Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

hmmm where might i find these?

are there any others with the red brick soles?

Bass Brockton.

[​IMG]

These are more white than light gray. They're the Johnston & Murphy Brennan. About $30 cheaper and J&M quality (to me at least) is far superior.

2. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Bass Brockton.

[​IMG]

These are more white than light gray. They're the Johnston & Murphy Brennan. About $30 cheaper and J&M quality (to me at least) is far superior.

The first ones you posted were j&ms?

3. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

im talking about these ones [​IMG]

4. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

im talking about these ones

[​IMG]

Nah those are Bass Brocktons. Retail about $60 depending on where you look.

5. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

thanks, I'm prob going to opt for the J Crew ones...see this is what happens when I see something I like..alternatives unless completely the same will not work...sigh[​IMG]

6. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

bass shoes feel like shitttt maybe the jcrew ones will be better

7. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Has anyone ever tried out Homespun? It looks like one of the better "In good company" items. Hard to find anything about the company online. Doubt I would find these in store. Does anyone know how this fits? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...9983/39983.jsp
    This looks really nice.
    All I can say is that everything seemed to fit smaller. Like a pretty big jump. That gray cardigan (which was nice enough, but nothing special - for $100+) fit really slim for a small. Like enough for me to want to want to try a M on if I actually considered buying it. Which is pretty much unheard of me for me with j crew. Same boring polos. Some different color choices on the shorts this year. Khaki is a difficult color to find. The most compelling piece was a burgundy/red zip up in their terry loop. A lot of light weight cardigans..cropped. This was all really early spring stuff..first batch I guess. big checks and horizontal stripes..
    Thank god they have slimmed things down. Need to go try some new stuff on. Is it just me or does J. Crew need to hire some new visual merchandising people for the mall stores? The Liquor Store etc. is so dope but the mall stores (including my local store) are so boring.
    anyone work for j crew? im looking to get a discount on some items...pm me
    J. Crew employees get fucked if they caught doing this, good luck.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm happy with the S/S looks so far. Hopefully they will have a nice selection of Tall sizes.

9. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I'm happy with the S/S looks so far. Hopefully they will have a nice selection of Tall sizes.

I agree, I'm digging the shirts as well as the trapper jacket

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just got in the catalog. The Trapper jacket has that fucking back waterfowl pocket. Ugh. Nothing else stood out.

11. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

Saw the Indigo Deck Jacket in store and really really liked it. Seems like the perfect weight for spring, at least if it's not raining out

12. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

@JoeRogan

I got that deck jacket last year when it was initially released. I wanna say that it went from being a misprint in the catalog at $98 to being shown on the website for $118. They honored the $98 price.
    Crazy to see how much it is now. I guess a lot of orders went through at the cheaper price, so they had to jack up the price more on it.

Anyways, I love the jacket a lot. It's soft and warm like a sweatshirt, but a lot dressier if you will. I wore it a lot. I'm not sure it's worth $158 though. Maybe catch a coupon on it or something.

13. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Just got in the catalog. The Trapper jacket has that fucking back waterfowl pocket. Ugh. Nothing else stood out.

So I take it you don't like authenticity to the details?

14. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

I thought it was just me. Did they bump the price of this up too? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...5748/35748.jsp I thought this used to be like 60$, and now it's 80$, which is way overpriced, but I guess on par with BR, who also have way overpriced dress shirts. I don't know how you can justify paying 80$/shirt for BR when you can get much better quality at BB for a similar price.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...ton-costs.html

Cotton's gone way up in price. Could be because of that. I'd doubt that they'd reduce the price once cotton goes back down in price, though.

But... BB is so, so, so much of a better value for the same price and their styles are so much more up-to-date than they used to be the last year or so. I like their historic heritage, too- their shorter collars on the XSF stuff were originally introduced in the 1930s, for example.

15. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

@JoeRogan

I got that deck jacket last year when it was initially released. I wanna say that it went from being a misprint in the catalog at $98 to being shown on the website for $118. They honored the $98 price.
    Crazy to see how much it is now. I guess a lot of orders went through at the cheaper price, so they had to jack up the price more on it.

Anyways, I love the jacket a lot. It's soft and warm like a sweatshirt, but a lot dressier if you will. I wore it a lot. I'm not sure it's worth $158 though. Maybe catch a coupon on it or something.

same goes for the bucks, they wear 98 i believe last year or the year before. Now they are 168! [​IMG] [​IMG]