• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best White v-neck tees??

East2West

Reaction score
Alternative Apparel. They're so light, soft and fall perfectly for wearing as non-undergarment

chinoguy

Reaction score
As long as you're wearing it under a blazer or something, the quality/brand doesn't matter. No one will notice.

Just make sure the material is a bit thick so it doesn't look like an undergarment.

Simplicio

Reaction score
I've worn American Apparel V-necks for years. I chose them originally because the vee seems to be about the right length for an open-necked shirt. I've found that they also hold up reasonably well against wear and repeated washings in hot bleach.

word

Reaction score
the br ones are too short for me and im only 5'8. kinda weird.

I've liked the slim fit j crew ones they got recently. Colors are kinda muted but since you're after white its fine. I imagine for spring they will have different colors to pick.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you can manage to find them next level apparel makes solid tees and great fits too.
i have a couple from club monaco the fit is weird.
im gonna expirament with hanes i hear they are ok

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wholesale suggestions/dismissals of t-shirts based on fit is moronic. People have different heights/body sizes. Buy a bunch and find the ones that work best for you after washing--Gap/Br/AA/Alt A/Uniqlo/Hanes/BDG/J.Crew/random dept store brands. Go to a mall, make a day of it, especially if you're wearing them as a staple in your wardrobe. Finding a perfect fitting V-neck is an excellent feeling.

(I wear a random nordstrom's brand called public opinion)

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
the br ones are too short for me and im only 5'8. kinda weird.

I've liked the slim fit j crew ones they got recently. Colors are kinda muted but since you're after white its fine. I imagine for spring they will have different colors to pick.

J. Crew basics start out good but after about 2 washes they lose shape and start looking like you've owned them for a year.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
wholesale suggestions/dismissals of t-shirts based on fit is moronic. People have different heights/body sizes. Buy a bunch and find the ones that work best for you after washing--Gap/Br/AA/Alt A/Uniqlo/Hanes/BDG/J.Crew/random dept store brands. Go to a mall, make a day of it, especially if you're wearing them as a staple in your wardrobe. Finding a perfect fitting V-neck is an excellent feeling.

(I wear a random nordstrom's brand called public opinion)

yeah this is very true, you should look at several different brands and find the one that fits you best

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally Gap's "perfect V" fits me pretty well - what's more the whites are slightly thicker and seem to hold their shape better than colors, so double win.

But yeah - just about any basic brand will work, just depends on your body type and preference.

Gap Perfect V - 6', 190lbs. Size large.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the summer I'm always rocking a white v-neck and can say that Alternative Apparel perfect v is by far the best for fit. They have some problems with durability, but kill everyone as far as fit goes. I really want to like American Apparel and they used to be my go to for a lot of shirts (never v-necks) but they just cut things too weird (super thin through the body, too tight in the neck, and too long in the body and sleeves). Good luck though in your search. To be honest, I still don't think anyone's made the perfect t-shirt in any price range.

MaxK

Reaction score
Another vote for Uniqlo. I'm a short (5'7") slim (140lb) guy with broad shoulders and a very athletic build. I find that the Uniqlo in medium fits great, feels great, and wears much better than the Hanes.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
i like the 2xist pimas esp when they go on sale for $12. other ones ive had, the neck gets misshapen except those.

eternaldrake

Reaction score
im still trying to find a good one myself. the best ive found so far is uniqlo xs v-necks, but they fit a bit longer and a wee bit looser than i would like (5'9 145). alternative apparel small crews also fit me good but i dont care for how deep the v on their v necks are

the search goes on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads