• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workouts for Back and Q on Ephedrine

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ripped_back_poster-p228516945467450760td87_210.jpg
^You get the idea. I'm not worried about my lats (max set of 23 pullups full lockout)- I'm actually trying to get the rest of my body to catch up with them and my upper legs (facking calves). I don't particularly care if the exercises are functional or purely for vanity. I've got boxing for muscle coordination and mobility. Yes, I do deadlifts. I don't do them quite as intense as a few of yall, and haven't maxed, but I've got to be functional for boxing every day. Do people still go by the volume for size and weight for strength thing, or is that mostly junk? Also, anyone ever tried ephedrine/caffeine for a bulk? I've used it before, but didn't actually have any way to quantify and compare the results. I want to put on a few lean pounds over break, and was thinking that it might help like it does for cuts. Controlled diet is no sweat (and I can still eat even loaded with stimulants), so it should work, right? Thanks. EDIT: Have one more for yall. I'm trying to get up to 100 pushups in 2 minutes. I can do 60 as of the last max set. Any ideas on the most effective way to achieve this goal? At this point I'm just doing 4 sets of 20 and 2 sets of 10 as part of a circuit.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
ephedrine used to be the king of fat burning and diet supplements. it gives a great and consistent energy rush, makes you strong as hell in the gym, and kills your appetite. this stuff is potent, but you can also quickly become accustomed to it and somewhat addicted to the feeling, which leads to overuse. it is also not recommended for anyone who is overweight, at risk of heart disease, or have had any cardiovascular problems, so in other words, everyone who wants to use it for weight loss shouldn't. if you are young and healthy and aren't diagnosed to be at risk of heart disease, then it should be fine. be warned though that the rush of energy you get from ephedrine begins to diminish the more you use it so you end up needing to take more and more of it to get the same rush. this is not a good situation to be in and i knew someone who got to the point where they needed to take three 24 mg tablets of ephedrine every morning just to wake up and stay awake for the day. you never want to be this person as this is essentially a chemical addiction to a drug.

the key to muscle growth is variation - sticking to one workout (or even a workout style) will lead to plateaus.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK

Thanks.

EDIT: Have one more for yall. I'm trying to get up to 100 pushups in 2 minutes. I can do 60 as of the last max set. Any ideas on the most effective way to achieve this goal? At this point I'm just doing 4 sets of 20 and 2 sets of 10 as part of a circuit.

For this. Over the course of 10 consecutive days you must accomplish 200 pushups(no need to time). It will vary between Day A and Day B.
Day A: 200 pushups in as few sets as possible in one sitting
Day B: 200 pushups over the course of the day in as few or as many sets as you feel like.

You will alternate over the course of the 10 days(monday is day A, tuesday is day b, wed is day a....)

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For push ups: the problem probably isn't your strength, assuming that's your back. The problem is (probably) your lactate tolerance (it burns like all living hell right when you fail at #61 in 2 min? I'm gonna assume that you have the speed to do them at the 50/min pace you need)

Lactate tolerance is a b*tch to train though.
Some ideas for workouts:
10-15-20-25-30-25-20-15-10 seconds "max" effort (running on "off" days if you have them - training like a boxer you probably do cardio already. Or hell, do pushups at max speed) with 10 seconds rest. First 2 are mostly ATP-CP, next bunch are all lactate. Long rest, enough water, if running jog, if pushing do arm circles and like incline push ups. Do this probably 2x? it's a hella hard workout.

30" on 30" off x10 again, running.

1 min max efforts with full rest. Or even 1 min increasing pace every 15". (first one is just to deplete ATPCP, the rest are lactate work)

(note: yes, training running will help you with this since I'm betting its an energy system problem not a strength one. Make sure you CAN do 100 in say, 5 minutes so its not a strength issue. Then this will give you the tolerance to the lactate build up that will let you get through the pain.)

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, anyone ever tried ephedrine/caffeine for a bulk?

That would be counterintuitive. If you're worried about fat gain during a growing phase, just make sure you're watching your calories (i.e. not too far over maintainance), carb cut-offs and doing a couple of sessions of LISS.

D Yizz

Reaction score

^You get the idea. I'm not worried about my lats (max set of 23 pullups full lockout)- I'm actually trying to get the rest of my body to catch up with them and my upper legs (facking calves). I don't particularly care if the exercises are functional or purely for vanity. I've got boxing for muscle coordination and mobility. Yes, I do deadlifts. I don't do them quite as intense as a few of yall, and haven't maxed, but I've got to be functional for boxing every day. Do people still go by the volume for size and weight for strength thing, or is that mostly junk?

Also, anyone ever tried ephedrine/caffeine for a bulk? I've used it before, but didn't actually have any way to quantify and compare the results. I want to put on a few lean pounds over break, and was thinking that it might help like it does for cuts. Controlled diet is no sweat (and I can still eat even loaded with stimulants), so it should work, right?

Thanks.

EDIT: Have one more for yall. I'm trying to get up to 100 pushups in 2 minutes. I can do 60 as of the last max set. Any ideas on the most effective way to achieve this goal? At this point I'm just doing 4 sets of 20 and 2 sets of 10 as part of a circuit.

Tell me how are you planning to get ephedrine as a supplement in the US. It was stupidly banned a few years ago under some badly founded allegations..

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
the companies selling ephedrine aren't allowed to say it's for losing weight. they have to market it as a "nasal decongestant" instead.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score

Also, anyone ever tried ephedrine/caffeine for a bulk? I've used it before, but didn't actually have any way to quantify and compare the results. I want to put on a few lean pounds over break, and was thinking that it might help like it does for cuts. Controlled diet is no sweat (and I can still eat even loaded with stimulants), so it should work, right?

Why in the world would you take EC for bulking? that's backwards. Stimulants are taken for a few reasons in a health or weight training environment, too speed up metaboism by forcing you to not sleep as much, a hunger suppressant which is exactly the opposite of what you want when trying to bulk up and some energy pre or during workout but that really is stupid IMO. You should be able to work out hard with out without that stuff if your diet is on point.

Lean mass=very proper diet-45/35/20, Protein, carb, fat and then a decently heavy weight training regiment of 4 sets or 3 sets 12/10/8/6 reps and muscle isolation of dam near almost one body part a day, max two(such as biceps and triceps) but keep chest and back and shoulders on their own separate days.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Tell me how are you planning to get ephedrine as a supplement in the US. It was stupidly banned a few years ago under some badly founded allegations..

Try to get sum Bronkaid at your local pharmacy. 60 pills x 25 mg doses = 1.5 grams

Exceed these limits and the DEA will start looking into your background:

1) Purchases exceeding 3.6 grams in a day (do not buy 3 boxes of 60 pills)
2) Purchases exceeding 9 grams in a month (do not buy 6 boxes in a month)

Max you should be taking 3 pills a day. So, in a 2 month cycle you'll use max 183 pills, which translates into 3.05 boxes. Don't be stupid or people will think you're using it to make drugs.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
Try to get sum Bronkaid at your local pharmacy. 60 pills x 25 mg doses = 1.5 grams
Bronkaid contains guggulsterones, which has a myriad of problems with it. Chiefly that it inhibits the androgen receptors and "activates" the progesterone, which is why people get the hot flashes (though with all of the studies were done with high doses). Sure, Bronkaid works, but there are probably better and easier alternatives. On a related note, I found this while searching:
Thus, both (E)- and (Z)-GS function as antagonists of MR, GR, and AR, and agonists of PR at concentrations well below those required to block FXR, indicating that the actions of GS may be caused by a polypharmacological profile of activity targeting the steroid receptor members of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily in addition to FXR. Nuclear receptors such as FXR require significantly higher levels of their natural ligands (micromolar levels) for activation than do the steroid receptors (nanomolar levels). However, based on our data indicating that GSs display considerably higher affinity for several steroid receptors than for FXR, it is reasonable to assume that doses of GS required to act on FXR in vivo would be well above those required to affect steroid receptor activity. Much of the activity that we have characterized for the GSs is consistent with the clinical pharmacology associated with its use. It is clear that compounds with similar steroid receptor agonist/ antagonist profiles, such as cyproterone acetate, which functions as an AR and GR antagonist and PR agonist, have been demonstrated to have hypolipidemic activity (Damgaard- Pedersen and Fogh, 1980; Wallentin and Varenhorst, 1980). Likewise, spironolactone that functions as aMR and GR antagonist and PR agonist has been demonstrated to have beneficial effects on hypertension and congestive heart failure (Pitt et al., 1999). In addition, there are a variety of other pharmacological activities that have been associated with guggulipid use such as reduction of acne (Urizar and Moore, 2003), which based on our data may be associated with the antiandrogen activity of the GSs. The range of receptors targeted by the GSs indicates that the pharmacology of these plant sterols will require greater examination to understand their activity and clinical significance.
http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/67/3/948.full I read somewhere that guggulsterones were added to limit the affect of ephedrine on the CNS, but I can't find anything to substantiate that, so.... If the OP is in Canada he can buy Ephedrine HCL basically anywhere, in 8mg tabs in bottles of 50, with no quantity restriction or submission of ID to some regulatory body. For those of us in the land of the "free," Yohimbine HCL is a suitable replacement, though some people don't respond very well to it.
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Thank VPOTUS Biden for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads