A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ceej

ceej Member

I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

They'll be fine, on the new standard sizing down 2 is normal, even 3 is not unusual. Depending on what you're looking for, 1 down often stretches out too much.

After stretching its not uncommon to see the waist on these about 5 inches more than the tagged size, and similarly they stretch quite a bit in other areas as well.

Give them another couple weeks and they'll be slim, but fit very well.

2. ceej

ceej Member

apc petit standard tagged 29, sized down 3
    3 months in, worn daily
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

What my 27 NS look like on me right now

[​IMG]

4. aceofspades923

aceofspades923 Active Member

Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.

5. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Wait for one of the european online stores to do free shipping and they'll cost you about $145-$150. I got a pair from Endclothing and a pair from Tresbienshop in these circumstances.

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.

Good luck.

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Used

8. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

im a true 32" and bought a tagged 30. a few months on, if i dont belt them tightly, they are ready to fall off me: the waist has stretched out to around 34", plus they are pretty baggy in the thighs. they stretch like crazy.

9. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

APC doesn't let retailers discount their jeans. The only time you'll find APCs on discount is if a retailer forgets to put it on an exclusion list for a sale they have, or if they're going out of business and it's just a fire sale.

10. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

Anyone has a recommendation for a jean that fits like NS but with higher back yoke and rise? My NS 'sags' a little from my larger bottom and I afraid it might look like those diaper fit jeans after its fully broke in...

11. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

apc petit standard tagged 29, sized down 3
    3 months in, worn daily

How much did they stretch?

12. ceej

ceej Member

How much did they stretch?

The waist is now about a 34, thigh is about 11.5, so they stretched about 3 inches in the waist and 3/4 inch in the thigh, if going by context's measurements.

13. ceej

ceej Member

What my 27 NS look like on me right now

[​IMG]

those are looking good in my opinion

14. DaveB

DaveB Senior member

I just got my first pair of apc new standards and have been wearing them for 4 days although not for full days usally just when im out doing stuff so proabally around 4 hrs per day. The waist id say about right they don't fall right off without a belt but there fairly snug where I would not mind some extra stretching in the waist. My problem right now is they are extremely tight in the crotch/thighs to the point where running is out of the question and walking up stairs is difficult. Is this normal and something that will stretch out overtime where I can wear the jeans with some semblance of comfort?

15. wildcat83

wildcat83 Well-Known Member

I am going to be picking up a pair in the next week, and I have a question about hemming. Should I get them hemmed at the very beginning, before I start my initial wear, or should I wait and roll them up for the first year? I am a 29 1/2-30 inseam, so it might be insane to consider wearing them for a year at that length, but I do not want to mess up the end result?

How high would you have them hemmed given my measurements? 30? 31?