• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best White v-neck tees??

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird thing that might work: I've noticed that when i wear a hanes v a size too small as an undershirt, at the end of the day it's stretched out to fit perfectly. This spring i might try wearing a small shirt to sleep and seeing what i get in the morning. Could be kinda grungy though...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Best ones would be those that are soft, fit slouchy and longer than usual none of this tight ass bullshit.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Best ones would be those that are soft, fit slouchy and longer than usual none of this tight ass bullshit.

Word. Only problem is that's hard as hell to find. Name names, Jet. I have two from Spurr which are perfect for hot summer days, but the V is a bit deep for winter use.

Walking Man

Reaction score
Depending on what you're looking for American Apparel has some nice shirts. I like the 25/50/25 blend shirt. It's unbelievably comfortable and looks the same no matter how many times you wash it. The only negative is that the shirt attracts a lot of heat when out in the sun.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried them all.

The Nordstrom Supima cotton V-Necks are the best. Well made, great fabric and fit right.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Word. Only problem is that's hard as hell to find. Name names, Jet. I have two from Spurr which are perfect for hot summer days, but the V is a bit deep for winter use.
you try geller and yamaguchi? i only have crews but will probably pick some up in spring i swear I'm bout to make my own, nice necks for both bigger than usual not too big, thin ribbing but not too thin, drapey, soft, thin but not sheer, and long antifit

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any white V-necks from Geller. Do his mainline T's fit oversized? I'm a 54/44 and the largest size he makes is 52, so...

And I would cop Jet brand Ts.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I wear l in his mainline (i dont think they're seconds but i could be wrong), the med worked but i didn't like the fit which is what everyone here likes so sized up to l which looked perfect and I think they do xl iirc...guchi runs big too which is perfect, i like my tees about 22 across or so and that's an l

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
wholesale suggestions/dismissals of t-shirts based on fit is moronic. People have different heights/body sizes. Buy a bunch and find the ones that work best for you after washing--Gap/Br/AA/Alt A/Uniqlo/Hanes/BDG/J.Crew/random dept store brands. Go to a mall, make a day of it, especially if you're wearing them as a staple in your wardrobe. Finding a perfect fitting V-neck is an excellent feeling.

(I wear a random nordstrom's brand called public opinion)

Good points and an excellent summary of why "Best fitting _____" threads should be insta-deleted. And about sizing up shirts (jet)- I don't like this. I know exactly what you mean, but I don't like the look of sized up slim shirts. It never looks as good as something that is cut to drape that way

wjeff

Reaction score
i get all my v-necks from club monaco. in addition to black and white, they have different colors each season

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Attachment has been my favorite v-neck so far. About $75.

2. I have a wjk v-neck coming that I have I high hopes for. About $50.

3. Alternative Apparel has a real nice fit. But the fabric is very thin, causing the white shirts to be nearly see thru! Otherwise the shirts are above average for the price. About $10.

Unfortunately it is difficult to find a readily available supply of higher end shirts of this type. Stuff like the Attachment white tees for FW10 were only available within a short time window before being sold out at most shops.

madmadigan

Reaction score
J. Crew. Nice plain white v-neck. Pretty nice cut, and I think they might offer a slim one for guys that want that (not sure if it's online only though). Think these are $19 each.

John Varvatos. Makes a few different ones. I've got one that's just a plain v-neck. Some have a few button snap. Not cheap, think around $50- $75 but they are a little thicker and slubby.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads