1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by cartisdm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. JasonCali

JasonCali Active Member

Here you go. I took these today. '10 Bentley Flying Spur Speed (Havana Duo tone exterior and tannish/cognac interior).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I'm surprised you didn't find a way to integrate your Amex black card into one of those photos. [​IMG]

3. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

I'm surprised you didn't find a way to integrate your Amex black card into one of those photos. [​IMG]

It's there, but it's tough to see.... it's like one of those Where's Waldo things.

4. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

'93 Land Cruiser (80 series), stock pic

[​IMG]

'05 Mercedes S65 AMG (W220), stock pic

[​IMG]

5. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

'93 Land Cruiser (80 series), stock pic

[​IMG]

I"m just curious - is this a very reliable car? I've always heard legends but I want the truth from a real owner.

6. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

I"m just curious - is this a very reliable car? I've always heard legends but I want the truth from a real owner.

Haha, is the sky blue?

The legends are quite accurate since the car has phenomenal reliability. I've spent less than $600 on it in the 16 years my family has had it.

It had about 30k on the odometer when we bought it, and we've driven it ~250k miles ourselves.

We bought the overseas model with a manual tranny, diesel engine with a reserve fuel tank, and a higher lift for true off-road driving. From -40 F in Alaska to 115 F in Death valley, it has never failed us.

The 100 and 200 series Land Cruisers don't hold a candle to the old ones IMO.

7. X-It

X-It Senior member

I enjoy riding a becak, bajaj and bemo! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

That Land Cruiser is great. My grandparents used to have one of those, took it back from Africa after spending a couple of years there. They also got it fitted with a snorkel.
    I remember really loving that car, because it was so large and cool and had a diesel engine and 4x4. I don't think I was older than 5 or 6 years.

The S65 is a sick car. It's about 600 hp, right?

9. suginami

suginami Member

To work I drive a Volvo XC70 Cross Country, but on weekends I drive a 1972 Mercedes 280SE 4.5, aka The Red Baron.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

To work I drive a Volvo XC70 Cross Country, but on weekends I drive a 1972 Mercedes 280SE 4.5, aka The Red Baron.

I've always sort of lusted after these. I'd love to have one. Does this one have the air bag suspension, or was that one of the other models?

11. suginami

suginami Member

I've always sort of lusted after these. I'd love to have one. Does this one have the air bag suspension, or was that one of the other models?

The 280 series cars (W108 chassis), all had the regular coil spring suspension.

The 300 series cars (W109 chassis), which is the same body style, had the air bag suspension.

12. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Ya know I was seriously thinking of trading one of my cars for one of these. [​IMG]

13. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

14. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

I own one of this among others , limited series, 220 hp . Old kick turbo. 1998

Impressive sound and super stylish interior and seats.

Lancia delta

http://www.integrale.nl/gallery/slid...aDeltaTurboHPE

Wish I could get lancia here[​IMG]

15. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

16. suginami

suginami Member

Ya know I was seriously thinking of trading one of my cars for one of these. [​IMG]

They drive pretty nice for a 40 year old car. The 4.5 liter V8 is a nice motor. It is a single overhead cam design, with Bosch D-Jet electronic fuel injection. I get about 12 mpg in town, and 15 mpg on the highway.

17. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Wish I could get lancia here[​IMG]

I have read that never were homologated in America. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well the brand could be studied in some MBA as how to sink a triumphant brand.

As Lancia was like the Audi of the 80s and 90s and now is nothing. The new Delta is horrible so you don't loose anything.

Do you have Fiat or Alfa? Alfa is pretty good nowadays.

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Land Cruiser/S65 pairing is great.

19. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

That Land Cruiser is great. My grandparents used to have one of those, took it back from Africa after spending a couple of years there. They also got it fitted with a snorkel.
    I remember really loving that car, because it was so large and cool and had a diesel engine and 4x4. I don't think I was older than 5 or 6 years.

The S65 is a sick car. It's about 600 hp, right?

Yep, something about the old Land Cruisers hints at a kind of timelessness few cars can achieve.

Thanks man, I bought it for a steal when the newer S-class came out. Specs are: 604 bhp, 738 lb-ft torque, and 0-62mph in about 4.2 seconds.

20. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

Land Cruiser/S65 pairing is great.

Thanks. You get the best of both worlds in one of the best and most reliable 4x4s ever made in addition to an incredibly fast and powerful sedan.