• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
In other news.... I saw RM Williams have released a captoe adelaide shoe. Its on page 4 of their latest catalogue. You can view it online. http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...63#/310c7263/6

I was at the RMW store at Homebush last week and was looking at a pair of the black lace ups with the very pronounced chisel toe (not sure if like them or if they are a bit odd...anyway) they guy working there said that in the "old days" they used to make lots of shoes but had made a decision to drop most of them for marketing reasons....so as to be known as a boot maker.

It would be good to see some more shoes in their line up just to have a local option.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Interesting:

Auburn.jpg

Good on them for expanding out into a new territory.

More on this shoe here:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.as...CD6850AE70656#

Very nice.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got off the tram last night and saw a chap with: blue balzer, blue vest, blue striped shirt, dark blue tie, jeans cut short exposing his ankles, no socks, brown shoes. Also had a little goatee going. Thought some sort of photo shoot was happening in the hood.

PS: Can we ban bike Appreciation in this thread? Already have enough to be jealous about.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Interesting:

Auburn.jpg

Good on them for expanding out into a new territory.

More on this shoe here:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.as...CD6850AE70656#

I popped into the RM Williams store at the new Pitt St Westfield and was surprised to see they have a few pairs of shoes now, including a pair of mock-croc loafers... I think they're called the Aspley. From what I could tell they were good quality, though personally for the price I think I can do better for $400+.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I popped into the RM Williams store at the new Pitt St Westfield and was surprised to see they have a few pairs of shoes now, including a pair of mock-croc loafers... I think they're called the Aspley. From what I could tell they were good quality, though personally for the price I think I can do better for $400+.

I don't really like the aspley. It is a very fashion foward looking shoe. Very elongated narrow chisel toe. In someways it looks slightly effeminate.

I also noticed that this shoe appeared to be cemented and not welted in the typical RM Williams fashion.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley

If you look at the RMW website, you'll see a few new (new to me at least) shoes there.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the aspley. It is a very fashion foward looking shoe. Very elongated narrow chisel toe. In someways it looks slightly effeminate.

I also noticed that this shoe appeared to be cemented and not welted in the typical RM Williams fashion.

That is one expensive pair of glued shoes. And loafers at that
eh.gif

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Effiminate was my impression too. Look like the shoes Robert Frost wore interviewing Nixon.

I wasn't blown away for $400 though most of the shoe styles on the website seem to be "sold out" so someone's buying 'em.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin

Anyone else have any experience or comments on haberdasher they would like to share?

Haven't bought anything from them but have had a few email exchanges about products, sizes etc. Always a prompt response and very helpful.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I for one welcome "effeminate", elongated shoes. As a man with small feet, last thing I need is a pair of stumpy chunky shoes on my feet. I guess that's why I also prefer the looks of more 'Italian' styling, blake stitched shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads