1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ceej

ceej Member

I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

They'll be fine, on the new standard sizing down 2 is normal, even 3 is not unusual. Depending on what you're looking for, 1 down often stretches out too much.

After stretching its not uncommon to see the waist on these about 5 inches more than the tagged size, and similarly they stretch quite a bit in other areas as well.

Give them another couple weeks and they'll be slim, but fit very well.

2. ceej

ceej Member

apc petit standard tagged 29, sized down 3
    3 months in, worn daily
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

What my 27 NS look like on me right now

[​IMG]

4. aceofspades923

aceofspades923 Active Member

Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.

5. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Wait for one of the european online stores to do free shipping and they'll cost you about $145-$150. I got a pair from Endclothing and a pair from Tresbienshop in these circumstances.

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Does anyone know anywhere I can find these below retail? Maybe through a coupon code at checkout or something online? Thanks.

Good luck.

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Used

8. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

I sized down 2, when i first put the jeans on, i couldn't get the top button done. But like after a couple hours of wearing it i could do the top buttom. I think i couldve done with sizing down only 1, since I think with this current pair the result will be quite slim, unless it stretches a lot

im a true 32" and bought a tagged 30. a few months on, if i dont belt them tightly, they are ready to fall off me: the waist has stretched out to around 34", plus they are pretty baggy in the thighs. they stretch like crazy.

9. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

APC doesn't let retailers discount their jeans. The only time you'll find APCs on discount is if a retailer forgets to put it on an exclusion list for a sale they have, or if they're going out of business and it's just a fire sale.

10. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

Anyone has a recommendation for a jean that fits like NS but with higher back yoke and rise? My NS 'sags' a little from my larger bottom and I afraid it might look like those diaper fit jeans after its fully broke in...

11. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

apc petit standard tagged 29, sized down 3
    3 months in, worn daily

How much did they stretch?

12. ceej

ceej Member

How much did they stretch?

The waist is now about a 34, thigh is about 11.5, so they stretched about 3 inches in the waist and 3/4 inch in the thigh, if going by context's measurements.

13. ceej

ceej Member

What my 27 NS look like on me right now

[​IMG]

those are looking good in my opinion

14. DaveB

DaveB Senior member

I just got my first pair of apc new standards and have been wearing them for 4 days although not for full days usally just when im out doing stuff so proabally around 4 hrs per day. The waist id say about right they don't fall right off without a belt but there fairly snug where I would not mind some extra stretching in the waist. My problem right now is they are extremely tight in the crotch/thighs to the point where running is out of the question and walking up stairs is difficult. Is this normal and something that will stretch out overtime where I can wear the jeans with some semblance of comfort?

15. wildcat83

wildcat83 Well-Known Member

I am going to be picking up a pair in the next week, and I have a question about hemming. Should I get them hemmed at the very beginning, before I start my initial wear, or should I wait and roll them up for the first year? I am a 29 1/2-30 inseam, so it might be insane to consider wearing them for a year at that length, but I do not want to mess up the end result?

How high would you have them hemmed given my measurements? 30? 31?