1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by makker, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

^^What would be the best course of action of letting a girl know you'd rather her not send you text messages? The act of simply ignoring them alone doesn't seem to be getting through.

2. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

How about an auto-reply message that says, "mm84321 is no longer accepting your texts?"

3. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Do Blackberrys have such an option?

4. unjung

unjung Senior member

Given that this is a coworker, you could politely ask her to cease and desist, or you will alert HR...

5. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Do Blackberrys have such an option?

I have no idea. I've never used one. My cell phone is so primitive, it doesn't even have a camera. (Holding out for a Verizon iPhone 5.) Also, I don't text: I think texting is evil. This is probably because I'm an old curmudgeon, but I'm OK with that.

6. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Also, I don't text: I think texting is evil. This is probably because I'm an old curmudgeon, but I'm OK with that.
    I agree. I am not a Luddite, per se, but I feel that some of these "innovations" in how we communicate just ends up destroying people's social skills in general. Alas, I am 19-years-old and my peers do not share such a view, so I must play along.

7. West24

West24 Senior member

I agree. I am not a Luddite, per se, but I feel that some of these "innovations" in how we communicate just ends up destroying people's social skills in general. Alas, I am 19-years-old and my peers do not share such a view, so I must play along.

youre such a homosexual.

8. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Rereading that statement I can see how one might come to that conclusion. I assure you that it's not the case.

9. West24

West24 Senior member

Rereading that statement I can see how one might come to that conclusion. I assure you that it's not the case.

wanna give me a bj?

10. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

wanna give me a bj?
    About the kind of response I'd expect. You must be a real catch.

11. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Actually, West is one fine slice of man meat. (total homo)

12. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I'm not looking to start a squabble over something this silly, so we'll just leave it at that.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm not looking to start a squabble over something this silly, so we'll just leave it at that.

Are you sure you don't mean tussle?

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You could do a lot worse than West.

15. West24

West24 Senior member

exactly what id expect a homosexual to say.
    are you free this friday?[​IMG]
    You could do a lot worse than West.

you can also join!

16. Matt

Matt Senior member

I need to vent that I have a colleague at work where things did not turn out. I dont want to go into the details other than to say that everytime I think I have got over her 'she pulls me back in!' It is by way of coming by my desk, emailing or messaging me for work related stuff, or I somehow get dragged back via other co-workers we are jointly on good terms with. I am looking forward to the day when I switch companies and I have her out of sight and hopefully out of mind. When I can say to her on my last day at 5pm 'it was nice knowing you but now it is all finnished'.
    Consciously she wants me in her friendzone and subconsciously I have no doubt I am her 'backup' in ife if things fall through with her current real bf. Neither of these suit me. The challenge is ignoring her given I have been given a project she is on (as an SME) and trying not to come across as 'me' being the 'problem' either through being rude or distant as I end labelled as the one with issues. Either way I will keep comms with her to a minimum, begave professionally and look forward to that job change (whenever that day may come). I probably also need to find someone else to distract me but currently there is no one.
    I don't think I understand this situation, or at least, my understanding of it is not painting you in the best light. A colleague, with a boyfriend, emails you at work about work (which is what colleagues do) or comes to your desk to talk about work (which is what colleagues do), or you find yourself out and about with her because there's a work thing happening (which is what happens at work things) and you are upset that she is "dragging you back in" because you have convinced yourself that she has made you Plan B. As far as I can tell, the posts above don't indicate that she has you as Plan Anything other than "the guy who sits 5 cubicles away", and she's not dragging you "back" anywhere - it sounds more like you were never there to begin with. Are you leaving something out of this story?

17. austerlitz

austerlitz Senior member

OP, i am guessing the party was a bust since we have seen no updates

18. unjung

unjung Senior member

I will PM the OP.

19. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

OP, i am guessing the party was a bust since we have seen no updates

probably went to the party and blew some dude in thebathroom

20. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

I need to start reading these "i need women advice" posts. hot damn theres some pathetic shit going on. Reading this made me feel like james fucking bond.