• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ofdh6q.jpg
Meant to add this to my earlier post - I like this a lot. I wish I had the sack to try **** like this out, but alas, I do not.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKMWCL

Clarinetplayer - jacket looks a little too large IMHO. Also, drop the clarinet and pick up the jazz flute.
biggrin.gif

Ha, ha! Bach was the greatest "jazzer" of all time! Regarding the coat fit...running, TRX, and kettlebell have created a clothing dilemma. Everything is too large.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orgetorix - I agree with someone else's comment on the tie - a better match would take this up a few notches. In full candor, I sported much the same look earlier this week and was wholely dissatisfied with the tie... my second thoughts on the tie are now confirmed.

I think Mike's comment was directed at Holdfast, but I'll take what you say under consideration.
smile.gif

JKMWCL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Ha, ha! Bach was the greatest "jazzer" of all time! Regarding the coat fit...running, TRX, and kettlebell have created a clothing dilemma. Everything is too large.

Nice! Clothing dilemmas in that direction are usually a welcomed "problem." Congrats!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Awesome look, Mike:

Thanks.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
If you told me to go in to your closet and pick you out something to wear, after I punched you in the face for asking me to do something so foppish, I would pick out this. Nicely done, Mike. You are very creative with fabrics.

Thank you, sir.

MBreinin - lovely. You're making me second guess my aversion to DB....very well done.

DBs rule, my man!

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I think Mike's comment was directed at Holdfast, but I'll take what you say under consideration.
smile.gif

It was.

Mike

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
I like the fit, but man those shoulders are rigid. I have an irresistible urge to salute you!

From what I understand from my tailor, the shoulder construction on my suit is fairly conventional British style - at least, as offered by Henry Poole where his father trained and from he learned his craft. Accordingly, you may salute!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
It is a nice suit, from what I can tell, J. I take it this is not the same suit as the other DB from Field that you featured a little while ago. I am not a fan of the tie and I wish I could see the suit better.

Same suit, different camera, and poorer photographer. More pics will come next week when the suits is trotted out again. Hopefully, I will have mastered this damn camera by then.

Originally Posted by barims
Do you get John Slattery comparisons often?

Yes, occasionally. Mike has urged me to go full-Slattery on the style front and abandon the fashion-forward Ralph Lauren Black Labels that I wear for the most part. It's in the cards; all suits from here-on-out will be Field suits, but the finances preclude more than a couple a year.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-post sorry, first got buried i was hoping for some feedback, thanks guys.

Originally Posted by in stitches
FRIDAY CHALLENGE

This one's for you Mr. Spoo.

But first a few disclaimers.

1. I'm a rookie so my "A" game may be more of a "C-" game, please don't hold it against me. It's my first MTM so I think it fits best of all the suits I have.

2. Manton, before you even start, I do not own any decent shoes with laces. I blew my load on these Zegna Couture loafers before I knew enough about shoes. Untill I can afford another pair this is what I am working with.

3. Whnay, I'm not a big photo guy my only camera that can upload is my phone. Too add, my wife can only handle taking so many photos that all look the same to her, she is still getting used to my affair with SF. Please therefore forgive the photo quality.

4. For some reason, maybe the way I'm standing the jacket sleeves seem to look a tad longer than they are IRL.

5. I am including some fit pics and some close ups that better represent the true colors of the items. Per the advise of a certain member here I did not wear a PS, but I put some pics of it in as I would like to know if you guys think it's a good look with this outfit.

So, Mr. Spoo if you think these are up to snuff please include them in the challenge, if not hopefully it will be worth the post for the feedback. Cheers.

2011-03-16_23-14-51_899.jpg

2011-03-16_23-18-35_482.jpg

2011-03-16_23-13-56_399.jpg

2011-03-13_23-03-15_103.jpg

2011-03-13_23-04-34_780.jpg

yes spoo i saw yours thanks
inlove.gif

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Suit looks good, stitches. Your disclaimers de-ball most of my criticisms.

I wouldn't use that PS with this suit, so good call on not including it. For me, the patterned tie and chalk stripe suit call for a simple PS (white linen or something).

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meant to add this to my earlier post - I like this a lot. I wish I had the sack to try **** like this out, but alas, I do not.

Thank you

Truth be told, even I can recognise the differences between the ensemble you like and the one you did not - the underlying factor being that one was thrown together and the other was more considered. The fact that the older one was professionally captured does help, also

I really miss those grey striped slacks

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
The weather decided to get warm all of a sudden, making the fit I was going to do unwearable. So I decided to enlist Fred's help again, since he brought good luck last time.

Despite the celebrity DTO nature of the fit, it actually fits my style to a tee and is probably the best example of my warm-weather fits.

ADSCF7349-Copy.jpg

once again, freddy would be proud

Originally Posted by aeglus
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).

tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab

AWESOME, especially the tie-shoe combo

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
*also debuting a new suit
biggrin.gif

2b320f51.jpg

very nice, maker on the suit?​

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To much of this...

has led to a tragic lack of ability today...will try again later!
so far this is all I can see as worth posting...
tumblr_li9e9dWiDk1qe4lo2

-TTO

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Suit looks good, stitches. Your disclaimers de-ball most of my criticisms. I wouldn't use that PS with this suit, so good call on not including it. For me, the patterned tie and chalk stripe suit call for a simple PS (white linen or something).
This is all cogent, although I think a light grey linen PS would be fun And TTO, very foolhardy of you to go out into today's rain. At present, I refuse to go outdoors at all (much as I really would like to arrange some tailored alterations)

Chico2007

Reaction score
Inspired by recent Spoopoker fit, here is my poor man's version: Taking wifey out for steak dinner tonight, which one gets me more/better sechs (if any)? Would prefer/settle for **, should I try diff fit?
5mzc9.jpg
27zah6x.jpg
27zi4q8.jpg
SC : Jos.A Banks thrifted $8.99 Shirt: J.Crew final sale $29.99 (over paid) Tie:Nautica clearance $12.99 PS:3 for $9.99 pack at Macys Pants: Banana R clearance $29.99 Shoes: Ken Cole monx bought 15yrs ago maybe $60 Watch: Orvis (gift from Mom&Dad

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
looks like my entry got buried i was hoping for some feedback, thanks
The trousers look to be on the long side. The jacket also seems a bit wide around the torso and waist. I'll take your word on the sleeves, but I agree that they do seem long on camera. Also, I know you didn't wear the square, but you asked for feedback on it, so let me say, I think the pocket square seems to be at odds with the tie. The tie is a light and airy spring affair but the pocket square is definitely a heavy autumn. Individually, I think they're both nice pieces. I just don't think they work very well together.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
^ You don't speak it, the Japanese?

Well, neither do I, but the answer to your question is "yes", either way

Not a word (well, maybe a few, but this one didn't ring a bell). I had the same one"”good stuff. Mine died after eating too much "building dust" during a renovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads