• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bare bodkin
yep, i bought all that and a better flash too, camera accessories will put you in the poorhouse

How do you like the EVF? I heard it wasn't worth it given its poor res.

bare bodkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
How do you like the EVF? I heard it wasn't worth it given its poor res.

yes the resolution was disappointing to say the least, however it is useful for bright sunlit conditions. if you're on the fence about it, i'd say wait for a refresh

Adam24

Reaction score
Like every winter, I have a hard time finding a pair of boots that (1) I like, (2) are in my price range (under 200$, but I don't mind buying used), (3) can be useful in Montreal winter. I don't need super functional boots with advanced soles for walking ice/snow.. I walk ON ice/snow (so a leather sole = out of the question), not IN/through it. Looking for something that doesn't necessarily scream 'winter boot' and that can fit into my wardrobe without looking out of place. Here are the 2 options I've found until now...

13386_0_2_700.jpg

or
13697_0_2_700.jpg

Thoughts (or suggestions for something else)?

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
In brown:

http://eboutique.maisonmartinmargiel...d10=45142393IM

???

I got it in blue/grey and it's huge. It's light for its size, and lined in black fabric, with one zippered pocket. The outside is really distressed leather, not suede. I think it's too big to use as a casual briefcase, and it's not structured enough for my taste. I am planning on returning it.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
I got it in blue/grey and it's huge. It's light for its size, and lined in black fabric, with one zippered pocket. The outside is really distressed leather, not suede. I think it's too big to use as a casual briefcase, and it's not structured enough for my taste. I am planning on returning it.

Thanks! I got it in brown and it's on the way. I may return it based on your assessment... any pics?

ennui

Reaction score
Thanks! I got it in brown and it's on the way. I may return it based on your assessment... any pics?

I've attached some quick and crappy pics from my point-and-shoot.

Adam24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
If only there was a thread for discussing winter boots that aren't ugly...

I'm very well aware of that other thread, but I'm using this one for the exact purpose it has, which is to get a 2nd opinion on a potential purchase. But hey.. thanks for the smart-ass comment
smile.gif

Surreal

Reaction score
First is Guess leather jacket. Costs $640. Is it worth it?

Second is winter coat, fits well, costs $180.

What do you think about them? Worth buying or not?

bunny4eva

Reaction score
^ Probably not a good idea to buy that leather. Most people here recommend TOJ for something higher in quality.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine to me.... xpost from denim thread
dsc0044bt.jpg
Rogue territory straight leg on left, SK skinny fit on right. The SK is snug in the calf and thigh which im not sure I like. Which should i keep? I could prob size down 1, as i got about an inch extra in the waist. Thanks

ennui

Reaction score

Forgot to mention that you can attach the top corners of the bag to somewhere near the bottom, for a different and smaller-looking shape. I think this is a similar bag:

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/03/...la-sailor-bag/

but the one I have is in leather instead of canvas.

I'm still going to return mine, as I'd rather use that money towards some Aldens. I also got this in the mail yesterday as well:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...P&sts=orders80

Any opinions on whether or not I should keep it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads