• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Lol, I am not a good person.
I don't think that one bit!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"I'm sorry, but it's true. When you bitches stop judging me for the size of my wallet I'll stop judging you for the number of revolutions around the ******* sun that you've survived, okay?"

Lol, I am not a good person.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Don't get too sweet. You're supposed to be filling in the fun while her boyfriend covers her emotionally. You lose your interest if you don't provide what he isn't. The acting a little nicer is just to get her loosen up...The key is generating the sense of security while not turning yourself in to the gay friend.

made my day lol Thanks, I will keep that in mind the for the next guy.

I suppose this is going to be our thread for women related issues, so I shall post.

There is this girl in my history class, she seems interesting and is cute, only problem is that this other guy is talking to her. I am not sure if its her boyfriend or just a friend but at the beginning of the semester I dont remember her talking to her. I saw them study once and I see them talk after class now, he waits for her and vice versa.

I know that I dress better than this guy and am more built than this guy, and in my opinion I am more pleasing to the aesthetic. but he jumped on her ass before I got a chance, well before I tried.

How should I approach her? I have come to accept that I am a bit timid sometimes and other tiems, i.e. when in uniform, with friends, I grow a pair all of a sudden.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
I know that I dress better than this guy and am more built than this guy, and in my opinion I am more pleasing to the aesthetic. but he jumped on her ass before I got a chance, well before I tried.

How should I approach her? I have come to accept that I am a bit timid sometimes and other tiems, i.e. when in uniform, with friends, I grow a pair all of a sudden.

Have you considered shooting pool alone?

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
eventually those women get married and then it becomes awkward.
It is possible I suppose. None of my close friends of my age are married yet, but at 25 quite a few of them are with people they expect to marry and I am still close friends with the female part of the couple without it being a problem. Maybe this will change but I really hope not.
Originally Posted by Unjung
Why would anyone choose not to be friends with someone just because they have different parts between their legs?
This, basically. Your experience sounds pretty similar to mine.

olualbert

Reaction score
I just find it absolutely ludicrous that during your drunking engagement, it never occured to you that she just needed a good f--k without strings attached. Im appalled to the fact that this girl went to your house drinking wine and you did not intiate sex. What a f--king waste of time.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
your passive aggressiveness is quite cute.

Look, I could give 2 ***** about my "e cred". As you can see I don't post here all that much by my post count. I come here like everyone else, to get my game together when it comes to clothes. Everyone brings something different to the table, some people are good with money, some are good with food like that dude in the food thread with all the pictures that make me hungry, I'm good with women, so when it comes to women and I see something I can offer advice to I do. you can either read it or you can ignore it, it's no skin off my back either way. But if you saw someone wearing a suit that was 2 sizes too big and they asked you how they look, you are going to tell them the truth, that's no different then what I did. Lol, I'm going to sleep fine rather you get that suit tailored or not, my "cred" is no more ruined if you think the suit is too big or it actually fits, your opinion of my advice, has no weighting on my actual ability to dress. But you can't say someone didn't tell you it was too big. That's how I feel. And like the g uy in the suit analogy, I know i'm right at the end of the day, I don't have to convince anyone that your suit is too big lol, dude the suit is too big, rather you want to acknowledge it or not is not up to me.

Practically everybody in this thread agrees that the OP should get his proverbial suit tailored. That's not people's issue with your advice-- the problem is that you're offering these towering, categorical proclamations based on your own narrow experience. Instead of being content to say, "You should get your suit tailored", you're saying, "You should always buy your suit in a 50R, because that's what's always worked for me."

pstoller said it best:

Originally Posted by pstoller
Everything you write is as if you're the only guy who has actual "experiences with the opposite sex." News flash: you're a long, long way from being the only guy on SF (let alone beyond this tiny microcosm) who's ever gotten laid. You haven't set any records for most partners bedded or quickest time from "hello" to penetration, and it wouldn't matter if you had because sex is not a competitive sport and getting a woman to **** you doesn't mean you know squat about relationships.

My posts aren't from theory; I've been amassing experience since before you were born. Nothing you've written is remotely revelatory. Some of it is true; some of it, not so much. You want to share your personal insights, hey, great; any informed point of view holds value. But your Mac Daddy act reeks mightily, and not of theory.

coldnyt1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makker
Yes fun fun, another topic at this again.

So the story:

There is this chick in my class in college, now after 5 months of our first year we have suddenly (I can't remember how it started) began talking to each other regularly. It first started on facebook and whenever I see her in class I try to talk to her. However, since actually our time spent out of class is greater during the day the talk is usually through the internet. Anyway, we've been talking and last Friday she accepted to do something with me that night. Before I had persuaded her to do something together, whatever it was, lunch, sports, basically anything, just to get to know her better. She made up excuses and breaking the ice here seemed difficult even though we had many hour-long conversations, both enjoying it. On that night it was all up to me to decide what to do, so we met and went to a lounge bar kind of place where I had never been before, but I heard it was good and we talked and had fun I suppose. After a few drinks she is already tipsy and at one point she admits that she never knew that she would go out with me. Being a bit startled, I of course ask why but she makes up lame ass excuses once again that dont make sense, I guess she just thought I was not her type. She's tipsy, willing to do anything almost, we head back and end up in my place where be have a bottle of champagne. She eventually falls in my bed, I sit next to her, definitely less drunk and shes telling how she is feeling ill and stuff. Eventually she just crawls under the blanket and falls asleep immediately. Having no idea what to do, I fall asleep next to her.

Next morning I wake up before her, not knowing whether to get up or not. I lay still, eventually hearing her wake up and letting out a few silent laughs and shaking her head in disbelief. I mean I had no idea what to think about this. I give her water, have a small chat and then she leaves.

Things have been since then continuing the same way as before, but today as I was sitting next to one of my female friends, she sat next to her friends a row in front of me and seemed like she didnt want to make any contact. After class, she also left quickly and I am sure she had seen me behind her.

Maybe its too early to say, but I really dont know where this is going. I still feel that I dont know her that well and her past relationships and social life in general. What also makes it hard is that she likes to play around with me all the time, saying stuff but then saying it was a joke. As one of the worst interpreters of women's minds, I feel that soon I will be completely lost with this. I want to keep the thing going so I invited her yesterday to a private party at a skyscraper next Saturday and she said she will have to see since her cousin and friend are coming .. I dont know. I guess if she eventually doesn't come then she wont want to go out with me anymore, but even though I never directly asked her I think she enjoyed it last weekend. Even though I would mostly prefer for her to be a close friend of mine where we can do cool stuff together I dont know what she is looking for. She definitely took our meeting as a date whereas I never understand why meeting a colleague out in the city can be more serious than that.

We have our own inside jokes and stuff, but I feel that soon this wont progress and I will just be a guy always making the initiatives on her and when she is bored I will be a good target to get some humor from, nothing else. In fact, when we went out I paid for her drinks and we both have acknowledged she owes me back, so I'm trying to use it as a bait to get her to go out with me again, especially since going out this weekend should be very cool where we can look over the city at night. I know you guys all think that shes laughing at the fact she got a "free meal", but I'm rather sure she will eventually pay it all back.

Confusing ****, I know, but I hope you guys understand my position in this.

she's out of it bro.. not into anything with you at all.. so move on ... goodluck

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, apparently girls don't like it very much when you tell them that they look and remind you of someone else you know.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some feedback on my post would be greatly appreciated guys.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
There is this girl in my history class, she seems interesting and is cute, only problem is that this other guy is talking to her. I am not sure if its her boyfriend or just a friend but at the beginning of the semester I dont remember her talking to her. I saw them study once and I see them talk after class now, he waits for her and vice versa. I know that I dress better than this guy and am more built than this guy, and in my opinion I am more pleasing to the aesthetic. but he jumped on her ass before I got a chance, well before I tried. How should I approach her? I have come to accept that I am a bit timid sometimes and other tiems, i.e. when in uniform, with friends, I grow a pair all of a sudden.
First, I would suggest you ascertain if the guy is actually her boyfriend or not. Once you have this information, it will be much easier to approach the situation.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
TL;DR Somebody give me the short version of all this ****
"Fail"

Reaction score
You can move on as everybody else have said before, or you can keep telling yourself that you still have a chance at being her friend or what ever is it that you want to be be, but I think it is pretty much over either.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonarLake