• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^interesting

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Spring1.JPG

100% great. Love all aspects of this fit, esp. the shoe choice.
Originally Posted by acridsheep
At your best, you are on equal footing as O/O when it comes to colors and patterns. This is you at your best. That said, though I think it's been discussed before, many of your jackets seem long. I have a hunch it is the camera angling.
Whatever it is, it seems unlikely to change anytime soon. However, I will say this, even I thought it was a touch excessive with the dark grey windowpane odd jacket today when I saw the photos and will probably rotate that particular jacket out at some point over this year. I'm probably going to get a new dark grey casual suit for next autumn, with a pattern that I can wear either as an odd jacket or a full suit. Once I get that, the jacket I wore today will be sold. (/hears cheers in the background!) And thank you for the o/o comparison. BTW, your Aldens today are probably the first pair of Aldens I've seen that I can see myself wearing. Very nice indeed.
Originally Posted by NOBD
HArxv.jpg

This is you at your best, I think. Chilled-out, but smart with it. Brave of you to post it in the conservative business dress thread too, though.
wink.gif
Originally Posted by niidawg3
525c354b.jpg
[/SPOILER]

A similar look to Mike's, though executed with a different cut/details. I like this one too.
Originally Posted by LilacCords
PURPLE1-1.jpg
Have a great weekend....
Would like this more with brown instead of baby blue shoes/belt. A good weekend to you too!

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
The morning mist burnt through to a nice spring day:

20110325_main.jpg

Looks like your suit jacket's pocket are tired from not getting enough sleep, they looked lazy. With all respect, cool picture sir.
smile.gif

JKMWCL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Looks like your suit jacket's pocket are tired from not getting enough sleep, they looked lazy. With all respect, cool picture sir.
smile.gif

I have to agree...each piece is fantastic...especially that tie
drool.gif
However, something about the slanted pocket / single button combo creates the illusion of a bulge in the stomach area. That said, it could just be the stance...I LOVE every single piece.

LilacCords You got some sartorial ballz about ye. Somehow, it works for you here.....until you get to your feet...especially the shoes.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
This is you at your best, I think. Chilled-out, but smart with it.

Brave of you to post it in the conservative business dress thread too, though.
wink.gif

Thanks, HF. That's a kind description.

smile.gif
I don't have many opportunities to post in that thread, and I wanted to sneak in a spring look with suede shoes...

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Mike's quote, "These pants came hemmed to a proper length, and I have not decided if I should leave well enough alone, or cuff. " Funny you should say that, I was thinking, "What no cuffs on Mike's pants!" My tailor kind of discouraged cuffs saying they can make one seem shorter and squattier. I am 5'10" with a slenderish build so I don't think that isn't much of an issue for me, but I feel it depends on the particular trousers/slacks for me. I like yours the way they are, also love the shoes.
worship.gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
ndw: Howard Yount linen.

Thanks... Very nice.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
The morning mist burnt through to a nice spring day:

20110325_main.jpg

^Beautiful photo. Love the color palette. Especially the tie.

Originally Posted by LilacCords

PURPLE1-1.jpg

Have a great weekend.....

^That's big pimpin.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont really agree with the idea that cuffs make someone look shorter. They certainly improve the look a 'light break' creates and makes the pant seem finished to me.

ndw

Reaction score
No spring fit for me. Its 35. It was 70 yesterday morning
ffffuuuu.gif

Trying to get a little more wear out of the winter digs.

hLpZQ.jpg

Panta raw silk tie is all
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

pxoeR.jpg
ikobU.jpg

inlandisland

Reaction score
Spring Fever...
Setting the self timer... oops... Better than planned, except for the baby handprints all over the mirror...
Spring_full_01.jpg

Break time...
Spring_sit_03a.jpg

Deets:
Spring_deet_01.jpg

Spring_shoes_01.jpg

Hmmmm... SF will probably tell me that the pattern in the tie and shirt are too close in scale... Maybe a sockless, knit tie alternate will improve my odds...
Spring_sit_02a.jpg

Alternate deets:
Spring_deet_03.jpg

Have a great spring everyone!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inlandisland
Spring_full_01.jpg

Great photo; full of amusing whimsy with the way the flowers just float off above your head.
laugh.gif

Hmmmm... SF will probably tell me that the pattern in the tie and shirt are too close in scale...
Funny, because that was exactly what I was thinking while scrolling down, and then read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads