• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do we all do for a living?

Doxe

Reaction score
The correct answer when someone asks what you do is:

"I do very well".

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I am the Sultan of Steez. Unlike Mubarak and Burlesconi, no one will ever challenge my authority.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Walmart Manager

may i please have the honor of working in your suit department?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Rusher
Try political adviser for a living and let's see where that lands you.

Hopefully, in the Whitehouse.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I design watches. I designed the Rouchefoucauld. Its the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. It was *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

Spoo, I am sure you aware that in Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.

rgoldstein

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1901
peel money touch bitches
This, combined with your avatar killed me. Like I was in tears. And I could not tell you why.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Well, I work on Wall Street, Pierce and Pierce, Have you heard of it?
Somebody told me Gorbachev was downstairs....
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Antiquated IT resource for a large bank on Wall St.
I was really curious to know what you did for a living given your style of dress, and now I know!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
I'm the overpriviledged dilletante son of a Fortune 500 CEO. My Mom is an Italian heiress who splits her time between Venice and New York City. So though my parents are generous and I can live the life I want (pretty much do nothing) and do not want for anything now, I won't come into my own until either of my folks cop it... Because, you see, I wanted to marry a Serbian girl....my parents did not approve and threatened to disown me...so she had to go.... To keep my mind off her, my Dad arranged to start me off at one of his cap man firms...he hired 4 people to do my work for me there as well....I still hated it and wanted nothing to do with it... The plan now is for me to go and work in Brazil for a while... So no, life is far from perfect....
Some sick part of me hopes you are for real.
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and ****.
I love you.
Originally Posted by Raralith
Accoutant for a large corporation, managing the accounting side in their manufacturing subsiduary. Popular question I get at cocktail parties when they ask me what my profession is, "Hey, I've got a tax question." My response, "Well great, I know a fantastic tax accountant." *blank stares*
ffffuuuu.gif

Ok, so I'm a tax accountant, and I, too, absolutely hate this question. It almost makes me dread when people ask me what I do for a living, especially around this time of year. I mean, dammit, I'm at a party/dinner/bar/Chuck-E-Cheese/gangbang/whatever, I just worked a 60 hour week...I don't want to talk about whether or not your new Rheem qualifies you for a tax credit. And then they won't even buy you a beer. *grumble*

bmac11c

Reaction score
Trading Places! Great movie!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I design watches. I designed the Rouchefoucauld. Its the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. It was *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

g00n

Reaction score
aspirations to become a landman.. currently manage online training for a E&P software company. and i'm bored as hell. cheers
biggrin.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
Ok, so I'm a tax accountant, and I, too, absolutely hate this question. It almost makes me dread when people ask me what I do for a living, especially around this time of year. I mean, dammit, I'm at a party/dinner/bar/Chuck-E-Cheese/gangbang/whatever, I just worked a 60 hour week...I don't want to talk about whether or not your new Rheem qualifies you for a tax credit.

And then they won't even buy you a beer. *grumble*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
gold.

shine on you crazy diamond.
lol8[1].gif

Dewi

Reaction score
Civil engineer. Woot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads