• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

phaseshift

Reaction score
come on guys post pics of your saddle leathers, with jeans on etc....

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeeeey
I will go for Clarks.

The AE looks like PVC material rather than genuine leather.

Thats just the photo. I think the black seude will only last like a year or so....

theclipper

Reaction score
I'm trying to find an affordable pair of boots to go with my N&F skinny guys, anyone have an opinion on whether the Clark Desert boots would pair well? If not, would you offer any other recommendation? I'm new to all of this and feeling a bit lost.

Thanks

boibleu22

Reaction score
I've always wondered, do slim fitting jeans ride up the back of them?

theclipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Clarks are about as cheap you can get for a nice looking Boot. Easily found under $100... But here is a pretty sweet deal that doesn't require coupon and gift card stacking.

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Origina...5498206&sr=8-1

Get the GREYs

Yeah I have no problem with the price of Clarks or something somewhat pricier, I was just wondering how these boots would work with N&F skinny guys. I just want to get something that's somewhat affordable and will look nice with the jeans I have.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
Thats just the photo. I think the black seude will only last like a year or so....
picked these up 3+ years ago.
cttdb.jpg

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ never seem those before. Of course I didn't even know the existence of Clarks about 2 years ago. Mind sharing some details about those sharpe looking DBs?

gastarbeider

Reaction score
special edition trinidad & tobago stitching. they also had jamaican green and yellow.

oisin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
I hopped on the $57 Amazon deal and my greys arrived today. After a while I figured that they weren't that suede-y at all and I figured they are the distressed grey or saddle grey or some DavidZ ****.

But I highly recommend this color. Goes will with jeans and my khaki chinos. The contrast from the upper and the sole makes it look a little more sneaker-y and familiar so if you're looking for your first pair after 'graduating' from sneakers, give the grey a shot.

The sides of the crepe sole had dirt on it but after I looked around it turns out it is supposed to be like that... Kind of bummed out but the sole is going to get destroyed by me anyway so I don't care.

Interesting. I don't really like the fake dirty sides (quite capable of doing it myself naturally) but I'm trying to figure out any other difference between the $59 Amazon greys and the $95 DavidZ greys. Different/nicer leather on the ones from DavidZ? I was gonna go with the black that they had, but they don't have my size and I think grey may be more versatile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads