• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dan Trepanier is More Stylish Than YOU!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those look like really tiny cuff links in the first photo.

In the photos I've seen he looks good. Quite peacockish, but no more than some of the younger posters on this forum, like woeisme -- I don't see you guys calling him a douche.

His blog says he works in the fashion industry. I wonder if that means he's a "style consultant".

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I am referring to the fact that he got a retail apparatus set up in his apartment for storing his clothing.

Jackets all look wrinkled.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Worn jackets? Worn jackets? The ******* horror.

Srly. The sleeves are wrinkled! Wait, that guy is not standing like a robot and there is a rumple in the jacket! NO STYLE. NO STYLE. FIT IS OFF!!

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Read it and weep, BITCHES!!!!

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/

Damn. That's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back
frown.gif

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Good Lord ... I'm becomming a Style Forum Celeb! I'll be seeing my name in the headlines of supermarket checkout-line rags before I know what hit me. Oh wait ... that's already happened ... only for other reasons.

Lee_ZipCode ... You've seen only an infinitesimal amount of what is in my wardrobe. Just think of the horrors waiting to appear. But then ... a Cleveland opinion matters so ... little.

Merci, mon amis. Eccentric is one way of putting it ... a very polite way. Of course, what has appeard on SF is some of the bolder items shall we say. Moreover, most were part of a test ... the coats paired with the same shirt & tie ... and even the same trousers for the odd coats ... and all and shot within a span of 15 minutes. That's not exactly how I put together my daily wardrobe selection.

To top it off ... the way I looked at it on the three or four occasions I posted photos of me wearing my clothings* ... well ... why show a navy chalkstripe suit or a brown herringbone odd coat -- both of which I certainly have (in spades) -- as every Tom, Dick, and lee_44106 can do that.

EDIT: * There were also a couple of photos of a line-up of A&S odd coats ... and RA suits ... all on hanger. All just lovely ... I think.
devil.gif

You guys unleashed a beast. Where are these pictures?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I meant the jackets on the racks. Why not just throw them on the floor and do a little dance on them?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
You guys unleashed a beast. Where are these pictures?

Originally Posted by F. Corbera
A few:
Click the little arrow after F. Corbera's name. All posted many, many years ago ... back when everyone was at AAAC.

Originally Posted by RSS
Here's a whole gaggle of A&S odd coats.
A few more ... without me in them. Again click the arrow.

Originally Posted by RSS
A few tailored suits ... not from Anderson & Sheppard ... but another Anderson ... Richard
Click again for others.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Click the little arrow after F. Corbera's name. All posted many, many years ago ... back when everyone was at AAAC.

A few more ... without me in them. Again click the arrow.

Click again for others.

Thanks, RSS. I like.

gyalos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Those look like really tiny cuff links in the first photo.

In the photos I've seen he looks good. Quite peacockish, but no more than some of the younger posters on this forum, like woeisme -- I don't see you guys calling him a douche.

Woe gets away with it, hell, actually looks good in such a style of garments and combinations. Andre3000, likewise.

This guy, whom I actually don't know, since I'm not from "around here" anyway, and for reasons I cannot quite put my hands on, exhales an air of, well maybe not douchebaggery, but certainly a mild Vanilla-Icery, if you will permit me the neologism.

Word to the wise (white) boy.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Good Lord ... I'm becomming a Style Forum Celeb! I'll be seeing my name in the headlines of supermarket checkout-line rags before I know what hit me. Oh wait ... that's already happened ... only for other reasons.

Lee_ZipCode ... you've seen only an infinitesimal amount of what is in my wardrobe. Just think of the horrors waiting to appear. But then ... a Cleveland opinion matters so ... little.

Merci, mon amis. Eccentric is one way of putting it ... a very polite way. Of course, what has appeard on SF is some of the bolder items shall we say. Moreover, most were part of a test ... the coats paired with the same shirt & tie ... and even the same trousers for the odd coats ... and all and shot within a span of 15 minutes. That's not exactly how I put together my daily wardrobe selection.

To top it off ... the way I looked at it on the three or four occasions I posted photos of me wearing my clothings* ... well ... why show a navy chalkstripe suit or a brown herringbone odd coat -- both of which I certainly have (in spades) -- as every Tom, Dick, and lee_44106 can do that.

EDIT: * There were also a couple of photos of a line-up of A&S odd coats ... and RA suits ... all on hanger. All just lovely ... I think.
devil.gif

Bring the heat, RSS. I, for one, really dig your style and would like to see more. This is your chance to shine, baby!
lol8[1].gif

People would cringe if they saw my 3 closets......

Mike

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the hate. After reading some of his blog posts, he seems to be a decent-looking 20-something kid who has his heart in the right place. From what I understand he used to play basketball in college, so that comes with a bit of attitude, but calling him a douchebag seems unjustified. He takes time to respond to comments on his blog and seems to be doing something he's enjoying in his line of work as a stylist/dept. store buyer.

If anything, some of the posters on WAYWRN are more "douchy" in their preening selection of wild colours and patterns and obviously clashing eyeglasses that scream "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! NOBODY APPRECIATES ME!"

If he was a poster on here you'll all be on his balls.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I don't get all the hate. After reading some of his blog posts, he seems to be a decent-looking 20-something kid who has his heart in the right place. From what I understand he used to play basketball in college, so that comes with a bit of attitude, but calling him a douchebag seems unjustified. He takes time to respond to comments on his blog and seems to be doing something he's enjoying in his line of work as a stylist/dept. store buyer.

If anything, some of the posters on WAYWRN are more "douchy" in their preening selection of wild colours and patterns and obviously clashing eyeglasses that scream "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! NOBODY APPRECIATES ME!"

If he was a poster on here you'll all be on his balls.

agreed

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't hate the guy, but I can definitely tell he doesn't know much about real tailoring. His whole emphasis is on style, but when he tries to talk about fits, or tailoring it's
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads