• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
entry to 2010 waywt contest (since it can be any pic from 2010!):

2gt7x8y.jpg
23lm5nn.jpg

2efkpq9.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle

Jacket and sweater: casual but with "presence". Chenille makes it outstanding. Nice photo shot, too.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
entry to 2010 waywt contest (since it can be any pic from 2010!):
2gt7x8y.jpg
23lm5nn.jpg
2efkpq9.jpg
Im glad you picked this one, it was one of my favorites from you. Come on the rest of you! Where are ya?
smile.gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
ndw, can you comment on the Ring Jacket a bit? What's the make and cut like? how much handwork? buttonholes? have been admiring the shape and shoulders of their stuff, but would rather get it in two button fronts.

Foxx (My caveat) This suit is the only experience I have with any of their products so my comments only address the quality of this particular model.

I am very pleased with the overall quality and product. I would compare it, in terms of handwork and attention to detail etc., in line with the high end RTW makers that are admired here. That said, I think the price (I am talking full retail) is pretty reasonable when comparing it with these makers.

From what I can tell, the button holes are hand attached - in terms of the amount of overall handwork- I am not sure. I particularly like the collar, shoulders, and shape of the coat OTR, although, I have to say it is a more unique cut than I have encountered in the initial, unaltered product (there was much more shaping in the waist). I like that they leave plenty of seam allowance in the coat and pants to allow for alterations, although, in the coat they aren't as generous with the allowance in the lining.

I can only speak to my own experience, but the collar grips the neck nicely and the shoulders pitch forward slightly, which works for me and the way my arms hang. I dont think there is any actual padding in the shoulders, but the shoulder is not completely "soft" and the waterfall sleeves are very subtle (sorry -dont know the terminology). The armholes are nice and high and the sleeves are pretty slim, but the overall all feel of the jacket is great. There seems to be more "room" in the chest than I am used to relative to the shoulder width and waist. I believe the coat is also fully canvassed.

I would certainly recommend their product to anyone and The armoury was a fantastic help, which made me much more comfortable taking a chance. I am sure they would be happy to give you more information (and they were not pushy in any way), and they are certainly much more knowledgable about the overall product.

Hope that was somewhat helpful - Happy New Year!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is what I feel best exemplifies what I would consider "my style":
IMG_7418.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

Not quite MC, not quite SW, but...its from Fall 2009, so if the judges won't accept this, I'll try this:
IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

From last spring...a little more elegant than the previous pics. I'm certain I won't get many votes for this simply because I'm wearing jeans and a sportcoat (double breasted even in the second submission), but I feel these best encapsulate how I would dress on a regular basis should I be fortunate enough to win the lottery and not have to work! Good luck fellas, and be thankful I didn't break out the Grey Three Piece I just had made! LOL Happy New Year boys!

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some great shots here, too many to quote anything in particular. It's going to be a tough contest.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here's a new shot from me. I wanted to do something really "now", something trendy, something fashion forward. The type of thing being embraced by such designers and labels as Thom Browne, Brooks Brothers Black Fleece, and Moncler Gamme Bleu.

2010-12-31a.jpg

2010-12-31b.jpg

trad.gif

All my wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year! And thanks for all your assistance and advice getting my style on track.
smile.gif

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
yfyf-2010-12-31-s.jpg

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
This is what I feel best exemplifies what I would consider "my style"
confused.gif
Ranger, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems that your 2010 favorites are my least favorite. I am usually a major fan of your style and I wish you'd have chosen an outfit for which I could have rooted....

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
confused.gif
Ranger, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems that your 2010 favorites are my least favorite. I am usually a major fan of your style and I wish you'd have chosen an outfit for which I could have rooted....

LOL, no worries...I know SF won't get behind my selections, but i wanted something that best represented me and my personality...its a lot easier to throw on a tie and look nice, but in these outfits I felt my most comfortable. Maybe its because I've been off for a week and a half and my mind is in vacation mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads