• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how will a pair of Db's beeswax hold up in snow? I'm heading home in a week or two, and will be going from really nice weather to snowy conditions. Should I even bother taking my Db's?

handsometigers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Officer Of The Watch
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how will a pair of Db's beeswax hold up in snow? I'm heading home in a week or two, and will be going from really nice weather to snowy conditions. Should I even bother taking my Db's?

You shouldn't bother. You'll most likely be slipping and sliding everywhere.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by handsometigers
You shouldn't bother. You'll most likely be slipping and sliding everywhere.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case
frown.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Despite what some may say, you can slip in the rain with your DB.

Damn it was scary when it happened to me, last time i'll be wearing them shoes. And I am not even talking about a downpour... just sprinkling or when the ground is wet with puddles

EDIT:

But it depends... my 2 year old beeswax db was slipping crazy. my new davidz pair of DB was fine in the pouring rain. It depends in the long run the amount of wear and how the sole of the shoe condition is.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas,

If you live in the LA area and want DB's/Bushacre's head to Nordstrom Rack at the Howard Hughes Center.

I picked up a sand suede and a beeswax for $30 a piece. But I had credits and so on so the price for you would be $60 each. I could've proxy'd them but its too much work.

They had a lot of sand suedes from 8-11 and about 4 or 5 beeswax from 9-11

gl

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh, i'm pretty sure these are bushacre's (better than db's) because the sole is different. rubber? leather? its just not that cheap looking sole the db has.

phaseshift

Reaction score
is this TTS or is it better to do 1/2 size down? I've got a nordstrom rack 5 minutes from my place...I think I'll go there today

how do these fair in the rain?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
is this TTS or is it better to do 1/2 size down? I've got a nordstrom rack 5 minutes from my place...I think I'll go there today

how do these fair in the rain?

I'm normally a 9.5 and I always buy 9. The leather will stretch so IMO the 9 will turn into a 9.5.

This DO NOT do well in rain UNLESS if you use the protector stuff. I bought a can from my local shoe repair guy and he demonstrated how to protect your suedes. Spray it generously once. Let it dry for 10 mins. Spray it generously twice and let it dry.

I've worn my and it's been raining hard the past few days. Water gets on it and then its gone.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive heard of other ppl find DB's at their local rack. I spoke to a sales associate and they said the one I mentioned gets the most because 1. it's the biggest store and 2. it fits the "clientele". The one in BH gets diff types of shoes.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
you have better pics??

i've been looking for good pics of them to see how the color is in person

I too would like to see more pics, for some reason they look more brown on my screen

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many ******* people are going to ask if desert boots are good in the rain/snow??

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
I'm normally a 9.5 and I always buy 9. The leather will stretch so IMO the 9 will turn into a 9.5. This DO NOT do well in rain UNLESS if you use the protector stuff. I bought a can from my local shoe repair guy and he demonstrated how to protect your suedes. Spray it generously once. Let it dry for 10 mins. Spray it generously twice and let it dry. I've worn my and it's been raining hard the past few days. Water gets on it and then its gone.
I just came back from the Rack and I was so close to buying the beeswax then I saw the line and I was like
crazy.gif
, with the beeswax I can just use Obanauf Oil right? Since it's not suede

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
how many ******* people are going to ask if desert boots are good in the rain/snow??

dude seriously chill out, people ask these questions such as myself because it might rain occasionally etc here in California.

What if you're wearing them and its nothing but sunshine all of sudden it starts to rain? Who carries a ******* second pair of shoes around them?

The question is asked so that people who's gone through with them in the rain/snow can chime in and give feedback as to how to protect the boots.

Hold on, now you're gonna say use the search function right? Have you seen how big this thread is? You ask a question and then have to go forward 10 pages to even find your answer. Who's got all day to go through a thread this massive? Now you're gonna say something like there's other threads, well I've seen what happens to people who make a thread about "How does DB fair in the rain?" The same people like you tell them to go search for it...and we've already covered that route in this post haven't we?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I just came back from the Rack and I was so close to buying the beeswax then I saw the line and I was like
crazy.gif
, with the beeswax I can just use Obanauf Oil right? Since it's not suede

I dont know what Obanauf Oil is but I know most SFers use snoseal. Supposedly it's a protectant and makes your boots darker. I'd like if the bees were darker so I might just darken them. BUT, I really wanted brown suede boots so I might sell these or return em

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
I dont know what Obanauf Oil is but I know most SFers use snoseal. Supposedly it's a protectant and makes your boots darker. I'd like if the bees were darker so I might just darken them. BUT, I really wanted brown suede boots so I might sell these or return em

I'm in a bind man, I'm leaning more towards the Sand colored ones now...

I've got the LL Beans for jeans and also can wear them with chinos. But I can get the Sand also and wear them with jeans...i figured since the boots are already Beeswax, I should go with suede and lighter suede...or dark browm? yay nay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads