A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bob99

bob99 Senior member

How does everyone here rock their New Standards? Hemmed or no hem? I'm trying to decide if not hemming them just looks wacky, considering they're pretty tight in the thighs.

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

dont forget if u hem your new standards the leg opening is going to get wider..some people dont take that into consideration

3. steezin

steezin Senior member

If i soak my apc's before i wear them will they shrink atall?

4. attacus

attacus Member

i am thinking of getting my very first apc raw and torn between these two: petite standard and new cure. i am currently wearing nudie thin finn dry organic, size 28/32.

1. which one will give me the almost identical fit? ps or nc?
    2. is nc slimmer/skinnier that ps?
    3. thinking of getting size 27 for the apc but some one told me that i should go for 26. is this advisable. note: i still want to spawn offsprings.

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

i am thinking of getting my very first apc raw and torn between these two: petite standard and new cure. i am currently wearing nudie thin finn dry organic, size 28/32.

1. which one will give me the almost identical fit? ps or nc?
    2. is nc slimmer/skinnier that ps?
    3. thinking of getting size 27 for the apc but some one told me that i should go for 26. is this advisable. note: i still want to spawn offsprings.

Explore the internet; find measurements of all 3 Jeans; Compare.

Have Fun!

6. attacus

attacus Member

Explore the internet; find measurements of all 3 Jeans; Compare. Have Fun!
    i have done a search but the measurements differ from one to another. for instance: context clothing: waist/rise/thigh/knee/leg opening (in inch) apc ps size 29: 31/9/10.75/7.5/7 ideology boutique: waist/rise/thigh/knee/leg opening (in inch) apc ps size 29: 29/9/9.3/8/8 thus i would really appreciate any advice from anyone with regards to my enquiry.

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Ideology measurements are way off. Context is proper.

8. sir daddy-ding-dong

sir daddy-ding-dong New Member

this happened to me too, and its bumming me out. i can see light coming in if i look into my jeans

9. Abliss

Abliss Senior member

10. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

How long did it take for thighs to stretch out? I've been wearing my NS for about a week now, and I still find them a bit too tight for my style. I have smaller waist but larger thighs (curse you squats!) so right now the waist on my 27 NS fit well, but only cause i think the jeans are tight across my thighs.

Another question for the future, would APC Rescues be a better fit for small waist larger thighs?

11. ceej

ceej Member

Don't stress too much, they stretch like crazy. If they are still very snug, they will for sure stretch out more if you've only been wearing them for a week.
    Give it another 2-3 weeks and there should be pretty noticeable change.

As far as rescues go, unless you've got enormous thighs, they aren't really necessary unless you're looking for a pretty baggy look. New standards usually accommodate if they're sized properly from what I've seen.

How many did you size down? I'm assuming not too many considering the waist already fits well after a week

12. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

Don't stress too much, they stretch like crazy. If they are still very snug, they will for sure stretch out more if you've only been wearing them for a week.
    Give it another 2-3 weeks and there should be pretty noticeable change.

As far as rescues go, unless you've got enormous thighs, they aren't really necessary unless you're looking for a pretty baggy look. New standards usually accommodate if they're sized properly from what I've seen.

How many did you size down? I'm assuming not too many considering the waist already fits well after a week

superfuture enormous or normal person enormous?

13. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

How long did it take for thighs to stretch out? I've been wearing my NS for about a week now, and I still find them a bit too tight for my style. I have smaller waist but larger thighs (curse you squats!) so right now the waist on my 27 NS fit well, but only cause i think the jeans are tight across my thighs.

Another question for the future, would APC Rescues be a better fit for small waist larger thighs?

Mine were quite tight around the thighs for a few weeks, but then they stretched quite a bit. There's a definite 2-3 week breaking in process.

14. ceej

ceej Member

superfuture enormous or normal person enormous?

Superfuture enormous=everything but starvation

new standards are a slim straight jean. So generally, unless you have very large thighs in relation to your waist, they will not fit tight, unless they are sized down in order to achieve such a fit.
    Rescues are cut well for "larger" customers, or customers looking for a very relaxed fit.

So unless you have very muscular or fat thighs/ass, the new standards should be able to work (if sized properly obviously).

15. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot