Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dan Trepanier is More Stylish Than YOU!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Dec 28, 2010.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Agnelli became "Agnelli" as we know him only because he's rich. If Dan T inherented the type of wealth people would be regarding him similarly.

Please don't equate having a closet full of bespoke Savile Row suits as "looking good". None of the pictures I've ever seen of RSS looks remotely good.

Savile row doesn't mean automatically getting a great suit but the fabrics ,the cut and the fitting will be as good or better than any MTM...

I have said he has some good ideas and also some very bad combos on display...

RSS has eccentric tastes compared to many of us but the point made by the op was the number of suits present on the raks and not their qualities...

Don't compare Agnelli ,a great business brain and a sartorial hero to Dan T,you will look foolish...

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Dan T: young, lean, tall, looks good in any clothing. Great use of color, clothing in general fits him and accentuates all the positves about his physique (that's precisely what tailored clothing is supposed to do)

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I define a "fool" as blindly following accepted standards/thinking without any critical thought.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Dan T: young, lean, tall, looks good in any clothing. Great use of color, clothing in general fits him and accentuates all the positves about his physique (that's precisely what tailored clothing is supposed to do)

Are you his lover ,Dad or are you the big man himself?[​IMG]

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Well said.

It's still fun to call him a douche though! After all, he beat out [​IMG]

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Well said.

It's still fun to call him a douche though! After all, he beat out [​IMG]

And?

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Savile row doesn't mean automatically getting a great suit but the fabrics ,the cut and the fitting will be as good or better than any MTM...

I have said he has some good ideas and also some very bad combos on display...

RSS has eccentric tastes compared to many of us but the point made by the op was the number of suits present on the raks and not their qualities...

Don't compare Agnelli ,a great business brain and a sartorial hero to Dan T,you will look foolish...

This could be debatable. A very well tailored playboy, yes! but a great business brain? Not so much.

8. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Senior member

Great line from one of Dan's responses to a comment on his blog

...Bentley and flies private. One of the clients I style lives this kind of lifestyle - ...

there has to be a better way to saying that

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I agree with the point about his use of color, but none of his tailored clothing fits him well. The MAB store he touts seems to be pretty poor.

10. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I agree with the point about his use of color, but none of his tailored clothing fits him well. The MAB store he touts seems to be pretty poor.

You're right. Jackets are too short and pull at the waist.

[​IMG]

11. forex

forex Senior member

It is pathetic to discuss a poorly dressed guy who doesn't even post on this board. Fucking socks and trolls.

12. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

It is pathetic to discuss a poorly dressed guy who doesn't even post on this board.

New York Times Co. v. Sullivan: It's not pathetic if they have a blog.

13. RSS

RSS Senior member

Dan who?

14. RSS

RSS Senior member

Jackets ... pull at the waist.

Of course, he's actually wearing his clothing rather than affecting the approved SF photo stance. The pull ... well yes ... he's leaning to one side.

15. RSS

RSS Senior member

Please don't equate having a closet full of bespoke Savile Row suits as "looking good". None of the pictures I've ever seen of RSS looks remotely good.
    Good Lord ... I'm becomming a Style Forum Celeb! I'll be seeing my name in the headlines of supermarket checkout-line rags before I know what hit me. Oh wait ... that's already happened ... only for other reasons.

Lee_ZipCode ... you've seen only an infinitesimal amount of what is in my wardrobe. Just think of the horrors waiting to appear. But then ... a Cleveland opinion matters so ... little.

Merci, mon amis. Eccentric is one way of putting it ... a very polite way. Of course, what has appeard on SF is some of the bolder items shall we say. Moreover, most were part of a test ... the coats paired with the same shirt & tie ... and even the same trousers for the odd coats ... and all and shot within a span of 15 minutes. That's not exactly how I put together my daily wardrobe selection.

To top it off ... the way I looked at it on the three or four occasions I posted photos of me wearing my clothings* ... well ... why show a navy chalkstripe suit or a brown herringbone odd coat -- both of which I certainly have (in spades) -- as every Tom, Dick, and lee_44106 can do that.

EDIT: * There were also a couple of photos of a line-up of A&S odd coats ... and RA suits ... all on hanger. All just lovely ... I think. [​IMG]