• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
hmmm where might i find these?

are there any others with the red brick soles?

Bass Brockton.

5007-256085-d.jpg

These are more white than light gray. They're the Johnston & Murphy Brennan. About $30 cheaper and J&M quality (to me at least) is far superior.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
Bass Brockton.

5007-256085-d.jpg

These are more white than light gray. They're the Johnston & Murphy Brennan. About $30 cheaper and J&M quality (to me at least) is far superior.

The first ones you posted were j&ms?

phaseshift

Reaction score
thanks, I'm prob going to opt for the J Crew ones...see this is what happens when I see something I like..alternatives unless completely the same will not work...sigh
ffffuuuu.gif

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Has anyone ever tried out Homespun? It looks like one of the better "In good company" items. Hard to find anything about the company online. Doubt I would find these in store. Does anyone know how this fits? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...9983/39983.jsp
This looks really nice.
Originally Posted by slack tide
All I can say is that everything seemed to fit smaller. Like a pretty big jump. That gray cardigan (which was nice enough, but nothing special - for $100+) fit really slim for a small. Like enough for me to want to want to try a M on if I actually considered buying it. Which is pretty much unheard of me for me with j crew. Same boring polos. Some different color choices on the shorts this year. Khaki is a difficult color to find. The most compelling piece was a burgundy/red zip up in their terry loop. A lot of light weight cardigans..cropped. This was all really early spring stuff..first batch I guess. big checks and horizontal stripes..
Thank god they have slimmed things down. Need to go try some new stuff on. Is it just me or does J. Crew need to hire some new visual merchandising people for the mall stores? The Liquor Store etc. is so dope but the mall stores (including my local store) are so boring.
Originally Posted by phaseshift
anyone work for j crew? im looking to get a discount on some items...pm me
J. Crew employees get fucked if they caught doing this, good luck.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm happy with the S/S looks so far. Hopefully they will have a nice selection of Tall sizes.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I'm happy with the S/S looks so far. Hopefully they will have a nice selection of Tall sizes.

I agree, I'm digging the shirts as well as the trapper jacket

Bond111

Reaction score
@JoeRogan

I got that deck jacket last year when it was initially released. I wanna say that it went from being a misprint in the catalog at $98 to being shown on the website for $118. They honored the $98 price.
Crazy to see how much it is now. I guess a lot of orders went through at the cheaper price, so they had to jack up the price more on it.

Anyways, I love the jacket a lot. It's soft and warm like a sweatshirt, but a lot dressier if you will. I wore it a lot. I'm not sure it's worth $158 though. Maybe catch a coupon on it or something.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Just got in the catalog. The Trapper jacket has that ******* back waterfowl pocket. Ugh. Nothing else stood out.

So I take it you don't like authenticity to the details?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mfitz82
I thought it was just me. Did they bump the price of this up too? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...5748/35748.jsp I thought this used to be like 60$, and now it's 80$, which is way overpriced, but I guess on par with BR, who also have way overpriced dress shirts. I don't know how you can justify paying 80$/shirt for BR when you can get much better quality at BB for a similar price.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...ton-costs.html

Cotton's gone way up in price. Could be because of that. I'd doubt that they'd reduce the price once cotton goes back down in price, though.

But... BB is so, so, so much of a better value for the same price and their styles are so much more up-to-date than they used to be the last year or so. I like their historic heritage, too- their shorter collars on the XSF stuff were originally introduced in the 1930s, for example.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bond111
@JoeRogan

I got that deck jacket last year when it was initially released. I wanna say that it went from being a misprint in the catalog at $98 to being shown on the website for $118. They honored the $98 price.
Crazy to see how much it is now. I guess a lot of orders went through at the cheaper price, so they had to jack up the price more on it.

Anyways, I love the jacket a lot. It's soft and warm like a sweatshirt, but a lot dressier if you will. I wore it a lot. I'm not sure it's worth $158 though. Maybe catch a coupon on it or something.

same goes for the bucks, they wear 98 i believe last year or the year before. Now they are 168!
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads