• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharpened Metal, and other Every Day Carry Items

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave

I JUST got back from WS and I agree with all that. I really like opening with the lever, and it is very beautiful, but I dont think it's at all practical.

The Ikon pocket knife was kind of ugly up close. I didn't like the wood, and it was too thick.

.bishop

Reaction score
i hate things in my pockets, but i'll be damned when i take my knife out of my pocket i need it.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first knife: Spyderco Tenacious
5393516013_ff4a7aeca8.jpg
5394113320_cf3cdb3a3f.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
Just picked these up in Tokyo this afternoon.
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0141.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
Not sure to be honest. "Echizen Japan" is a consortium of manufacturers, so I'm not sure who these are by.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I carry a small Case pen knife usually but just picked up these cheap higonokami to practice sharpening.
dsc9025.jpg
dsc9030b.jpg

mehhhh

Reaction score
I had two Benchmade AFCKs when I was younger, and they were fantastic. Very upset that they aren't made anymore.

I'd love to start carrying again but I don't want to get thrown out of college.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
I had two Benchmade AFCKs when I was younger, and they were fantastic. Very upset that they aren't made anymore.

I'd love to start carrying again but I don't want to get thrown out of college.

Your college has an issue knives?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I carry my knife with me to all my classes. No one ever sees it, so it's not much of a problem.

My EDC is a SOG Vulcan.

Kookz

Reaction score
For a light, I carry a Quark 123 - S2 and sometimes supplement or replace it with a Lummi Raw SS. I sold my Masters of Defense Trident (big scary fully automatic knife that was too much to carry every day) and just ordered a Spyderco Leaf Storm yesterday, along with a split-pea lighter. My pen is a Lamy 2000 Rollerball. Lights:
IMG_5035.JPG
Knife: http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll...18A}&size=orig Lighters:
r3splitpea3large-1.jpg
Pen:
fullsize4.jpg

caxt

Reaction score
My EDC is a SOG Flash II non-serrated.

And I hear what you're saying about college carry, I do it most of the time, but I also realize that if it somehow falls out or gets seen by some pansy I am going to be in hot water.

My walk 2 miles to school and back everyday so I pretty much necessitates it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads