• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
P1030738Custom.jpg

Something is fucked up here, though. I mean, the photo makes me dizzy. That can't be right.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Gaaah! Disagree. I hope I'm not too far out of bounds here, but at some point, you've got to quit asking yourself what makes these nice jeans look good, and what makes *me* look good. Those jeans aren't doing his teeny legs any favors. It's like someone walked into the store and said, Hey, 'scuse me -- what's the exact pair of jeans to make my legs look as tiny, crisp, and snap-able as a day-old wishbone?

I do have a few pairs of less skinny jeans, but I have like 7 or 8 pairs of the A77 Joeys and they usually win out
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
idk i subscribe to the super skinny look and even wear it myself most days, but i can see how something looks kinda off about the way those pants fit. i think its the super severe taper with the rest of the outfit not being all that slim

I assume you just mean the trench here, just wanted to point out the p2p on that fleece is something like 16.5"
laugh.gif

Thanks for comments, compliments, criticisms

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up a bit...

Originally Posted by nahneun
I like the fit of the peacoat. I don't think it really needs to be taken in.
thanks. Still not sure, but i'll wait till next autumn and decide then.
Originally Posted by pneumo
^^^
love those boots!

Cheers - they make a change from my many pairs of English shoes & boots.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Wearing Inverallan today, plugging Zissou's forumbuy. Click the pic for alts.

Indy after lots of wear. One lace busted, need new ones, where to kop?

Great cardigan, nice look all round.
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
That's the idea.
smile.gif

Nice peacoat (something I want to have someday...). It's difficult to be certain with your hands in your pockets, but I think you're right about having it taken in a little.

Cheers & see above.

Originally Posted by Synthese
as per the thread further down the page, I am going to the store in a bunch of dirty, lived in designer ****. props to Prada_Ferragamo for hooking me up with an incredible KKA cardigan, which looks awesome all the time, but possibly not its best here.
Nice coat.
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
i *truly* appreciate the advice guys

I guess it's almost impossible to mess with the shoulders though. But I'm curious: are they obviously wider than they should be? (not a rhetorical question, just wanted to double check). One thing is that I have a rather large head which would perhaps be accentuated by narrower shoulders. Another thing: the one button on my jacket (unsurprisingly given it's boo) is almost falling off which perhaps had a loosening effect (though I'm not sure). I have some APC XS blazers which have much narrowers shoudlers - I liked how they look at first but later came to be bothered (justifiably or not) by how they kind of accentuated my giant ass head. I'm taking some pictures of me in both jackets, and also in another boo blazer also in size 38. I'm guessing the waist and chest look better on the apc? what about the shoulders though? Any comment (however brief) would be appreciate.
worship.gif

Photos aren't really good enough to give a true judgement, but from what I can see the APC looks a tad big as well. Best fit appears to be the bottom Band jacket, but again the sleeves need shortening a tad.
Originally Posted by volatile

167919_10150372171845082_504990081_16693569_7919197_n.jpg

Very cool.
Originally Posted by johnH123
Peacoat looks good. I'm not a huge fan of those hats but it fits in with the outfit.
Cheers. They definitely need pairing with other maritime based clothing.
Originally Posted by shellshock
yesterday was a weird day...
grrrp.gif

wednesday addams meets the craft. matched my teen angst-y mood.
something along the way made the pic exceptionally **** quality. pin says Bad Apple ^_^

For what it's worth I like the long socks not quite reaching look.
Originally Posted by DLester
LK, MoK, Shell, Synth all good.
Cheers.
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
dsc01518h.jpg

nonnative/gellercp/gellerx2/black&noir

Not a fan of the t-shirt, but the rest looks good.
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
all black just for jet
bless silent prorsum etc. same **** every day

Not my cup of tea, but it's clearly well done.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look at all the new friends you have made noobizor!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jet
shut the **** up

yes do this please

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Why do people think lawyers are eloquent? I promise that as a rule they are not.

Clear and consise beats eloquent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads