• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Or a guy could get the lower roll and wear a cardigan with a deep vee instead of a vest, which is pretty common in Naples.

laugh.gif
TouchÃ
00a9.png

That was an unfortunate look I witnessed more than once over the weekend. I also saw a few pairs of acid wash jeans... they go to Naples to die??

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
are you saying cardigan and odd jacket is a bad look? pictures?

No, I quite like this look. But Will was pointing out the deep V t-shirt underneath, which is, well.... pretty nasty.

gusvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Medtech and NSM are killing it!

Really awesome... most attractive Italian garments that I have seen on this board.

+1000!
Can't wait for my first fitting in March!

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
laugh.gif
TouchÃ
00a9.png

That was an unfortunate look I witnessed more than once over the weekend. I also saw a few pairs of acid wash jeans... they go to Naples to die??

Originally Posted by medtech_expat
No, I quite like this look. But Will was pointing out the deep V t-shirt underneath, which is, well.... pretty nasty.

I think Will meant that instead of a vest made of the suit fabric, you could wear a sweater vest with a deep V and that this would be a good thing.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Or a guy could get the lower roll and wear a cardigan with a deep vee instead of a vest, which is pretty common in Naples.

Originally Posted by emptym
I think Will meant that instead of a vest made of the suit fabric, you could wear a sweater vest with a deep V and that this would be a good thing.

You're right... brain fart on my part. I thought it was a sarcastic (and witty) reference to my little rant from the other day.
biggrin.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No pics from Mina's visit this weekend?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in good time. ME's got some pants to show off.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of basted fittings today. 1) 2BSB peak lapel suit in Dormeuil Tonik 2000 (10.5 oz - 70% worsted, 30% mohair)
b4e9455a.jpg
c442236e.jpg
I'm pleased with Mina's first execution of a SB peak lapel; it has character yet isn't overly dramatic. I'm also enthusiastic about this fabric she recommended to me. Others have cautioned about the "scratchiness" of mohair, but at least in this formulation I'm not bothered by it at all. I love the crease-resistance and breathability, and it has quite a lot of body given its relative light weight. The color as well is a "true" dark blue, rich yet without the shininess typically associated with mohair. 2) 3BSB sportcoat in Dormeuil Scottie Derby
996dc947.jpg
We are going for slightly moderated lapel widths this time around, while maintaining the relatively lower gorge as achieved with my PoW 3-piece. The shoulders need to be taken in and the back cleaned up, but these areas should be fairly solid by the forward. Antonio also shortened both jackets by a scootch - any feedback on this? Also took delivery of a pair of brushed cotton pants in mid brown. Forgot to snap those but perhaps tomorrow...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed - are the buttoning points the same as those on your previous ones?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
are the buttoning points the same as those on your previous ones?

Mina closed the coats with pins, so I didn't have the opportunity to "feel" the buttoning point. I'd be surprised if it changed, though, since I was happy where it's been.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
The navy suit looks especially good. Is that one of her shirts you are wearing?

I was supposed to take delivery of my first batch of shirts, but Lufthansa left one of Mina's suitcases in the Naples airport
ffffuuuu.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ME, your stuff looks really beautiful, but more importantly than the droves here on SF, you seem genuinely happy with them and the new relationship with your tailor. Congrats!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads