• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luggage for weekend trips

nurium

Reaction score
Really liking the Lotuff & Clegg duffel. Contemplating between the 'chocolate' and 'tan' and leaning towards the former. Has anyone seen either of the two in real life?

Duffle-Chocolate-34-Front__46324_zoom.jpg

Duffle-Tan-34-Front__98221_zoom.jpg

Sazerac

Reaction score
I really like the Lotuff & Clegg duffel shown above in principle. Looks durable as hell. That said, I keep going back to something an old girlfriend of mine would say in Spanish: no tiene chiste. There's just something so bland about it, like there's no personality, no sprezz. Everything's there, it's just that in terms of looks is sort of meh.

Agatha Crusty

Reaction score
It's hardly 'meh'. It looks like a simple sort of Gladstone bag or doctor's bag. The more bits and pieces hanging from a bag, the sillier and cheaper it tends to look.
By far it's one of the only all-leather ones yet recommended that doesn't look like a ladies' handbag.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much on/into an overnight/weekend bag particularly if I'm flying unless it's on a private jet. What counts is what you put into it and subsequently on. RLPL has some awesome looking ones but guns aren't allowed on planes from what I hear. YMMV.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you're going to go as flashy as LV, might as well save some coin and go for something a little more esoteric. I've been a long time fan of the Alviero Martini Geo-Print stuff:
C%208843_72D2_M.jpg
It's similar canvas to the LV, with calf leather details. They are good quality as well.

emptym

Reaction score
I love Glaser bags, but I'd get the square duffel over that one.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
I really like the Lotuff & Clegg duffel shown above in principle. Looks durable as hell. That said, I keep going back to something an old girlfriend of mine would say in Spanish: no tiene chiste. There's just something so bland about it, like there's no personality, no sprezz. Everything's there, it's just that in terms of looks is sort of meh.

Love the Lotuff & Clegg bags too...I think the personality comes from the use and age. I'm thinking of buying the large Tan CarryAll. I prefer the darker leather but since the lighter color darkens with age and develops patina, the lighter tan should be perfect.
CarryAll-Tan-34-Front__84582_zoom.jpg

_ABB_

Reaction score
I love these leather bags, my only concern is that flights fill up quickly these days and often times you have the check your luggage last minute. Would be a shame to have to put this below.

Does anyone know of a leather and canvas weekender?

Ike

Reaction score
Sorry, a bit big - linked directly. I'll do my obligatory JW Hulme nod.
JW Hulme:
50119-2.jpg

Duluth Pack also makes some great, cheaper canvas/canvas & leather options. Frost River (frostriver.com) is owned by them, and is basically similar designs with the same warranty, but w/o their ridiculous upcharge for waxed canvas.

Frost River:
806lg.gif

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Hello,

Apologies for reposting the same information from another thread, but you might be interested in these.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to travel East. This design is ripped all over the place. I saw an identical bag in Malaysia a few months ago on the street.

Originally Posted by 330CK
If you're going to go as flashy as LV, might as well save some coin and go for something a little more esoteric. I've been a long time fan of the Alviero Martini Geo-Print stuff:

C%208843_72D2_M.jpg

It's similar canvas to the LV, with calf leather details. They are good quality as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads