• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityofAngles
Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy some of these desert boots in a retail store for a good price? or is it retail price everywhere?

They go on sale at JCPenny's alll the time.

johndhi

Reaction score
Can anyone offer an opinion on how these would fare in cold weather? I'm looking to get some boots to wear when my it's 20-30 degrees out and my Keds make my feet hurt. Are the soles thicker, and how about the leather on top?

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm wearing my Burgundy Suede Buschacres (basically DBs) right now in NYC 25-degree weather.

I've found that the socks make the difference. If you pair your DBs with thick wool socks, you're good to go.

PS - I'm wearing Uniqlo Heattech thick socks right now, and my feet are super toasty.

PPS - Don't worry about soles.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
^ I'm wearing my Burgundy Suede Buschacres (basically DBs) right now in NYC 25-degree weather.

I've found that the socks make the difference. If you pair your DBs with thick wool socks, you're good to go.

PS - I'm wearing Uniqlo Heattech thick socks right now, and my feet are super toasty.

^ this, and also get some suede protector and spray it genorously

johndhi

Reaction score
Thanks guys
smile.gif

Kraken

Reaction score
I have never had suede shoes/boots before. Is there a difference between the suede protectors and how "generous" should one be (e.g. several layers). What is the easiest/best product to use (are these sprays?)? I was thinking of getting a suede cleaning kit from Saphire, does that make sense or is there an easier solution and this is a waste of money? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

BTW: I got the cola's...

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kraken
I have never had suede shoes/boots before. Is there a difference between the suede protectors and how "generous" should one be (e.g. several layers). What is the easiest/best product to use (are these sprays?)? I was thinking of getting a suede cleaning kit from Saphire, does that make sense or is there an easier solution and this is a waste of money? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

BTW: I got the cola's...

I just got some Kiwi All Protectors from Nordstrom, I sprayed it once waited about 30 minutes and sprayed it again. When I say generous...more than normal I guess. But not tooooo much make sure you get the crevices where the suede meets the sole

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityofAngles
Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy some of these desert boots in a retail store for a good price? or is it retail price everywhere?

Angels

Info isn't free but i'll do you a favor. Look back a page or two and read what I wrote. And you're welcome
smile.gif

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared7
I wanna pick up a pair in beeswax but the UK site doesn't offer that version. Discontinued?

Amazon still has them up, not sure about international orders for amazon but I'm sure it will work out

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Angels

Info isn't free but i'll do you a favor. Look back a page or two and read what I wrote. And you're welcome
smile.gif

I found mine at a Nordstrom Rack, they had beeswax and sand

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym

the burgundy suedes are beautiful boots. i just dont have the style to pull them off.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as i said before, i bought sand and beeswax over the weekend. i'm not a big fan of the beeswax but bought it anyway in case my mind changed. i dont like leather boots that are "lighter" than the typical dark brown. i heard sno seal or the obenauf's make the beeswax darker.

is this the case? any pics? if i like the look then ill keep. if not, im going to return or can proxy (size 9) bnwob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads