The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

stanley, why no more awkward faces? fuck tha haters yo

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I didn't realize it was possible to get clothes in a 30L. Damn son. I provoke concerned comments at family gatherings for being too skinny, and I'm a 38.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

thats cuz america is fat....

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

Referring to the overall feel of the fit, not the age of the clothes. The W+H coat is excellent, is that the wool m65? It looks blue - thought it only came in grey and black.

looks like the wool MK-2 (I have one, though I'm trying to sell it...), which did come in blue.

5. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I didn't realize it was possible to get clothes in a 30L. Damn son. I provoke concerned comments at family gatherings for being too skinny, and I'm a 38.

Could have to do with your really rapid weight loss tho. Weren't you like a 44 before

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Sorry that's what I meant; the m65 was in fleece not wool.

Could have to do with your really rapid weight loss tho. Weren't you like a 44 before
    Probly yeah. I'm just saying, size 30L???

7. Binker

Binker Senior member

ar six, youre making listi's day right now.

8. saelan

saelan Senior member

Referring to the overall feel of the fit, not the age of the clothes. The W+H coat is excellent, is that the wool m65? It looks blue - thought it only came in grey and black.

Cool, I can agree with that. The coat is the wool mk-2, came in grey and blue, as I recall. I don't think I've seen it in black, anyway. I'm really happy with it. It got me through Toronto's (admittedly mild) winter last year, and I'm hoping it'll do the same this year.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Still trying to get the rules here in these parts. Putting my money where my mouth is: one shot of my post in the WAYWT pic thread. Criticism welcome. [​IMG]
    I actually quite like this due to: -everything fitting well -collar roll and tuck -at least it's a blue sweater instead of a predictable navy/grey/brown combination (tho colors aren't the best) -suits him well (goes with hair and glasses) which is key If it does remind you of jcrew it's probably because it's what jcrew/br marketing is trying to achieve (but will never). To add more personality I'd probably do a piece or two with a little more flair or pattern, more contrast from coat -> trousers, ps in the coat, cognac colored lace up boots, etc.

10. saelan

saelan Senior member

StanleyvanBuren, I've got the same deal -- or I did for years. Hit my late 20's and started to put on weight, but so far it's just all going to my miniature beer gut. I suppose I should probably start going to a gym at some point. Most of the time I just wear big chunky knits to disguise my scrawniness.

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

stanley, why no more awkward faces? fuck tha haters yo

haha

comes down to pure efficiency. before I would take 5 shots to get one face that I deemed marginally acceptable -- easier to just take one shot and blur the face.

I have new glasses coming either end of this month or early Dec. Once those arrive I'll do a face shot to see how my overall look is developing.

till then, fuck you guys [​IMG]

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, can't wait...much love

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Luft,

looks good. This is funny because when I first came to SF I started on the MC and aspired to something very similar to this. Everything fits great. I don't like the color of the sweater, it feels like something you'd find at gap/express/polo. There are many more great options there.

But yes, it is a bit boring.

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Mother fuck, I grant we're in the same arena but Listi is talking about swapping a 32R for a 30L. Chest.

I'm a solid 34R chest and 29 waist.

No plans to bulk up. Have neither time nor (moreover) inclination. Past efforts only ever yielded marginal results at best.

Plus side of my metabolism is that I can drink heavy german beers all night long and never put on weight, so if the trade-off is not having muscle mass either, fuck it, it's worth it to me at least.

Go ogle kunk if I'm too waifish for you.

Calm your skinny self. We have nearly identical measurements (I have a 34 chest and 28 waist).

15. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Everyone who wears larger sizes than me is obese, and everyone who wears smaller sizes than me is starving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.