so might be 36 or 38 not sure.

* Any above the ones in "R" is kind of fine as well as long as the jacket is not too long (i.e. I don't have to cut more than a inch off the jacket)

I bought this Milano as 36R and still debating whether to cut the jacket a bit shorter (like quarter to half inch) or not.

p.s. on the BB website they have double breast for Milano, but didn't see it in the store (or just wasn't on sale) so didn't try it, would definitely appreciate if anyone has input

Arethusa406

Reaction score
I tried on an 1818 Milano cut suit at the 346 Madison Avenue store. It's a nice cut for a slim guy. Note that the shoulders are very soft. No real padding on them. I've usually gone to the Regent cut for the natural shoulder look, but the Milano is the new standard at Brooks for that. Who knows if Milano will stick around, though. Stock is very limited right now. And the SA I spoke with indicated that it was in some sort of trial period. We'll see how it goes. I'd like to see more of a selection in Milano cut. I'd be very interested in Golden Fleece and MTM.

ak622

Reaction score
clee: do you know how long the sale on the Milano/Fitz suits is going on for? Last time i went to the Madison store, I don't believe they had the Milano in 36S when I was looking so I didn't have a chance to try it. I think it might be what I'm looking for.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ak622
clee: do you know how long the sale on the Milano/Fitz suits is going on for? Last time i went to the Madison store, I don't believe they had the Milano in 36S when I was looking so I didn't have a chance to try it. I think it might be what I'm looking for.

It was still going on when I picked up my suit last Friday. Though no 36S in Milano (that's why I got 36R), some 36S in Fitz, but not a lot either. The 36R and 36S is not that different in length if you ask me, and I think BB charges you about 50 for shorten jacket length.

ak622

Reaction score
Thanks clee! When I went in December they didn't have many 36S in the Fitz and the SA didn't mention the Milano 36R when I was there. I guess they didn't have any at that time.. I did order a navy during the post christmas sale but wouldn't mind picking up another in gray if it was at a good price.

Originally Posted by clee1982
It was still going on when I picked up my suit last Friday. Though no 36S in Milano (that's why I got 36R), some 36S in Fitz, but not a lot either. The 36R and 36S is not that different in length if you ask me, and I think BB charges you about 50 for shorten jacket length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads