• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinasity

Reaction score
Picked up this Zegna tie the other day, not really my style so if anyone is interested hit me up cause I dont feel like dealing with eBay.
c37b01a7.jpg

9d459300.jpg

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
so he can ask you where to get the best ****....hint keep it to yourself and if you are in toronto give up completely because Frenchy own this shiiizznit (just kidding...but i do)

I was in Toronto this weekend and I'm completely lost on the thrifting scene there. I just visited the Value Village and the surrounding 'vintage' shops that seem to just buy at value village and then mark up the price. I'll bet there's some great spots in the not-so-trendy areas.

Doing pretty well in London, though.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI

I asked about canadian thrifters b/c I'll be heading to Whistler/Vancouver, BC in March for a bachelor party. Therefore, I wanted to ask privately if anyone could point me in the right direction other than what I was reading online. Why? B/c most people here don't like to talk about their spots publicly.

Cheers

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
FYI

I asked about canadian thrifters b/c I'll be heading to Whistler/Vancouver, BC in March for a bachelor party. Therefore, I wanted to ask privately if anyone could point me in the right direction other than what I was reading online. Why? B/c most people here don't like to talk about their spots publicly.

Cheers

Most people here don't like to talk about their spots AT ALL.
devil.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staatsoper
Most people here don't like to talk about their spots AT ALL.
devil.gif

I agree. I don't like to either. However, for someone visiting, I would't care. It's not like they would come and wipe everything out
lol8[1].gif
On another note for my fellow Canadians, other than a place to thrift in Vancouver, any places I should visit or eat at? I am a foodie. Cheers

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree. I don't like to either. However, for someone visiting, I would't care. It's not like they would come and wipe everything out
lol8[1].gif

On another note for my fellow Canadians, other than a place to thrift in Vancouver, any places I should visit or eat at? I am a foodie.

Cheers

that day that you were thrifting you would
facepalm.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by catside
^ Nice blog.

Oreg,

Where do you live? The one "colorful outfit" with the red tie and pants is something I couldn't pull off but you def. pulled that off!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oreg,

Where do you live? The one "colorful outfit" with the red tie and pants is something I couldn't pull off but you def. pulled that off!

<------ See sidebar. And thanks! That outfit was for the Pitti challenge last Friday. Which I decidedly did not win.

rx330

Reaction score
Just experienced my single best thrifting haul:

1 Burberry Navy Trench Coat (Made in England) - Such a classic piece!

1 Pair Tan Canali Khakis - Great Condition!

1 Army Green Loro Piana Casual Pants - Looks Brand New! I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on these.

Damn it feels good to dress like a millionaire while you're a poor grad student.
bigstar[1].gif

Will Post Pics Soon

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rx330
Just experienced my single best thrifting haul:

1 Burberry Navy Trench Coat (Made in England) - Such a classic piece!

1 Pair Tan Canali Khakis - Great Condition!

1 Army Green Loro Piana Casual Pants - Looks Brand New! I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on these.

Damn it feels good to dress like a millionaire while you're a poor grad student.
bigstar[1].gif

Will Post Pics Soon

Ah! I'll be a poor mba student come september somewhere! haha

amadar

Reaction score
Interesting find today. Walter Genuin golf/dress shoes. Pretty decent condition and in my size. Does anyone know anything about these? They have removable spikes on them for the purpose of being worn casually, I'm assuming. Do you think I could rock them OFF the golf course?

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

DenimDan

Reaction score
Found this shirt the other day but am not sure if its a faker or not. I read that Burberry's changed their labels to just Burberry about 9 years ago and that they had USA manufacturer but still wondered if this was legit. Either way it doesn't really matter because if fits like it was made for me so whatever. thoughts}?
IMG_20110201_203748.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I don't disclose my spots to other locals, but I will make exceptions for known and trusted longtime forum members who are just visiting.

This. I've done it a few times on here and haven't noticed any harm done. Most likely they're visiting for a few days and will likely only have a day for thrifting. One day isn't gonna hurt. There's too many flippers out now anyway, so I'd rather have someone who I know will enjoy nice stuff out there getting it rather than some flipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads