• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

le.gentleman

Reaction score
My British Warm overcoat:
britishwarmovercoat08.jpg

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The point of this is to really just show off the shoulder expression.
isaia-1.jpg
It's an unlined cashmere DB with Loro Piana ZENIT Cashmere.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
More of the same ...
3549f228.jpg

Nice and soft. I love the tie with the brown pindot PS.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
P1060406.jpg

While I think you could have a more ideal fit (ie smaller size)with this. I like it's slouchiness. At any rate, much improved over the initial thread on this suit.

Originally Posted by spoozy

SPoozy- Looks great. Would have opted for a difft PS and plain white (or blue shirt), but very nice.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Closeup-59.jpg

^ Nice, TB. I would prefer a plain white shirt, but I understand the need to spice it up now and then.

ndw

Reaction score
Start of snow storm.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
A word of advice: If you like being felt up, start wearing Kent Wang's bi-colored knit ties. Women can't keep their hands off 'em.
(The double-sided cuff links are also from Kent.)

Closeup-59.jpg

That not really could be adjusted better to compensate for that tie space with that type of collar.

RJE

Reaction score
Cary Grant Those shoes are ... um... interesting. They remind me how nice the Cleverley pair is. The shots otherwise don't really let us see much. The pants look a beautiful colour and fabric, and fairly tapered: I don't recall whether tapered is a change for you?

Gnatty http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31015
Gnat, that jacket sure has a firm grip on you... I don't recognize it - fairly new? You must have a couple of dozen patterned SCs. You and UC might make me reconsider my dislike of the FIH.

Flix http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...0731&page=1035
Please pass on my regards to Wooster http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0909/0a/9af22fa5ea6b.jpg (as you're new, I assure you this is not meant in a mean spirit!) Your first combination - the colours and patterns of the shirt/suit/tie/pocket square - was nice. You've worn this suit for your two posts in WAYWRN. Do you have another suit - what colour/pattern? As suggested, the shoes may be worth reconsidering (although I know people who have worn Lloyd's for many years - a bit stiff, but very decent, I think they say. Perhaps as with Church's, not quite as bad as some say).

MBreinin http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...0731&page=1035 I would have gone for a bolder tie (deep greens or reds?) or a white silk PS; the length looks fine. It fits you well, and a chunky tie is great with it. Not so keen on the contrast stitching in the lapel buttonhole, or is it just the flash? In terms of balance, you could probably get away with ½ inch off the length if you really wanted (not saying you should, but that technically it isn't difficult and shouldn't affect the shape too much, just a bit more open perhaps(?)).

Someotherstyle You love those ties. Do you think we'll see you in a strongly patterned jacket/suit some day?
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=30822 The close-up shot: solid-ish (non-brown) tie with that much else going on - you could always try to make the tie textured/chunky I suppose, if you wanted more variety.

Gregaz http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31078 If I had to guess which of your ties you were going to pair with that patterned jacket, I would have guessed exactly those two.

Le.gentleman Not sure about the epaulettes, but the shape and colours are great.

NDW The grey herringbone is beautiful. I must think about a light-coloured overcoat - for snowy days, rather than muddy days
laugh.gif

Jan Your point about the buttons is correct. Yes, it's a bit try-hard. Yes, it looks as if buttons are missing. And yes, the explanation can leave people shaking their head. It is a divisive point on SF.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
NDW The grey herringbone is beautiful. I must think about a light-coloured overcoat - for snowy days, rather than muddy days
laugh.gif

Thx, RJE. It is very soft and very warm. It's only quarter lined.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stoppy
21543438gHl.jpg

21543439FOS.jpg

21543525vWw.jpg

Is ths RLBL? You have some issues around the buttoning point/waist of this jacket.

Originally Posted by RJE
MBreinin http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...0731&page=1035 I would have gone for a bolder tie (deep greens or reds?) or a white silk PS; the length looks fine. It fits you well, and a chunky tie is great with it. Not so keen on the contrast stitching in the lapel buttonhole, or is it just the flash? In terms of balance, you could probably get away with ½ inch off the length if you really wanted (not saying you should, but that technically it isn't difficult and shouldn't affect the shape too much, just a bit more open perhaps(?)).

No flash, that is contrast stitching. I have a deep green silk knit, but I can't warm up to it. I also have a red silk knit, ditto.
lol8[1].gif
I am a blue guy, can't help it.

This jacket is 31 inches BOC. I measured it this morning. I am usually happiest around 30 inches, but my SP is 30.75. I am not tall, only 5-9, so when a jacket is too long I fear the leg chop effect. However, I am not going to mess with this. It is a rarely worn piece and winter will be gone here soon....

Mike

Mike

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
And what does this ooze? A step back on the sartorial stairway to heaven? Or does it get SF-approved?

I think it's too much, Spoozy. Shirt and jacket would've been too much. You add the tie, the PS, the vest and the scarft and it just feels like too much. In other observations - the coat fits you nicely in the waist, but the shoulders seem to be a bit much. Do you live in Mannheim or Frankfurt?

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Someotherstyle You love those ties. Do you think we'll see you in a strongly patterned jacket/suit some day?
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=30822 The close-up shot: solid-ish (non-brown) tie with that much else going on - you could always try to make the tie textured/chunky I suppose, if you wanted more variety.

Unforunately my business tends to be a little more conservative, and I don't often go much bolder because of this. That being said, I have a few things in the works I should receive over the next 6 months - year that will round out some bolder outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics