• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
anyone own these or similar and care to comment? regardless of the two-tone which is pretty subtle, I think theyre versatile enough to be worth with jeans shorts or even chinos..

worst case wear with gray sweatpants.?

COMM-MZ135_V1.jpg

You are better off not buying those

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Thanks, I want to be talked out of buying them. Would you be kind enough to briefly expand on your opinion

The two-tone is ugly. Just wear the **** out of your white CPs until they are broken in and awesome

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Is most likely the best idea. I actually already have a two-tone and am not really thrilled with them. There will be a day or three in the summer where they'll be nice, but aside, no real reason to stray from the white. I did think the zip mids might be more appropriately worn with skinny fitting jeans (ie the ones from my waywt post, today) versus with a low-top sneaker. I need to find a shoe that goes there. I think maybe I was more in love with the side (edit; typo) zip than the shoe as well with the CPs in question. I'm sure that's 300 and change that can be spent wiser elsewhere.Thanks for your input..

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some have said they don't like the CP vintage soles because the color is more pronounced (?) in person. I haven't seen them though.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I like it because it just allows the beating process to be visibly occur slightly more naturally as opposed to the pure white achilles. Especially at the beginning. I find myself cleaning them with a rag despite saying I wouldn't. But I do think keeping them in decent check with a rag and letting them age naturally and slowly is the best route. I say I won't use a magic eraser now too...

i'm still torn on the zips. would like to see them worn or any two tone mid zips for that matter..

edit; are these vintage soles?

87b51791-1-1.jpg

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think two tones are okay and i love zippers on sneakers but those are just kind of an awkward mix.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Some have said they don't like the CP vintage soles because the color is more pronounced (?) in person. I haven't seen them though.
Vintage soles in context...
P1030748Custom.jpg
They're awesome, especially with the gray nubuck, perfect color scheme for dark denim imo. I am very much on a crusade to convince everyone of this. Side zips are awesome. But then you already have the lows so it would be kind of silly to get those.
edit; are these vintage soles?
Yes. Even while referring to the fact that you had those shoes, I forgot they had them
facepalm.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yeah, derek is a good guy, well known on sz, used to be at barneys

Him and I had pizza and played black ops and **** all day, it was awesome.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, this might have to be my full tax refund right here:
167750_490490147598_719712598_6050068_3904619_n.jpg

So tempted.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Also, this might have to be my full tax refund right here:
167750_490490147598_719712598_6050068_3904619_n.jpg

So tempted.

Do itttttt. Sans that scarf-thing of course.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blazer is definitely something I'm considering, pants might be too much. I gotta see it in person, I'll decide then.

Humperdink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
The blazer is definitely something I'm considering, pants might be too much. I gotta see it in person, I'll decide then.
Save up for Junya F/W ought '11, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads