• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you swim today?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

streetminimal

Reaction score
I have issues trying to do the roll when I get to the end of the pool.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
flipturns? it's basically a somersault and then you kick off and streamline and maybe throw in some dolphin kicks

when i first learned i kept flipping sideways instead of straight so it takes some practice

btw, did another 2k today and practiced my backhand and skip shots

Mblova

Reaction score
Any good articles/videos out there to breakdown the finer points of the basic strokes. It's been a few years since I've seen the pool and would like to get back into it.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ try just looking around youtube for tutorials

did 1500 today, lazy sunday

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just rejoined our local gym almost entirely for the purpose of using their lap pool (although I'll use the other stuff as well to get a well-rounded workout). I haven't done much swimming lately and miss it.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Attempted 1500 without goggles and failed miserably, ended up just doing a random number of flipboard kicking

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just getting back into swimming. I swam 350 meters tonight. The pool is much longer than I remember. But I feel good and am looking forward to going back tomorrow or the next day. If I don't swim tomorrow I will probably go for a run.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double day today. 6.5 mile run at noon. standard swim workout after work. 250 breast, 250 free, 500 free with the evil strokemasters (red), 250 breast, 25 minutes of free.

missing the open water already though...

-Jeff

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
brutal waterpolo practice tonight, 3 hours of pain.

warm up was 4 100 reverse IM's with 5 seconds rest inbetween. 50m sprint relays, one guy swims and everyone else is shoulders out until their turn

leg workout was a relay. one person would hold half a 5 gallon jug of water over their head and eggbeater across the pool and back while everyone else had to have shoulders out the whole time.

then it got better and we were practicing shooting drills and then we scrimmaged and did some sprints

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did 500 meters at lunchtime today. It was a good quick workout.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did another 500 yesterday, then ran a couple of miles and swam another 250 tonight. Once I get my swimming fitness back up to par I'll start extending my distance.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
easy swim sets today with an easy practice

200 warm up
4 75's, first 25 free, second breast, third free
3 100's on the 1:15
3 50's on the 50
4 50 eggbeaters with defender pushing back (pretty tough)
bunch of different shooting drills and intense legs workout
some scrimmage

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
high 90s here in Long Beach, CA today so did a lunch time swim, prolly 1500m or so. it was great.

-Jeff

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I still have trouble with the flipturns.

This spring I took "lessons" from a member of the Sarah Lawrence swim team. She made me change virtually everything I was doing. Then another coach said what she taught me was all wrong. Then a friend of mine who swims competetively and takes master classes with Olympians all over the country said that all consensus has been shattered and everyone is doing different things these day.

Oh, yesterday 2300.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads