• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

ceej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

They'll be fine, on the new standard sizing down 2 is normal, even 3 is not unusual. Depending on what you're looking for, 1 down often stretches out too much.

After stretching its not uncommon to see the waist on these about 5 inches more than the tagged size, and similarly they stretch quite a bit in other areas as well.

Give them another couple weeks and they'll be slim, but fit very well.

fungz0r

Reaction score
What my 27 NS look like on me right now

5144634189_7cdd07076c_b.jpg

aceofspades923

Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.

blake3030

Reaction score
Wait for one of the european online stores to do free shipping and they'll cost you about $145-$150. I got a pair from Endclothing and a pair from Tresbienshop in these circumstances.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aceofspades923
Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.
Used

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

im a true 32" and bought a tagged 30. a few months on, if i dont belt them tightly, they are ready to fall off me: the waist has stretched out to around 34", plus they are pretty baggy in the thighs. they stretch like crazy.

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aceofspades923
APC doesn't let retailers discount their jeans. The only time you'll find APCs on discount is if a retailer forgets to put it on an exclusion list for a sale they have, or if they're going out of business and it's just a fire sale.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone has a recommendation for a jean that fits like NS but with higher back yoke and rise? My NS 'sags' a little from my larger bottom and I afraid it might look like those diaper fit jeans after its fully broke in...

ceej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
How much did they stretch?

The waist is now about a 34, thigh is about 11.5, so they stretched about 3 inches in the waist and 3/4 inch in the thigh, if going by context's measurements.

DaveB

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of apc new standards and have been wearing them for 4 days although not for full days usally just when im out doing stuff so proabally around 4 hrs per day. The waist id say about right they don't fall right off without a belt but there fairly snug where I would not mind some extra stretching in the waist. My problem right now is they are extremely tight in the crotch/thighs to the point where running is out of the question and walking up stairs is difficult. Is this normal and something that will stretch out overtime where I can wear the jeans with some semblance of comfort?

wildcat83

Reaction score
I am going to be picking up a pair in the next week, and I have a question about hemming. Should I get them hemmed at the very beginning, before I start my initial wear, or should I wait and roll them up for the first year? I am a 29 1/2-30 inseam, so it might be insane to consider wearing them for a year at that length, but I do not want to mess up the end result?

How high would you have them hemmed given my measurements? 30? 31?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics