• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirkland Signature dress pants

saiyar1

Reaction score
For all you Costco members out there, Costco just got their wool dress pants in stock. The great news: They are now more modern, but still very well made in Italy. They are slimmer and flat front. I saw black, navy, brown, light grey, and dark grey.

They are fantastic and a great price at $39.99. Picked up the navy, dark grey and brown.

*#..

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I might have to try them out next time I'm at Costco. I can always return if I don't like them. Thank god for Costco's amazing return policy.
smile.gif

saiyar1

Reaction score
I've read your threads. Most are plain rude.

Are you mad that you work in a men's store, yet Costco can carry high quality items at a better value?

Smart people realize where to find a bargain and quality, no matter where it may be sold...

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
I've read your threads. Most are plain rude.

Are you mad that you work in a men's store, yet Costco can carry high quality items at a better value?

Smart people realize where to find a bargain and quality, no matter where it may be sold...

People shouldn't buy clothing in a grocery store.

What next?

Should people buy shoes in a bakery? Or underwear at a butcher shop? Or TVs at a bespoke tailor shop?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
People shouldn't buy clothing in a grocery store. What next? Should people buy shoes in a bakery? Or underwear at a butcher shop? Or TVs at a bespoke tailor shop?
Well, wasn't Southwick offering MTM at Costco a couple weeks ago? Nevertheless, "Made in Italy" doesn't mean that a pair of pants is well made. There are lots of Chinese factories that have set up shop in Italy just for the label rights. I doubt that Costco Kirkland contracts out to a reputable firm like Lorenzini or Corneliani just as RL does.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Well, wasn't Southwick offering MTM at Costco a couple weeks ago?

You're joking, I hope. (BTW, I've never heard of Southwick before tonight.)

Originally Posted by jrd617

Nevertheless, "Made in Italy" doesn't mean that a pair of pants is well made. There are lots of Chinese factories that have set up shop in Italy just for the label rights.

I doubt that Costco Kirkland contracts out to a reputable firm like Lorenzini or Corneliani like RL does.

I never said Costco pants are good. When did I say Costco pants are good?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

saiyar1

Reaction score
Yup, they say they are made in Italy. There are also others sold there not made in Italy and don't feel as nice. Either way, I think they are great pants.

Also, if your only reasoning to bang your head on the wall is because Costco is a "grocery store", then think about this:

1) Costco sells a wide variety of things, including jewelry, electronics, food, household supplies, books, music, DVD, pharmacy items, and eye wear.

2) Even if Costco sold only food item and these pants, you're telling me that you wouldn't buy a great pant there JUST BECAUSE IT WASN'T a man's clothing store? That's completely idiotic. If it's a good price and good quality, why be a brand whore? Or worse, a snob who would pay more elsewhere just to feel elitist?

I don't think the point of this site is to put others down, especially on baseless or irrational thinking.

*#..

Reaction score
People shouldn't buy clothing in a grocery store.

What next?

Should people buy shoes in a bakery? Or underwear at a butcher shop? Or TVs at a bespoke tailor shop?

Yeah, I was thinking
uhoh.gif
when I saw the title, but it really wouldn't hurt to look at them. Costco's awesome, but I really wouldn't wear anything from there aside from their white tshirts for the gym, home, etc. At worst, they're crappy quality, OP is told to return them, and he learns from the experience.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're joking, I hope. (BTW, I've never heard of Southwick before tonight.)

FYI: There was a post a few years back stating that their local Costco was selling Zegna mainline dress shirts and had pics to back it up.

What's wrong with Costco? Mine has a great selection of very high-end watches, as well as nice furniture, DVDs and books among other things. I have a set of Kirkland (Costco's in-store label) sheets and they're held up very well over the past 3 years. Paid $50 for them. I've seen the trousers in question on a few occasions, and while I didn't purchase them or inspect them very closely, they appeared to be an excellent deal for the price. Much better than department store garbage at the same price. Probably on par with J. Crew, Brooks Bros, etc.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Mine has a great selection of very high-end watches, as well as nice furniture...

There is nothing high-end about any of those watches nor is the furniture particularly nice.

And the food and vitamins are not cheap, despite being bulk packaged. While waiting for my film to be developed yesterday I walked around and priced two dozen random grocery items which I usually buy in other stores. Meat, produce, and wine all cost more at Costco. Dry and canned goods were about equal price brand-for-brand, Sometimes 10-20% cheaper, sometimes 10-20% more expensive. Dress shirts, socks, etc. were about the same as can be found at J.C. Pennies or Macy's right now. Those stores will let you try them on first.

Their eyeglasses are fairly priced compared to my other options in town. And they are one of the few remaining places to get film developed without sending it out.

Good deals can be found at Costco, but there is nothing intrinsically "quality" or "value" about the store, and a smart shopper will do the math and pay attention.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads