1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Well-Known Member

I would at least go 1/2 size down.

If you wear shoes like converse (chucks) that have no padding then buy what you would in those. I use to wear a 6.5 in chucks but now they're made a little bigger so I had to go w/ a 6 and got DB in 7..could've gone down to 6.5 but don't think they make that size. I wear either 7.5 or 8 in Nike's and most other sneakers.

Hope that helps!

2. RefleX

RefleX Well-Known Member

More info on this please! I don't know if the BR Brick and Mortar stores carry them around here.

3. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

I wear a 10.5 in most sneakers, 9.5 in wallys and a 9 desert boot. I don't know about suede, but my beeswax boots were snug at first in width and stretched over my feet - perfect now.

4. shoesandshirts

shoesandshirts New Member

anybody with more than one pair of DBs, do different colours/styles size differently?

5. derrida26

derrida26 Well-Known Member

looks better than new? :eek:

6. dogboots

dogboots Member

Where can I buy Desert Boots in Beeswax leather with the Leather sole? The Crepe soles make it look super cheesy IMO.

[​IMG]

7. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Those are dirty crepe soles

8. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the RED WINE suede Bushacres? I bought a pair of these from Shoemall for 45 bucks, but I'm thinking about cancelling the order because I think the color may too purplish -red-tending towards brown is ok with me, but I don't see what purple would go with. Does anyone have these and can comment on the color?

9. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

never seen clean crepe soles on db's after a little wear

10. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

I meant that they aren't leather.

11. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

At one point I had 4 pairs: brown suede, beeswax, black, and sand suede. I basically wore them daily except when it rained. They were the same style and size. They served me well. I only have the brown suede left that I wear in the summer when I'm too lazy and just want to slip into something to run errands.

Brown suede colorway is so versatile. This is what I bought for a friend of mine for Xmas. I feel it's the "starter shoes" because you can wear them to job interviews and still lounging.

12. Eupfhoria

Eupfhoria Well-Known Member

do wallabees have the same sizing as the desert boots?

13. seven7seven

seven7seven Well-Known Member

What do you guys wear with sand suede?

14. dwcw

dwcw New Member

Hi guys,

I'm ready to rock with a pair of DB's, but I'm quite worried for the sizing.

General opinion is to size 1/2 or 1 full size down. I'm of a small build and my general shoe size is US7/UK6/EUR40.
    For reference, my Sperry's are all US7 (have to work the laces a bit to make it snug).
    I figured that I should be able to go for a size 6? I think I would rather get a 6.5, but endless.com seems to run out of stock for it. [​IMG]

@seven7seven

I figured sand suede (getting that pair too) will match with a nice oxford shirt (probably white) and a pair of tan/brown chinos rolled up a bit. Should be classy.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  15. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

size 6 or 6.5 should be fine

16. Mark Welinton

Mark Welinton New Member

I'm looking at the DB Beeswax, but on some websites they have a "beeswax" and a "beeswax leather" for color options. Is there a difference, or is this a mistake?

Here's an example. Orvis sells the beeswax leather
    [​IMG]Amazon sells a beeswax leather[​IMG]
    And then Amazon sells a beeswax
    [​IMG]
    All three look like different colors to me. Which one is legit?

The inside of the beeswax leather shoes appears to be smoother, whereas the beeswax appears to look grainy, or rough.

17. Mark Welinton

Mark Welinton New Member

I'm looking at the DB Beeswax, but on some websites they have a "beeswax" and a "beeswax leather" for color options. Is there a difference, or is this a mistake?

Here's an example. Orvis sells the beeswax leather
    [​IMG]Amazon sells a beeswax leather[​IMG]
    And then Amazon sells a beeswax
    [​IMG]
    All three look like different colors to me. Which one is legit?

The inside of the beeswax leather shoes appears to be smoother, whereas the beeswax appears to look grainy, or rough.

18. ac_slater

ac_slater Well-Known Member

They're all the same dude. Just buy a pair.

19. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

they are not legit. please continue your quest to find legit clarks db, it's very hard nowadays... good luck :foo:

20. seven7seven

seven7seven Well-Known Member

How do you clean suede boots? My sand suede got something on them and when i wiped with a towel and water it just made it look worse. Any tips?