• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the last chance I will have to bust this out this season. Of course, when I am in the "Raise the Bar Challenge," my sleeve gets all torqued out of whack.
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh well, here it is.

Mike

BarChallenge2.JPG

BarChallenge1.JPG

BarChallenge3.JPG

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marlboroman
Love the boots! What are they?

Made by Alfred Sargent for a well known Atlanta men's store. Though they have been in business only three years or so, many (including myself) would call it the best men's clothing store in the country.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a2.jpg
clarinetplayer49
a3-1.jpg
a6.jpg
En route for a day of evaluating performances of Bach 2 and 3 part Inventions.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
FRIDAY CHALLENGE
VNEw4.jpg

edit: Opinions on my new tie above? Got it today, not sure if it's too busy but I like the pattern. From afar it looks pretty cool, imo.

I find it busy. But that's just my hypocritical opinion (I own more than my fair share of busy ties).
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Acridsheep will dislike the amount of bling.
IMGP0255480x1280.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You are wrong. You are BlingKing. If you didn't wear it today I would be pissed. On Monday, I will resume poking you for it.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
sSe3i.jpg
[/SPOILER]

The cufflinks stretch the triple into a home run. Nice job HF.
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
The weather decided to get warm all of a sudden, making the fit I was going to do unwearable. So I decided to enlist Fred's help again, since he brought good luck last time.
ADSCF7349-Copy.jpg
DSCF7353.jpg
DSCF7339.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I recall you saying, at some point, that pairing odd trousers and jackets was very difficult. You are working hard at disproving this. Well played, sir.
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie.
NlwK6h.jpg
PkHgph.jpg
Bonus - a couple of "fit" shots;
5YjVeh.jpg
q3mqVh.jpg

I like the fit, but man those shoulders are rigid. I have an irresistible urge to salute you!
Originally Posted by aeglus
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).
tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab
tumblr_li99wxj0pc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_li99yzB6YI1qcq3ab
tumblr_li9a1cT7Fi1qcq3ab
Pure, unadulterated win.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me. *also debuting a new suit
biggrin.gif
2b320f51.jpg
7d2ab457.jpg
874322b4.jpg
Love, and hate. Love the fit. Hate that it's on you and not me.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Probably the last chance I will have to bust this out this season. Of course, when I am in the "Raise the Bar Challenge," my sleeve gets all torqued out of whack.
ffffuuuu.gif
Oh well, here it is. Mike
BarChallenge2.JPG
BarChallenge1.JPG
BarChallenge3.JPG
If you told me to go in to your closet and pick you out something to wear, after I punched you in the face for asking me to do something so foppish, I would pick out this. Nicely done, Mike. You are very creative with fabrics.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie.

NlwK6h.jpg

PkHgph.jpg

Bonus - a couple of "fit" shots;

5YjVeh.jpg

q3mqVh.jpg

It is a nice suit, from what I can tell, J. I take it this is not the same suit as the other DB from Field that you featured a little while ago. I am not a fan of the tie and I wish I could see the suit better.

Originally Posted by aeglus
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).

tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab
tumblr_li99wxj0pc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_li99yzB6YI1qcq3ab

tumblr_li9a1cT7Fi1qcq3ab
[/spoiler]

A bold statement, especially with those shoes.

Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
*also debuting a new suit
biggrin.gif

2b320f51.jpg

7d2ab457.jpg

874322b4.jpg

This is pandering, Spoo. YOU are a FU 3 piece with peaked lapels. This is conservative business dress.
lol8[1].gif

Still, I am going to say that I really like this suit and the entire fit. I can't figure out why you are debuting what appears to be a heavy flannel suit in the second half of March, but I know how it goes with acquisitions.!

Originally Posted by acridsheep
Bottom left captures the essence of acridsheep:

as_318_nevergonnawin.jpg

I was digging this very much.....until I saw the shoes. Let me get this straight. This is a brown suit, and those shoes are black, correct? Oh, and I think cuffs and less break would be an improvement.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
^ Mike: That suit is
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Wrong. Charcoal suit, with black shoes.

Oh, you should rework these pics and get the charcoal to come out. It looks brown. So, with that said. My favorite from you, in all likelihood.

Cool dog too.
smile.gif

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I haven't found my Gold Standard/A Game yet I'll sit this one out in jeans and tweed
smile.gif

Tweedy_031811_01.jpg

Tweedy_031811_02.jpg

Tweedy_031811_03.jpg

Tweedy_031811_04.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Wrong. Charcoal suit, with black shoes.
Nice set of pics, especially the one with your dog. The suit looks black on my monitor, but I liked the combo nonetheless even before you mentioned it's charcoal.

JKMWCL

Reaction score
Bunch of nice entries today! Fits are looking great.

aeglus - you might take the show - VERY nice...the tie (at least to me) is unexpectedly perfect here. It would be a task to see that tie on a display table and have it harken up the thought of this suit but, damn, it is a money collaboration.
cheers.gif

Orgetorix - I agree with someone else's comment on the tie - a better match would take this up a few notches. In full candor, I sported much the same look earlier this week and was wholely dissatisfied with the tie... my second thoughts on the tie are now confirmed.

Spoo - love the new suit and fit.

Acridsheep - well done except pant length, but next time, get a bigger dog.
sarcasm.gif

MBreinin - lovely. You're making me second guess my aversion to DB....very well done.

Clarinetplayer - jacket looks a little too large IMHO. Also, drop the clarinet and pick up the jazz flute.
biggrin.gif

PandArts - I would suggst skipping the cardigan next time...looks like a deep dive but short in the waist....could just be the pics though.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is pandering, Spoo. YOU are a FU 3 piece with peaked lapels. This is conservative business dress.
lol8[1].gif

Still, I am going to say that I really like this suit and the entire fit. I can't figure out why you are debuting what appears to be a heavy flannel suit in the second half of March, but I know how it goes with acquisitions.!

smile.gif

I was of course going to take out the TF again, but I feel like I wear that every challenge. I wanted to try another one. I feel this is very me - the fit, purple friggin pinstripes! A wild-ish PS, charvet tie, and my favorite Gazianos. It is not too hot for flannel here today so far, but yeah, just got it back from the tailor and wanted to get it in before the season ended.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you get John Slattery comparisons often?

Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Also, for what it's worth, you are usually stronger at suiting

Bam! Awesomeness from Barims.

I'm touched

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKMWCL
PandArts - I would suggst skipping the cardigan next time...looks like a deep dive but short in the waist....could just be the pics though.

Thanks for the feedback. It's actually a waistcoat in navy pinstripe wool but sort of hard to see in the photos
confused.gif

Here's a slightly better shot of it:
Tweedy_031811_04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads