• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed, it just looks out of place on you. Not even trying to be a dick here, and saying you can't afford julius isn't a valid excuse cuz it just doesn't seem like a brand that suits a dude like you.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Shoulders are fine but it's too long in the sleeves size wise and too long in the body for casual wear. Jackets are sized in 2 dimensions. Looks like a suit jacket u borrowed from ur dad/big bro. Not sure if its worth fixing

Its length is 27in. Corrct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can get shorter than that when it comes to blazers, unless I dove into womens' sizes. Perhaps my body is just horribly disproportionate?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Shoulders are fine but it's too long in the sleeves size wise and too long in the body for casual wear. Jackets are sized in 2 dimensions. Looks like a suit jacket u borrowed from ur dad/big bro. Not sure if its worth fixing
Though I'll agree that it's too long in the sleeves, it's definitely NOT too long in the body. It hits his hips... But yeah, I can pull that offer better than you can
wink.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I don't think it's too big, just doesn't suit your style at all
+1 fit is good, just not sure julius is your thing.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
artyg, looks good. i usually hate blue jeans with black shoes of any sort but this is great. usually when you go under the radar its a good thing lol!!

maybe a diff bag, but thats just me
eh.gif

Artyg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
artyg, looks good. i usually hate blue jeans with black shoes of any sort but this is great. usually when you go under the radar its a good thing lol!!

maybe a diff bag, but thats just me
eh.gif

Thanks. I need to get a nice new pair of brown shoes but I've spent too much lately.
The bag is actually pretty sweet, get many positive comments about it. The pic doesn't do it justice at all.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the responses everyone, again. My personal feelings are that I still love the style, and even though it is against the general opinion, I'm going to keep at it over time. I don't believe in inherent style; I think anyone can be anything they want to be, in a tabula rasa kind of way. Something is throwing it off for everyone- whether it's the clean shaven baby face, three months without a haircut, or the fact that I can't help but look optimistic in all my pictures. Hell, it could be the backdrop of a very feminine living room designed by my fiancee that throws it all off balance. I'd like for someone to tell me what exactly it is (constructive criticism), but I know that's hard when no one can really put their thumb on it.

So uh, thanks again.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Edit: I don't really agree with the notion that Julius isn't for you (just yet). Pants/Denim with more of a taper, along with a better picture (i.e. propping the camera up on a dresser or something, and utilizing the timer feature) would do worlds of good in terms of what the jacket actually looks like on you.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Its length is 27in. Corrct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can get shorter than that when it comes to blazers, unless I dove into womens' sizes. Perhaps my body is just horribly disproportionate?

It's not disproportionate, and it's not that it doesn't "suit you" -- that's silly advice.

The sleeves are too long for most on SF -- generally the preference here is to show 1/4-1/2 inch of cuff, so you don't want the sleeves hitting at the base of your thumb. Body length looks good. Also people will make fewer errors in judging the fit on a blazer if you post a pic with it buttoned, usually.

However, it's true that the blazer doesn't work with what you're wearing in the photo. It looks like a suit orphan, which means you'll probably want to be pairing it with more formal outfits, and if not you probably would want to be doing something purposeful in pairing it with more casual gear.

I don't understand saying it doesn't suit "you" because "you" can always wear different clothes that work with it better.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Well, thanks for the responses everyone, again. My personal feelings are that I still love the style, and even though it is against the general opinion, I'm going to keep at it over time. I don't believe in inherent style; I think anyone can be anything they want to be, in a tabula rasa kind of way. Something is throwing it off for everyone- whether it's the clean shaven baby face, three months without a haircut, or the fact that I can't help but look optimistic in all my pictures. Hell, it could be the backdrop of a very feminine living room designed by my fiancee that throws it all off balance. I'd like for someone to tell me what exactly it is (constructive criticism), but I know that's hard when no one can really put their thumb on it. So uh, thanks again.
It's not really your baby face. If that were the case, Asians would never be able to pull off Julius. The issue is more how you carry yourself and how it looks like you're trying too hard to make the Julius piece work.
Originally Posted by NameBack
It's not disproportionate, and it's not that it doesn't "suit you" -- that's silly advice. The sleeves are too long for most on SF -- generally the preference here is to show 1/4-1/2 inch of cuff, so you don't want the sleeves hitting at the base of your thumb. Body length looks good. Also people will make fewer errors in judging the fit on a blazer if you post a pic with it buttoned, usually. However, it's true that the blazer doesn't work with what you're wearing in the photo. It looks like a suit orphan, which means you'll probably want to be pairing it with more formal outfits, and if not you probably would want to be doing something purposeful in pairing it with more casual gear. I don't understand saying it doesn't suit "you" because "you" can always wear different clothes that work with it better.
SW&D does not abide by MC rules

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just can't imagine you in julius head to toe. Its just the vibe I get from your posts and how you look that suggests that to me. I mean in the end do what makes you happy, but I just think you should go a different route. Your personality makes me think Marc Jacobs, and more Dior would suit you better. Maybe some KVA for the slight "edgyness" you're seeking.

I mean are you trying to venture into a full fledged "industrial" look, cuz that is something you should definitely shy away from.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
SW&D does not abide by MC rules
No ****. People here still harp on sleeve length of blazers all the time. Maybe it's more noticeable to me because I've read through 300+ pages of WAYWT discussion the past two days, but people here still generally prefer shorter sleeve length, even when people are pairing blazers with t-shirts etc. edit: I also wasn't necessarily agreeing, but I was trying to give context about where the criticism of "it doesn't fit" might be coming from. Although personally I do tend to prefer shorter sleeve length as well.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly dude I think it just looks out-of-place to some because you are just wearing it with unremarkable grey tee and jeans. Wear it with a more purposeful outfit where you've got some other interesting pieces/details and it'll probably look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads