• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirkland Signature dress pants

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mudhiker
There is nothing high-end about any of those watches nor is the furniture particularly nice.

And the food and vitamins are not cheap, despite being bulk packaged. While waiting for my film to be developed yesterday I walked around and priced two dozen random grocery items which I usually buy in other stores. Meat, produce, and wine all cost more at Costco. Dry and canned goods were about equal price brand-for-brand, Sometimes 10-20% cheaper, sometimes 10-20% more expensive. Dress shirts, socks, etc. were about the same as can be found at J.C. Pennies or Macy's right now. Those stores will let you try them on first.

Their eyeglasses are fairly priced compared to my other options in town. And they are one of the few remaining places to get film developed without sending it out.

Good deals can be found at Costco, but there is nothing intrinsically "quality" or "value" about the store, and a smart shopper will do the math and pay attention.

My local Costco had a JLC Reverso for sale for about six months. Most of the watches are not a great deal, though.

I agree with you about the price of vegetables and most food. I generally just buy Chobani yogurt from them. It is the only place to get it for less than $1 ea.

I have 5 pairs of Kirkland signature FF pants and they have been great.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is nothing high-end about any of those watches nor is the furniture particularly nice.

Whoa. How do you know which watches his local Costco carries?

saiyar1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
At worst, they're crappy quality, OP is told to return them, and he learns from the experience.

They are not crappy quality in my opinion and the price is great. Never asked for approval, only trying to help others that are interested. No lesson to be learned and nothing will be returned just because someone differs in opinion. Thanks though. If people come here recommending a non-top of the line brand, it doesn't mean they are a beginner and need schooling. It means they liked something and want to help others.

Originally Posted by Jekyll
Do they come in a 30 waist?

Sorry, I believe the smallest they come in in 32.

Good deals can be found at Costco, but there is nothing intrinsically "quality" or "value" about the store, and a smart shopper will do the math and pay attention.

Agreed, Costco can be a great value for the right people. No one said everything they possibly sell is the best price. I would argue, at least in the different areas I've lived in, Costco is generally a value store. If you buy bulk then you get a better price. Again, I've found products at better prices elsewhere also, but for me it hasn't been excessively reoccuring. Congrats that you found a place cheaper though.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Can I get a bespoke pair?

I know you're trolling. But, no, they are RTW.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
are these like flannels, or something dressier?

No they are not flannel, they are a thinner wool. Can be worn in the dressiest occasions calling for a pair of trousers. No strange design or pattern in the cloth.

I especially like them because they are flat front now and a bit slimmer. Not Jil Sander slim though. Perfect if you ask me. I had the older pleated and cuffed ones. While I loved those at the price, they were more generously cut and these now fit even nicer on me.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
My local Costco had a JLC Reverso for sale for about six months. Most of the watches are not a great deal, though.

Yea I agree with some of you guys on this point. One thing I've realized is this: For super high end pieces, as an SF'er I tend to troll the B/S section, ebay, etc. and I'm willing to wait it out. But for life in general it's pretty inconcievable to do that, and Costco give you the option of picking up stuff at a price you can live with (especially on items you're not trying to price compare that much).

Jay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
I especially like them because they are flat front now and a bit slimmer. Not Jil Sander slim though. Perfect if you ask me. I had the older pleated and cuffed ones. While I loved those at the price, they were more generously cut and these now fit even nicer on me.

When you get a chance, can you let me know the measurement of the leg opening?

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
No they are not flannel, they are a thinner wool. Can be worn in the dressiest occasions calling for a pair of trousers. No strange design or pattern in the cloth.

Will have to check them out. I like flat front + slim fit.

Sorry about the attitude earlier. Getting the "you should shop at Costco" from friends and family all the time feels like being proselytized by a cult. And they love to drop "I bought it at Costco" as if it somehow makes them cultured, intelligent, and sophisticated. It's a store. They sell stuff.

At least we don't have a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe's around here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Regarding watches, it all depends upon the Costco. I believe Costco contracts out their jewelry to many different companies so there's no real uniformity of inventory across the country.

I've seen Pateks at my local Costco (the actual Kirkland store). They always have Omegas and Breitling (yes, arguable whether they're high-end but I think they'd fit most people's definition). Prices have never been what I'd call a good deal.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Regarding watches, it all depends upon the Costco. I believe Costco contracts out their jewelry to many different companies so there's no real uniformity of inventory across the country.

I've seen Pateks at my local Costco (the actual Kirkland store). They always have Omegas and Breitling (yes, arguable whether they're high-end but I think they'd fit most people's definition). Prices have never been what I'd call a good deal.

Ah. Just a couple Movado, Tissot, Tag Hauer, and tons of Invictas here on the stupid side of the mountains.

Dunvegan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
People shouldn't buy clothing in a grocery store.

What next?

Should people buy shoes in a bakery? Or underwear at a butcher shop? Or TVs at a bespoke tailor shop?

Not to sound like a bastard, but does that mean I shouldn't buy cloting at Macy's or Bloomies, either?

saiyar1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay
When you get a chance, can you let me know the measurement of the leg opening?

Leg opening is 9"

Will have to check them out. I like flat front + slim fit.

Sorry about the attitude earlier. Getting the "you should shop at Costco" from friends and family all the time feels like being proselytized by a cult. And they love to drop "I bought it at Costco" as if it somehow makes them cultured, intelligent, and sophisticated. It's a store. They sell stuff.

At least we don't have a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe's around here.

Lol no problem. Actually since they carry such a wide variety of stuff, you can get some not so great stuff there too.

jussumguy

Reaction score
So how's the cut and fit on these? More like Brooks Brothers, or more like Jos A Banks?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting... Do you know if it's 100% or a poly blend?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are available at Costco in Canada?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads