• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
I think it might be better without the necklace as well, but you'd probably disagree.

I think I'd have liked to see maybe a longer necklace.

transient

Reaction score
Besides uncontrol the only other time I made this mistake was with the young Hanson kid. Regardless, not my cup of tea but solid stuff homie.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
sup zissou,

5439829607_25eafe7f90_z.jpg

hells yes. Only 8 more months until I have mine :\\

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
since i've been following this thread, you've posted some very nice ensembles.

this is not one of them.

Thanks. The garments or the combination?
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks, MoK. Your reach from suit to street is impressive.
Still trying, still learning. Thanks.
Originally Posted by SPK
hzfMrl.jpg

x-posted in ToJ thread.

Schneider
ToJ
Uniqlo
Number(n)ine
W+Hxdayton

How's the boot tuck?

Boots look a little on the short side for tucking - I think you really need an 8" or taller boot. Otherwise this is solid.
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Agree that the chinos could be slimmer, but overall I really this outfit, MoK. The palette and those boots are a real stand-out.

People on this forum go bananas over EG; I'm surprised you didn't snap a pic that reveals some of the shirt.

Cheers. Only time for a quick snap. A shot with the jacket open, showing the shirt would probably have balanced the chinos a little more too.
Originally Posted by raven37457
DSCF0003-6.jpg
[/spoiler]

Gilded Age T
WWM
KMW
Yuketen

Pull-over smocks aren't easy to balance, maybe it would work better with combats. Not a fan of the pattern personally.
Originally Posted by whatever123
lol, i sold him the first one i bought. it was to small for me so i went up a size and had it tailored.

has anyone seen a wwm photo of how they wear it? the ones i found arent very helpful.

08091954_4a7eaae63473c.jpg
08091953_4a7eaab07799e.jpg
woolrich-woolen-mills-fishing-smock_1.jpg
[/spoiler]

Much better.

Originally Posted by Neptune87
First WAYWT ever. Uni student so money is a little tight but go ahead and flame away...

imgp0308d.jpg
[/spoiler]

H&M coat (Quality is Sh!* but until I can get something else it will do)
H&M Cardi, scarf, T
APC NS
Gray chucks

I'll work on getting the picture clearer next time.

I think a darker scarf would be better, but this is pretty solid.

Originally Posted by snake
I hope you guys like black

Clean and fits well.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ZO94x.jpg

Glasses: DARTS / Shirt: Grosbec / Jeans: Tornado Mart / Belt: Diavlo / Chain: Grosbec / Sneakers: Diet Butcher Slim Skin / Bag: 5351 Pour les Hommes
Glasses are a bit Joan Jett but maybe that's what you wanted. The rest is coherent.
Originally Posted by Meis
ubySr.jpg

9saqO.jpg
Ervell/TOJ/BoO/Ervell/Billkirk(no-vis)/KMW/Loake
need to find someplace in my apt with better lighting
I gave up trying to get interior shots. Looks okay from what can be seen.
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
sup zissou,

5439829075_305055bc9c_z.jpg

5439829607_25eafe7f90_z.jpg
Good.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
don't hate the glasses as much as everyone else, they kind of remind me of loki from fairy tail...

Those glasses with that hair makes it look like he's auditioning for Liza: The Liza Minelli Story or something. Otherwise, how refreshing to see something other than the nth itereation of those affiliate brands.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ZO94x.jpg

Glasses: DARTS / Shirt: Grosbec / Jeans: Tornado Mart / Belt: Diavlo / Chain: Grosbec / Sneakers: Diet Butcher Slim Skin / Bag: 5351 Pour les Hommes

There's something to be said for putting everything you want on, and then taking one thing off. I would get rid of the glasses, then the necklace, or change bags. With everyone on it just looks too much like a costume, or worse, that you're pretending to be something you're not.

diamonds

Reaction score
uncltrol - loosen up the laces on your shoes, you look uptight. sag yr jeans, you dont have enough swag. get rid of the glasses, you're not cyclops. ditch the mullet, we already know yr canadian.

also you need at least 10 years of character added to your face.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theyre opening ceremony boots. i dont think short people should try to make themselves look taller

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ZO94x.jpg

Reminds me of this

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
theyre opening ceremony boots. i dont think short people should try to make themselves look taller

+1. I'm short. Being short is what makes me look short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics