• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekend in Montreal

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Hotel Le Crystal and it was nice. It had a seperate sleeping area and a block away from where the Canadiens play.

stylefan2

Reaction score
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps.

David

bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
You have to try Schwartz's Deli. they serve smoked meat and I think its the best anywhere in the world.

quoted for truth

AlexP

Reaction score
I am a Montrealer. Times Supper Club is awful. You should try F Bar, Brasserie-T!, le Hangar, Schwartz, le Local, Tapeo (not downtown though) and Ferreira.

If you need more info on what you should do in Montreal, pm me.

AlexP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylefan2
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps.

David

I don't really like Gibby's, you can find much better for the price. Moishe's is so much better for steak. Europa, are you referring to Europea ? That restaurant is mindblowing.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fairly relevant to the OP, I am planning on setting up my brother's bachelor party in Montreal in July. Was looking at two companies that put together the bachelor party plans for you. montrealvip.com and montrealnitelifetravel.com

First off, anybody have any idea if these places are legit and/or worth it?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Fairly relevant to the OP, I am planning on setting up my brother's bachelor party in Montreal in July. Was looking at two companies that put together the bachelor party plans for you. montrealvip.com and montrealnitelifetravel.com

First off, anybody have any idea if these places are legit and/or worth it?

Why would you need to pay someone to set up a bachelor party?

If you're doing the typical bro party, it means dinner, dive bar, strip club, then maybe a nightclub or another bar. You don't really need to organize that.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylefan2
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps. David
Gibby's is god awful. ****** meat with horrendous sides served by morbidly obese habitant middle aged women. I cannot think of a more awful place to spend like $50.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Why would you need to pay someone to set up a bachelor party?

If you're doing the typical bro party, it means dinner, dive bar, strip club, then maybe a nightclub or another bar. You don't really need to organize that.

Yeah good point. I guess I was just thinking going to a city I had never been I wouldn't know any good spots to go. Having someone else plan it all would be easy but then again how hard is it to ask the concierge at the hotel or something which strip clubs and bars are good. Plus internet forums are good for that too.
biggrin.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah good point. I guess I was just thinking going to a city I had never been I wouldn't know any good spots to go. Having someone else plan it all would be easy but then again how hard is it to ask the concierge at the hotel or something which strip clubs and bars are good. Plus internet forums are good for that too.
biggrin.gif

What's your budget, what kind of guys are you with?

Would be very easy to make an itinerary from that in about 5 minutes.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crowd is going to be a bit diverse. We have two guys who are still in school (one in law school, one in undergrad) who are both getting married this year as well so they have little money to spend. A few of us are at six figures or close to it, and two guys are ****** paid school teachers.
biggrin.gif
Some guys wouldn't mind spending something in the 4 digits while others would cringe at spending over $400 either because they simply can't afford it or are cheap.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to a new place on St. Denis (corner Rachel) for NYE in MTL called Le Hachoir and was pleasantly surprised. Nice steak tartare and cool meat dishes (I had a tourtiere that was delicious) with nice decor and atmosphere. It turns out the place is owned by a guy I know who used to be a doorman at Disalvio's (a club I hung out in the late '80s/early '90s) - Alain. Nice guy and even offered us drinks on the house.

I will echo Medwards rec since i also had lunch at L'Express and it still rocks - best croque monsieur this side of the Atlantic - it's one of the few places I miss about MTL.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crowd is going to be a bit diverse. We have two guys who are still in school (one in law school, one in undergrad) who are both getting married this year as well so they have little money to spend. A few of us are at six figures or close to it, and two guys are ****** paid school teachers.
biggrin.gif

Some guys wouldn't mind spending something in the 4 digits while others would cringe at spending over $400 either because they simply can't afford it or are cheap.

I mean it's very easy to just go bar hopping in montreal... you don't really need a plan. I don't like strip clubs but if I were you I'd avoid **** like Super Sexe. I think Mum Boucher's place is supposed to be the best.. Chez Paree.

Stay at the W or something. It's really easy to go out in Montreal. You can get in pretty much anywhere if you're getting bottle service so lines are irrelevant. It also isn't that expensive, but $400 would not be as easy (though totally doable if you want to... but they might have to be subsidized by the older guys if you want to go to nicer places)

Easter

Reaction score
KAZU
KAZU
KAZU

on Ste. Catherine, there's a very good reason why there's a big lineup in front every weekend. One of the best and most unique Japanese food you'll ever have.

Don't go for steak, for all the restaurants it has Montreal is ****** for steaks.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Kamasutra. It's a little small but I had fun. A friend who lives there mentioned positive things about Solid Gold but I never went so I can't speak from first hand experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads