• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmond_evo6

Reaction score
P1120495.jpg

P1120491.jpg

P1120482.jpg

P1120492.jpg

My jumper boots arrived today,Thank you Tom.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
The only authority on shoe sizing that I know about is the Brannock device.

The Brannock device conversion tables are very clear that UK size + 0.5 = US size

http://www.brannock.com/cgi-bin/star...ck/charts.html

UK lasts tend to have a different shape than US lasts, esp. at the ankle, where most UK shoes are wider. And UK shoes are not as long in terms of usable space for the same volume.

Depending on how your foot shape matches up with the last of the UK shoe, you will want to go down 1/2 or 1 from your US size, in most cases.

So another common tip you will will read is UK = US minus 3/4 -- that is a good way to fudge. A regular US 11 will be probably be a UK 10 or a UK 10.5. Try both and see what you like.

I've seen that on the Brannocks. But it seems that most brands which are dual marked in both US/UK sizing show a difference of 1. I'd agree though that 3/4 is a good way to fudge.

The problem with the Brannock is it's a standard which no one follows.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when people can't even agree on "US" size, though, a generic conversion between US and UK could only be at best a guess.

depending on last I think my correct size 8.5E (AE #5), 8.5 D (barrie or aberdeen), or 9D (plaza prob).

it's basically a many:many conversion chart

100 yrs

Reaction score
zippy,

i see you're "seattle-ish". how do the unlined suede chukkas fair up here? i'm assuming they're great for our mostly dry summers. and which kudu chukkas do you have? i was eyeballing the standard 1272s in butch blum the other day as a good foul weather shoe, but not quite sold on the mini-lug sole, it seems kind of foamy.

thanks

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
I need some Tankers! Wonder if Context will be reissuing theirs.

I have and they are great. Funny, I did try to sell them when I received them because I thought they made my foot look big. No buyers at the time for $50 under cost for a brand new pair so I kept them. Glad I did!

Thor

Reaction score
...after 7 months...finally recieved my black PT Boot from Blackbird...the "creamery boot". I don't really feel like a milk man with them on...but I do like them...they seem really versatile and classic. Can wear'em with jeans or even grey slacks and blazer..a suit might be pushing it but could probably get a way with it...
img82870367800x600.jpg
img82900370800x600.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs
zippy,

i see you're "seattle-ish". how do the unlined suede chukkas fair up here? i'm assuming they're great for our mostly dry summers. and which kudu chukkas do you have? i was eyeballing the standard 1272s in butch blum the other day as a good foul weather shoe, but not quite sold on the mini-lug sole, it seems kind of foamy.

thanks

Yeah my unlined chukkas are packed away for dry weather.
Not sure of the kudu model number. They're the ones with vibram lug sole. I probably shouldn't have bought them since I rarely wear them.

My light colored suede shoes are about the only ones I avoid wearing in the rain. I wear pretty much everything else year round.

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
I have and they are great. Funny, I did try to sell them when I received them because I thought they made my foot look big. No buyers at the time for $50 under cost for a brand new pair so I kept them. Glad I did!

Updated pictures then! How do they feel vs. other Aldens you have? I've never worn NST or commando sole!

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
...after 7 months...finally recieved my black PT Boot from Blackbird...the "creamery boot".

I don't really feel like a milk man with them on...but I do like them...they seem really versatile and classic. Can wear'em with jeans or even grey slacks and blazer..a suit might be pushing it but could probably get a way with it...

img82870367800x600.jpg

img82900370800x600.jpg

The brogueing at the top (around the ankle) is a very nice touch. Barrie last?

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
The brogueing at the top (around the ankle) is a very nice touch. Barrie last?

Yes, they are Barrie lasted boots...

..and the perf-band is a nice touch, although I am the only one who will ever see it...and of course, my fine fellow shoe dorks (as my GF calls me (us) ) on SF
smile.gif

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
...after 7 months...finally recieved my black PT Boot from Blackbird...the "creamery boot".

I don't really feel like a milk man with them on...but I do like them...they seem really versatile and classic. Can wear'em with jeans or even grey slacks and blazer..a suit might be pushing it but could probably get a way with it...

img82870367800x600.jpg

img82900370800x600.jpg

Goddamn.
drool.gif

Why do they not have them in my size
ffffuuuu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads