• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Referring to the overall feel of the fit, not the age of the clothes. The W+H coat is excellent, is that the wool m65? It looks blue - thought it only came in grey and black.

looks like the wool MK-2 (I have one, though I'm trying to sell it...), which did come in blue.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was possible to get clothes in a 30L. Damn son. I provoke concerned comments at family gatherings for being too skinny, and I'm a 38.

Could have to do with your really rapid weight loss tho. Weren't you like a 44 before

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Sorry that's what I meant; the m65 was in fleece not wool.

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Could have to do with your really rapid weight loss tho. Weren't you like a 44 before
Probly yeah. I'm just saying, size 30L???

saelan

Reaction score
Referring to the overall feel of the fit, not the age of the clothes. The W+H coat is excellent, is that the wool m65? It looks blue - thought it only came in grey and black.

Cool, I can agree with that. The coat is the wool mk-2, came in grey and blue, as I recall. I don't think I've seen it in black, anyway. I'm really happy with it. It got me through Toronto's (admittedly mild) winter last year, and I'm hoping it'll do the same this year.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Still trying to get the rules here in these parts. Putting my money where my mouth is: one shot of my post in the WAYWT pic thread. Criticism welcome.
5196085766_a433f75a19_b.jpg

I actually quite like this due to: -everything fitting well -collar roll and tuck -at least it's a blue sweater instead of a predictable navy/grey/brown combination (tho colors aren't the best) -suits him well (goes with hair and glasses) which is key If it does remind you of jcrew it's probably because it's what jcrew/br marketing is trying to achieve (but will never). To add more personality I'd probably do a piece or two with a little more flair or pattern, more contrast from coat -> trousers, ps in the coat, cognac colored lace up boots, etc.

saelan

Reaction score
StanleyvanBuren, I've got the same deal -- or I did for years. Hit my late 20's and started to put on weight, but so far it's just all going to my miniature beer gut. I suppose I should probably start going to a gym at some point. Most of the time I just wear big chunky knits to disguise my scrawniness.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
stanley, why no more awkward faces? **** tha haters yo

haha

comes down to pure efficiency. before I would take 5 shots to get one face that I deemed marginally acceptable -- easier to just take one shot and blur the face.

I have new glasses coming either end of this month or early Dec. Once those arrive I'll do a face shot to see how my overall look is developing.

till then, **** you guys
biggrin.gif

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luft,

looks good. This is funny because when I first came to SF I started on the MC and aspired to something very similar to this. Everything fits great. I don't like the color of the sweater, it feels like something you'd find at gap/express/polo. There are many more great options there.

But yes, it is a bit boring.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Mother ****, I grant we're in the same arena but Listi is talking about swapping a 32R for a 30L. Chest.

I'm a solid 34R chest and 29 waist.

No plans to bulk up. Have neither time nor (moreover) inclination. Past efforts only ever yielded marginal results at best.

Plus side of my metabolism is that I can drink heavy german beers all night long and never put on weight, so if the trade-off is not having muscle mass either, *******, it's worth it to me at least.

Go ogle kunk if I'm too waifish for you.

Calm your skinny self. We have nearly identical measurements (I have a 34 chest and 28 waist).

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone who wears larger sizes than me is obese, and everyone who wears smaller sizes than me is starving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads