• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

artoftime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I am in full agreeance my **** is so far from on point today it's not even funny.
laugh.gif

You still look 90% better than 90% of men walking around in NYC today.
(Nice shoes)

Walking Wardrobe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I really like this look. The rocker style scarf tie and red trou go better together than the Spoo's tweed and red combo (sorry Spoo). But, (FWIW), I think it would better with some "cleaning up", e.g. tuck your shirt, button the cuffs and keep trouser hems over boots. It would still have the Dashing Rogue look, just more streamlined.

Parker I agree with what you say as a fan of fine fitting clothes, some times though the beast must be let loose, maybe this is how you should look by the end of the night? Whilst starting proceedings like you have stated.

Duco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
I think the taper in pants is going to be around for a while. Every European I see has made a major investment in it. From suits to casual.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
8.75"

It is not very wide, of course. I think that 8 inches, which is not a large difference in width, would make quite a distance in how the total outfit looks. Do you have any pants that are tapered to 8''?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
I would like to see these trousers and shoes worn in early spring with a navy blazer (non-brass buttons) and light-blue shirt sans tie.

i approve this message

Originally Posted by yfyf

i want that jacket ... and well played with the socks. purple and grey is almost always a win.

Originally Posted by Diavolo
It may be the lighting but I think the contrast between the jacket and the shirt is way too stark. Darker camel coat and lighter blue shirt would look better. Shoes are nice but the herringbone pattern pants are unnecessary with a semi-business outfit.

inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by artoftime
You still look 90% better than 90% of men walking around in NYC today.
(Nice shoes)

G, if this is true, I feel bad for the city of NY

Originally Posted by Walking Wardrobe
Parker I agree with what you say as a fan of fine fitting clothes, some times though the beast must be let loose, maybe this is how you should look by the end of the night? Whilst starting proceedings like you have stated.

A bottle of Patron would achieve those results
laugh.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duco
It is not very wide, of course. I think that 8 inches, which is not a large difference in width, would make quite a distance in how the total outfit looks. Do you have any pants that are tapered to 8''?

Yes, my Borrelli pants are 8", and I don't ever wear them because I don't like the drumstick effect (since I have a fairly big ass). 0.75" is actually a dramatic difference. Through trial and error I decided on 8.75" for all my office pants.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
83c63243.jpg

Hate the slacks, Spoo, but that's just my own baggage talkin'. The shirt, on the other hand, is awesome, although it's a bit strong with that SC. Even the solid tie is not quite steady enough to bring it all in for a safe landing.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
But, with the TB aesthetic today, highwaters work.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by mossrockss
It took a few seconds to figure out you didn't mean tuberculosis but instead thom browne...

That ain't the only "TB aesthetic" around here, bub.
fight[1].gif

Originally Posted by TRINI
His name was Robert Paulson.
Ahem. We do not have names in Project Mayhem.

Duco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Yes, my Borrelli pants are 8", and I don't ever wear them because I don't like the drumstick effect (since I have a fairly big ass). 0.75" is actually a dramatic difference. Through trial and error I decided on 8.75" for all my office pants.
Yes, I meant not a big difference in actual width but quite some difference in the way it looks. Do you have any WAYWRN's online in which you are wearing one of these pants? Before I start searching. @Orgetorix: Like the outfit but I would never wear a tie with jeans, speaking about your jeans. You maybe need a skinnier pair of jeans. Isn't your jacket too tight? And maybe a tad too short?
wink.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duco
Yes, I meant not a big difference in actual width but quite some difference in the way it looks.
Do you have any WAYWRN's online in which you are wearing one of these pants? Before I start searching.

No, I haven't posted pics of those pants because I think they look terrible. Lol. I appreciate your comments but I specified 8.75" because that's what I prefer. It's not a matter of not having tried it or not understanding the look you are hoping to see. More tapered pants are just not to my taste. Maybe some of the guys who have seen me walking around Downtown Houston will chime in and let us know if they think my pants are out of balance/proportion with my jackets.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TC,you will have to take a video of you walking in downtown Houston and post for us to approve the leg opening width of your pants
lol8[1].gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
TC,you will have to take a video of you walking in downtown Houston and post for us to approve the leg opening width of your pants
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
WAYWRN goes 3D ...

He has to do it like this:

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Copy.jpg
DSCF6857.jpg
DSCF6847-Copy.jpg
crop-1.jpg
DSCF6850.jpg

Predicting comments:
- Some people will say no tie with jeans.
- Some people will say I need skinnier jeans.
- PG will say my jacket is too tight and too short.
laugh.gif

Said with love, my first impression was "Burly Peewee Herman"
wink.gif

The scale of the jacket and tie look very small against your frame. That particular blue doesn't sit all that well against pink.
I don't generally agree with the "never wear dark trousers against light sport coat" but these denims could make me change my mind.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads