Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

My wife keeps saying she likes Rick, but feels it's too expensive. So far all she has is a pair of DRKSHDW jeans that I bought for her.

I think a lot of woman (even those whom are somewhat into fashion) are used to buying a large quantity of clothing at cheaper prices. It took me about a year to finally convince her that she needs to spend at least $300+ for quality shoes, $100+ for tops, etc. The other day she actually showed me a picture of something saying "look how cheap the fabric looks on that!" So yeah, your women folk can be trained.

i'm thinking that this is a bad idea...

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

I think rick is better on women but there isn't much value in the products and people have been conditioned to paying those exorbitant prices since it's the flavor of the month. At least he's milking it while he can.

The females can be conditioned too they're not idiots.

3. xM.

xM. Senior member

those gitman leopard's people were kinda apeing over before are online at OC now [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

*Edit PM-ing instead. Sorry.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

@Jet

I thought you were a big rick fan?

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

I am, got two tees.

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

i'm thinking that this is a bad idea...
    Haha. When I wrote that statement about conditioning a woman I was actually thinking "I bet Hendrix will disapprove." As long as you're careful to not attack her taste, why would sharing your opinion about clothing with a girl whom you are close to be a bad idea? If you had recently gained new insight regarding a non-clothing subject would you withhold those opinions from her too? Is this even a healthy attitude? Here's what I discovered.... By repeatedly sharing my new found passion for clothing with her and offering up ideas about what might look better on her, it gradually sparked a new interest in her too. At first I suggested new styles for her based on my understanding of her personality, but over time she's become more independent and started to actually cultivate her own unique style that makes her feel good. A lot of girls whom dress poorly likely lack the proper context-- e.g. her friends and co-workers likely dress poorly too. By attempting to dress better yourself and talking with her about how harmonious your two distinct styles are when together as a couple, you will have created a new context.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It's a bad idea because she'll start spending all your hard earned money on clothes ofcourse. Damn trophy wife gold diggers.

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

..does anyone have any experience with YMC pants? Selvedge chinos particularly, but I'll take any feedback..

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Had to unsubscribe from the alden thread since it was popping up in my cp every five minutes due to 98 posts per day.

In other news went to an asian club last night [​IMG]

11. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

yeah, derek is a good guy, well known on sz, used to be at barneys

Seriously, the Atelier people (Derek at least) are some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Amazingly helpful and patient with answering questions and making sure that you're satisfied.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

James is the man.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

Had to unsubscribe from the alden thread since it was popping up in my cp every five minutes due to 98 posts per day.

lol you created a monster. Although I will admit that it is pretty good advertising for Alden to have that thread stay on the first page -- reminds me that need some Alden boots.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

James is the man.

your boy would disagree [​IMG]

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

anyone own these or similar and care to comment? regardless of the two-tone which is pretty subtle, I think theyre versatile enough to be worth with jeans shorts or even chinos..

worst case wear with gray sweatpants.?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.