• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car do you drive?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard_sal
In the winter or when I need a beater:

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

In the summer and when I want something nicer:

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

At the track or when I need a fancier beater:

12.jpg

drool.gif

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
worship.gif

edit: you are a man's man. a man who tells women to **** off when they ask, "why do you have three of the same car?"

nod[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They are not exactly the same but my wife has asked why I need three cars.

If you ask her she will tell you:
One is too nice to drive every day
One is too fast and abusive to drive every day
and the last one would be a bit boring if it was all that there was to drive.

haha. Yeah I know, I've had 2 E30's before myself. Are those Kamei lids on the hellrot?

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
She is Zinnoberrot and commonly known as Frau Cinnabombe, 245K miles, most of them on the race track. Soon she will be a dedicated club racer. I believe that the grill is a Kamei grill with eyelids. This winter she gets a new M3T spec motor, rebuilt close ratio transmission, race spec 4 clutch, asymmetric ramp angles, 3.91 racing differential, and a JRZ suspension. I am debating about the cage and racing seats but after that there is almost no chance she will ever be a street car again. I am not 100% committed to club racing maybe HPDE will be enough for me for the rest of my life, but I doubt it. I just put in new strut tubes and adjustable Koni's (frt and back) on the iX, what an improvement over the Blilly HDs. Next step will be centered M3 control arm bushings. Tighten the old girl up a bit.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
haha. Yeah I know, I've had 2 E30's before myself. Are those Kamei lids on the hellrot?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She is Zinnoberrot and commonly known as Frau Cinnabombe, 245K miles, most of them on the race track. Soon she will be a dedicated club racer. I believe that the grill is a Kamei grill with eyelids.

This winter she gets a new M3T spec motor, rebuilt close ratio transmission, race spec 4 clutch, asymmetric ramp angles, 3.91 racing differential, and a JRZ suspension. I am debating about the cage and racing seats but after that there is almost no chance she will ever be a street car again. I am not 100% committed to club racing maybe HPDE will be enough for me for the rest of my life, but I doubt it.

I just put in new strut tubes and adjustable Koni's (frt and back) on the iX, what an improvement over the Blilly HDs. Next step will be centered M3 control arm bushings. Tighten the old girl up a bit.

I sold my last E30 about two years ago and that was a mistake. I hate you because you still have three of them.
wink.gif

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
People buy e30s because they are "cheap" but they are far from cheap shitbox cars. They are so well designed with every control aimed at the driver that they should be studied for how cars were meant to be built. Not to mention that they are the last (technically the e34s are last) production cars from BMW designed using hand calculations. The chasis and engines are way over engineered and foregiving. You have to be a ham handed dolt behind the wheel to screw up in a stock e30.

I do not advocate anyone owning the three rare birds that I own. Two M-sport motors and one all-wheel drive is not the cheapest way to own three e30s.

billsayers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lizard23
IMG_3736.jpg

2010 Audi A4 in Meteor Grey

I had a 2006 Audi A4...worst car EVER. Luckily it was a 24-month lease and I was counting down the days for the term to expire.

I am done with Entry-Luxury models as a whole...they are all pretty much the automotive equivalent of Hugo Boss suits.

In my opinion, the MB C-Class, BMW 3-Series (best of the bunch), Audi A4, Lexus IS, Infiniti G, Acura TL portray an image I do not want to associate with.

For the record, I now drive a popular midsize car and couldn't be any happier with it.

bck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by billsayers
I had a 2006 Audi A4...worst car EVER. Luckily it was a 24-month lease and I was counting down the days for the term to expire.

I am done with Entry-Luxury models as a whole...they are all pretty much the automotive equivalent of Hugo Boss suits.

In my opinion, the MB C-Class, BMW 3-Series (best of the bunch), Audi A4, Lexus IS, Infiniti G, Acura TL portray an image I do not want to associate with.

For the record, I now drive a popular midsize car and couldn't be any happier with it.

I know two people who had similar experiences. One drove a 3-series and ended up driving an accord. The other recently switched from an A4 to a 2011 Sonata. Both couldn't be happier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads