• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Brooks Bros., a wool saxony fabric (very soft), and in their Regent model, I believe. A lucky day at the sale rack, if I remember correctly . . .

Originally Posted by jumpinjeffd
I love that SC!!!!! What is the make????

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I too love the sportcoat, but I don't think its color works your shirt's shade of pink. Something is jarring about the combo. I could see a pale pink working all right.

Something about the jacket/tie combo seems off. I'm not sure the patterns work well together. It may be the olive clashing with the brighter green in the tie, too. I do think you could benefit from a wider spread shirt collar, with your face shape.

The shirt color is fairly startling, but I am given to rather startling combinations, and in rotation, the shirt picked was the first one in the drawer that seemed to fit the bill. I will have to try the SC with a paler pink shirt for comparison.

Insofar as acridsheep's SC, I think that there is the matter of difference between the two photos - the contrast in tone (dark/light) works better between SC and tie than the closeup, which seems rather overexposed due to flash (a problem most familiar to me). Acrid could best comment on which photo is more accurate as to color/tone. If the SC's color is more accurate in the close-up, I think that the problem may be that the pattern of the tie and that of the SC are too close in scale.

Otherwise, I like the combo - the straight collar is fine, IMHO.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Something about the jacket/tie combo seems off. I'm not sure the patterns work well together. It may be the olive clashing with the brighter green in the tie, too. I do think you could benefit from a wider spread shirt collar, with your face shape.

I wasn't sure either. The jacket is primarily navy in color, with some gray, so I thought I'd roll the dice with the tie until I get some new solid ties in later this week.

I agree with your comment about the spread collar. Trouble is, my job does not require a jacket and tie, to the point where it may actually do me a bit of a disservice in client-facing situations, ironically enough, so I value flexibility in shirts. Spread collars are decidedly one dimensional. I'll be on the hunt for some in the future.

Nice blog by the way. Impressive how you're able to fund such great fits.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Insofar as acridsheep's SC, I think that there is the matter of difference between the two photos - the contrast in tone (dark/light) works better between SC and tie than the closeup, which seems rather overexposed due to flash (a problem most familiar to me). Acrid could best comment on which photo is more accurate as to color/tone. If the SC's color is more accurate in the close-up, I think that the problem may be that the pattern of the tie and that of the SC are too close in scale.

Otherwise, I like the combo - the straight collar is fine, IMHO.

I think the flash is exacerbating the problem a bit, but I think there are better combinations to be had, regardless.

That jacket is really quite lovely, upr_crust!

mrbateman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Wonky pics for a wonky welcome back to work morning
AKA penance
smile.gif

54d33f4f.jpg

69f752bb.jpg

d7a988e3.jpg

Where's the chesterfield coat come from? I saw one similar at ralph lauren a few months ago.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AKA penance
smile.gif

54d33f4f.jpg

That is a cool Chesterfield.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
Gloomy Tuesday in Atlanta, which should be nicer than pretty much every other part of the Eastern seaboard today.

DSC_6060.JPG

DSC_6064.JPG2

I think a spread collar would be a nice improvement in your look.

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting For The Flood....or in this case the blizzard! The only thing that makes this strom worse is knowing that our dear East Coast friends are not going to get a break
ffffuuuu.gif
Hang tough gents!

So, with that and after walking the dog this moring there was a change in wardrobe...
Retro_020111_01.jpg
Retro_020111_02.jpg

Retro_020111_03.jpg
Retro_020111_04.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Great looking combination!

+1!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tuesday.

FuckYou-1.JPG

HAHA Love the photo file names!!! Love the ensambe as well. I almost dropped the bills for a nice PoW suit by LRL that was on sale at Macy's but they didn't have my size
censored.gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Very nice.
Mike

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Tasty - although less yellow saturation in the photo would be nice.

Thx, guys. The yellow saturation can be attributed to my house lights and my inadequacy as a photographer.

Originally Posted by aj_del
Caruso-7.jpg

^Nice, AJ. Works better.

AKA penance
smile.gif

54d33f4f.jpg

^Nice Shirt tie combo.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer

Silvio Bresciani suit
Hemrajani Tailors shirt (Herringbone, but it doesn't show in the photos.)
Ben Silver dogtooth tie
Kent Wang linen PS
Albert Thurston boxcloth braces
Treasured Finds double-sided cuff links

Haven't look at this thread in a while. Welcome to the 21st century. Looking good!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Diavolo
No wonder most of the respected members have left here and you will have noticed I'm on the way out.

This is a shame, and most of the reason I haven't posted much lately. I don't have any resentment about it, I just don't feel that I fit the current dynamic of the thread.

Originally Posted by Big A
Keep in mind that I like your douchy posts - in fact, I wish you'd get back to insulting fits with the sort of venom that suggests you've never had sex with a living creature. You actually had good points most of the time, and the delivery was . . . outside the box for SF.

As abrasive as he was, his "expertise" seemed to be based on decades of real life experience and studied princples of a more timeless way of dressing, rather than scoring a bunch of **** at the outlet mall and nailing the SF-approved trends over the course of a few months. LOL

ndw

Reaction score
Ice this morning.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might be my favourite Cuci jacket of all time.

Love the red in the shepherd's check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads