• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just passing through....

Picture278.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Picture299.jpg

Picture282.jpg

Picture303.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

Cheers and stay fly, gents.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some major irony in my plain grey suit challenge attire. I don't have a plain grey suit, so i went with my cashmere OC with grey rabbit hat, grey (black and white h-bone Harris Tweed) and Grey Flannels (LP 90/10 Wool/Cashmere) plus a festive vest for the time of year...

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

and then after work, went to pick up my latest from Frank...a grey three piece...lol, oh well, too late. But here's a shot on the hangar:

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

I love it...felt it looked great on me too! Next grey challenge be prepared.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hope this challenge was not too boring for everyone! Nice job, MBreinin. Looking snoozy!
I realized I have no black shoes, so had to opt for burgundy, that's oxblood for all you iGents.

gray1.jpg

gray2.jpg

gray3.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
^
Good thinking, Spoo.

Learned it from watching you, Maestro.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Careful"”it moves.

Again, that assassin on the move thing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ndw
@Spoo- that suit is badass and overall fit is great, but something seems "off" to me about the bottom of the pants. Maybe slight taper at the end with a cuff?

Yeah, the tailor hemmed them 1" too short the last time, so we had to bring them down a bit. There is a faint line there that I have not had time to manage out.

Originally Posted by spoozy

Sharp!

thanks Spoozer.

Originally Posted by TTO
Spoo, this is my budget version of your T.Ford beauty!

fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Panerai[/I]

When did you pick up the Pannny?

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by [B]Holdfast[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=3889964#post3889964'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Black shoes would have been great with this. Still good, but I feel the brown shoes jar against it.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Love this suit. Black shoes, man!!! Black shoes!!

Originally Posted by sartorialism

Yes! But let me repeat what another has already said: that suit requires black shoes.

Yes, all of you are right. But I needed to break these in one more day, and the last time I wore this suit with lighter shoes, all the critiques said a darker brown... so I did... thanks SF
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Dammit, that's the one I wanted. I really like this on you, and I don't mind the brown shoes given your choice of tie.

Thanks- You should have taken one when you could...
smile.gif

ljrcustom;3891053 said:
Looking very good, I'm not usually a big fan of your more flashy looks but I think that this ensemble looks simple and amazing.
/QUOTE]

smile.gif
Thanks lj!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Some nice looks today ...

Spoo - 3 piece, city cut = Black shoes. Black shoes, black shoes, black shoes, black shoes!!!

yep.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Spoo, what are your thoughts on flared skirts? I think that suit would look great with more of an hourglass shape.

On me? Im not the biggest fan, as I have a broad chest and narrow hips, I would look bizarre with a flared skirt. TF has extreme waist suppression, which may be what is accentuating a flared skirt. Does that make sense?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought I wouldn't be entering the challenge, meeting for my district at work during Friday changed that!
tumblr_ld8xot6hKm1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_ld8xqo7yxp1qbmp06.jpg

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
People are saying boring, but I think boring looks clean and sharp.

I like colors every now and then but pretty much agree with this. This is why incontro is the best.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
On me? Im not the biggest fan, as I have a broad chest and narrow hips, I would look bizarre with a flared skirt. TF has extreme waist suppression, which may be what is accentuating a flared skirt. Does that make sense?

A more flared skirt might work well with your broad chest. Typically they go hand in hand, as a flared skirt would look rather odd without a full chest. Right now, the TF waist supression looks a little top heavy to me.

You seem to like a little drama in your clothes (as I do), so I throw it out there for potential consideration.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who wore black shoes for this challenge?
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads