• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I'm in a bind man, I'm leaning more towards the Sand colored ones now...

I've got the LL Beans for jeans and also can wear them with chinos. But I can get the Sand also and wear them with jeans...i figured since the boots are already Beeswax, I should go with suede and lighter suede...or dark browm? yay nay?

ive always loved the sand. i've a pair of grey's and now the sand. although both are "light", they look different and good depending on what i wear. i think sands look great with jeans but can go with chinos too. i bought some slim fit dockers that were on sale and they look really good with the db's but if they were tapered i think it'd look better.

how do you like the ll beans? those look really good. i dont like the dark brown ones for clarks. something about them makes me not like 'em.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
ive always loved the sand. i've a pair of grey's and now the sand. although both are "light", they look different and good depending on what i wear. i think sands look great with jeans but can go with chinos too. i bought some slim fit dockers that were on sale and they look really good with the db's but if they were tapered i think it'd look better.

how do you like the ll beans? those look really good. i dont like the dark brown ones for clarks. something about them makes me not like 'em.

I haven't got them in yet, should be this thursday. But I was in search for a good looking reliable boot that didn't break my bank account and I found a thread on here with the LL Beans and they looked amazing after a coat of Obanaufs and regular use.

what color where the docker's you got?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't got them in yet, should be this thursday. But I was in search for a good looking reliable boot that didn't break my bank account and I found a thread on here with the LL Beans and they looked amazing after a coat of Obanaufs and regular use.

what color where the docker's you got?

wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather?

i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha

phaseshift

Reaction score
wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather?

i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha

and they look great on the sand DBs?

and I'm putting obanauf on the LL Beans not the suede lol

caps

Reaction score
Been wearing mine in light snow and rain (D.C., to give you an idea) and haven't had any problems.

phaseshift

Reaction score
wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather? i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha
well I caved haha, just went back to nordstrom rack and picked these bad boys up
pufl3.jpg
Sand, god they look awesome! I also got some kiwi all protectors will be spraying them tonight in between my study time for a philosophy final tomorrow sigh..

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well I caved haha, just went back to nordstrom rack and picked these bad boys up

pufl3.jpg

Sand, god they look awesome! I also got some kiwi all protectors will be spraying them tonight in between my study time for a philosophy final tomorrow sigh..

nice! but those are oakwood's not sand! HAHA (unless if the lighting is diff)

now i want oakwoods

phaseshift

Reaction score
nice! but those are oakwood's not sand! HAHA (unless if the lighting is diff)

now i want oakwoods

you just made me look at the tag again haha, its Sand, its the overhead light in the workarea that makes it look oakwood

phaseshift

Reaction score
here's another shot in different lighting..jesus now they look grey...I must have picked a multi-color-changing one haha

345bepw.jpg

Catalyst

Reaction score
Just a heads up, but I recently went through the same things you guys are doing, it's hard to decide on what color desert boots is right. I went back and forth for a few days before I finally just broke-down and bought 3 pairs to see what went with my wardrobe the best, and sold off the others.

Right now I'm selling a New in the box pair of desert boots in the rare Cola(UK)/Chestnut(US) suede color. It's discontinued in the US, and only available in the UK. Same color as Steve McQueen is wearing in these pics:

Steve+McQueen+Boots+(William+Claxton).jpg

and

Steve+McQueen+Boots+02+(William+Claxton).jpg

sz 10 (US) ... yours for $90 and you can't get them anywhere else(except the UK for $150)! I have them listed in the FS section with some pics here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=213317

Hope this helps!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Steve McQueen was so cool. Do a girl like that come with the new shoes? Or is she extra?

Dr. Gonzo

Reaction score
Just got the grey saddleback leather dbs from DavidZ, I wanted to wear throughout the winter here in NY so what would be type of seal to buy for them. Has anyone here who purchased the saddleback leather dbs sealed theirs yet? any pics of the results?

CityofAngles

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy some of these desert boots in a retail store for a good price? or is it retail price everywhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics