• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do girls like guys wearing?

stylebeast

Reaction score
What kind of clothes/styles do girls like guys dressing in? Do girls even like guys into fashion?
I know some said it is a turn off when guys care too much about those things

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, they might say they don't
400_jgosselin_090621_tommeinelt-jasonwinslow_spl108264_001.0.0.0x0.400x400.jpg

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in reality, girls don't know what they want.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want to know what girls like and you ask a board full of maladjusted dudes?

Nezero

Reaction score
Actually cb_32 is correct.
Girls don't even know what they want.

It depends on what girls YOU like.
Generally speaking don't think some Glamazon would like a guy to be looking at a indie hipster kid.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A large wad of cash.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nezero
Actually cb_32 is correct.
Girls don't even know what they want.

It depends on what girls YOU like.
Generally speaking don't think some Glamazon would like a guy to be looking at a indie hipster kid.

like some of them will say "i want a guy with good style"

but they can't describe what "good style" entails.
laugh.gif

diamonds

Reaction score
it doesn't matter... most girls have ****** taste anyways.

wear what you're comfortable, don't try to look how someone else wants you to look.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32

+1.

Some guys have gals who think they know something about dressing men. If they're hooked up with guys who don't know how to dress, they'll come off as really knowledgeable and truly concerned about the appearance of their men. If they're hooked up with guys who do know how to dress, they'll come off as trying to guilt bait you into wearing something that doesn't match your coloring or personality or the style of the other clothes intended to be worn with it. Women like their men to be well dressed, but with something noticeably wrong (as if they were dressed by women), so that other women know that they're taken. This always backfires. Women are naturally jealous and competitive. If a woman thinks that another woman can manipulate you, she knows in her heart that she can ***** whip you much better. But then, the point of dressing, for women, is to one-up other women. Your woman will try to dress you so as to rub it in the face of her gfs that she owns you.

Edit: BTW, the point of dressing down (for both women and men) is to try to punk everyone else into dressing even sloppier. Then the alpha pulls out his or her electronic gadget or wristblingwatch or what-have-you, and the followers all look like idiots.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Women are naturally jealous and competitive. If a woman thinks that another woman can manipulate you, she knows in her heart that she can ***** whip you much better. But then, the point of dressing, for women, is to one-up other women. Your woman will try to dress you so as to rub it in the face of her gfs that she owns you. Edit: BTW, the point of dressing down (for both women and men) is to try to punk everyone else into dressing even sloppier. Then the alpha pulls out his or her electronic gadget or wristblingwatch or what-have-you, and the followers all look like idiots.
You guys are ******* sexist idiots. OP, the real answer to this question is that there is no answer. There are girls into buff dudes, indie kids, glam androgynes, average dudes, big dudes with beards ... there is little point in trying to tailor yourself to the tastes of women because those tastes are incredibly diverse. As much as I'm made fun of on this board for looking like a girl, I've never had any issue finding girls who find me attractive. Just dress the way you want to dress and you'll eventually find someone who likes it.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You guys are ******* sexist idiots.

OP, the real answer to this question is that there is no answer. There are girls into buff dudes, indie kids, glam androgynes, average dudes, big dudes with beards ... there is little point in trying to tailor yourself to the tastes of women because those tastes are incredibly diverse. As much as I'm made fun of on this board for looking like a girl, I've never had any issue finding girls who find me attractive. Just dress the way you want to dress and you'll eventually find someone who likes it.

fixed that for you, for real. (0)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics